Hamas Attacks, Israel Responds

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Cascarino's Pizzeria, Oct 7, 2023.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    What is being taught? Nice dig. Similar to how colleges were the bain of Vietnam hawks.

I am glad you believe there is nothing bad that can come of this. I will see you in the Gulag and oh how I will laugh.

2. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No, they are winning the war.
    How nice it must be for Hamas to brutality murder civilians, including women and children, and the go hide among the civilian population in Gaza in the hopes that Israel will kill a bunch of them so you can say how bad the Israelis are.

edcalvi, Moishe and TyffaneeSue repped this.
  3. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    sometimes two things can be bad at once.

Pønch, Timon19, superdave and 2 others repped this.
  4. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    You do have to factor in the years not raised in an open air prison. The could have been savages from the start but they have also been fed a steady diet of horrible living conditions.

Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  5. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    BTW, good luck Saturday. I'd rather see the Crew win it.

Smurfquake and stanger repped this.
  6. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    We are the Mississippi of the solar system. They only stop here if their ship breaks down.

Mike03 and Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  7. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I really (and I don't mean it in an offensive way) have no idea what you're saying.

8. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The reality for Israel is that they have been under constant attack from Gaza for the last 15 years. At this point, I'm guessing they are taking the course of action that they find most expedient for the country. (Exacerbated by the fact that Bibi is running the show. I am pretty sure they could have stretched the ceasefire out for a few more days, for example, but that wasn't in his plans.)

I remember, not that long ago, the UN regularly issuing condemnations of this or that Israeli action. I don't think Israel was ever focused on winning Ms Congeniality among countries.

Imagine that San Diego and Los Angeles were regularly getting hit by rockets from Tijuana and Ensenada. I'm sure the US would be extraordinarily patient.

edcalvi, Moishe, DoyleG and 1 other person repped this.
  9. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Repeating this over and over again doesn't make it true no matter how much you wish it.

Each party is responsible for its own crimes. Hamas is responsible for the 1,500 people it killed on 10/7, and Israel is responsible for the 20,000 people it's killed since, the two million people whose homes it's destroyed, the city larger than your home town that it's obliterated.

Unless, of course, you think of Israel as some kind of rabid animal whose reactions are predictable and Pavlovian.

10. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Your engaging with someone who's unironically citing C*n*ry Mission. Better to just move on.

11. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Ah, yes, those hearings didn't happen. Canary Mission created the video and now tweeting their own fabricated content. Got it.

12. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    For a PR standpoint, the ground shifted under Israeli leadership because they have never had this kind of pushback along with humanizing of the Palestinian people before so they reacted in the traditional method of aggressively defending their actions.

If they had sent in the army and taken casualties as they cleared block by block, it would have garnered better coverage. However, no military leader worth their salt is gonna a choose the higher casualty option unless they had to.

13. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Hamas started a war on 10/7. This is what war is.

edcalvi and luftmensch repped this.
  14. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    You are out of your depth. You don't pay attention to politics by your admission so you don't know how these things work. People have tried to tell you but you seem arrogant about you ignorance on the matter.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news...ring-confirmation-hearing-im-not-a-biologist/

Why wouldn't she define a woman?

15. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    You said those that don't believe in Israel are anti-semitic. Do I have to provide you your own words?

16. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Kill'em all and let God sort'em out, eh!?

17. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I don't effing care about some other hearings that took place. Stop telling me what I need to know before I post things. This is a soccer forum, not Bolt legal debate competition. I don't need to know "how things work" (whatever the ******** that means), the political stance of the house committee or every ********ing politician who is part of US Congress. I listen to the question and I listen to the responses. I then post the link to the recordings of such videos. The more y'all try to ignore and dismiss it and attack the sources, the less likely you're going to convince me I'm wrong. The question happened, the responses happened. That's what matters.

edcalvi and Potowmack repped this.
  18. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    If you can't tell the difference b/w an ultra orthodox rabbi being anti-Zionism b/c of the scriptures, and someone who yells zionism = fascism, well, I'm not sure there's much to debate.

19. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Make sure your enemy is soundly defeated by any means necessary, with the priority being the safety of your own people.

Now I’m not saying that’s morally right, or that the path Israel is choosing is the best way to go about it. But that’s the reality of being at war, and Israel is very obviously treating it like one, regardless of whether or not outsiders see it that way.

edcalvi, Potowmack, Moishe and 1 other person repped this.
  20. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What would a proper response by Israel have looked like in your opinion?

21. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Silencing Universities is an old trick of conservatives and fascist. So the fact he stated anti-semitic teachings, "what is being taught" is how they go after what schools are allowed to teach. This is how you get the New College in Florida.

I say Gulag because you keep slapping these people in the back for being anti-semitic and they will get your vote or people like you. Before you know it, they will be in charge because they are the people that will squash dissent. Then we will be together in the Gulag and you will be wondering how is this possible and I will be laughing at you.

22. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm having one of these weird surreal breaks with reality. Who's winning the war? How is that measured and how can you tell?

This is like in the movie Full Metal Jacket, when Joker goes to Vietnam and experiences the war with some front line troops including his boot camp pal Cowboy. The war sucks, it's chaos, people are dying, nobody knows what's going on, everyone hates it, and some general shows up and says "you boys better get on board for the big win" and the soldiers are all, what the hell is this guy talking about? That's what I got from your post. How can you tell who is winning? How is victory defined? The world sees thousands of dead Palestinians, which is exactly what Hamas wants the world to see. From that perspective, Hamas is winning. Hamas doesn't give a shit about dead Palestinians, and apparently neither does Israel, so Israel bombing civilians is doing exactly what Hamas wants. Israel is helping Hamas win! How is that good for Israel?
    OK, this feels more like coming back to reality.
    1. Identify the intelligence failures and hold people accountable, all the way up the top, for those failures. For a guy whose main platform is "I'll keep you safe", Netanyahu sucks at his job and should be removed from power at the very least.
    2. Use your intelligence to identify Hamas leaders, and use police tactics - not military tactics - to find them. Capture them if possible, kill them if necessary. Use surveillance, surgical strikes, etc. We mocked drone attacks in Iraq and Afghanistan but they have less collateral damage than bombs.

Every dead civilian is a win for Hamas. Israel needs to stop killing Palestinian civilians, unless they're damn sure that they can get a Hamas leader with them. Show the world - and the Palestinians - that you care more for Palestinian lives than Hamas does.

ElNaranja, Pønch, Timon19 and 5 others repped this.
  23. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I will answer when you tell me how much is too much.

24. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Did you not say the below.

25. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    If you've read the Gulag Archipelago, you'd know Gulags create few laughters. But ok, thanks for explaining. I understand why you draw this parallel, but I don't agree. By the same token, I can create a different hyperbole and say this is how Hitler rose to power. Certain institutions began to demonize the Jews and next thing you know, you're in Treblinka.