Hamas Attacks, Israel Responds

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Cascarino's Pizzeria, Oct 7, 2023.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    As I’ve mentioned before, to force the depopulation of Gaza.

2. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Do you think the same of judges that refuse to answer the "define what a woman is " question?

College Presidents represent a very diverse group and how you rule regarding one ethnicity can have a ripple effect on others. Calling a gay man, c-cksucker or fagat is extremely offensive. Is that hate speech? What about the college Christian group says "homosexuality is a sin and it must be destroyed." Does that cross the line of genocide? Colleges can be sued for the most minor infraction. We live in a society where doctors are advised not to say sorry because it might have legal ramifications. But yeah sure college Presidents shouldn't factor context into how certain language is at the university.

Also remember, if not careful these same rules will be used by conservatives to take over state colleges and punish dissent of any kind.

Chesco United and superdave repped this.
  3. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Cascarino's Pizzeria BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Formal or informal ME peace is possible if people want it enough.

4. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Nah, just don't give AF. The "tunnels under everything" is attempting to buy them justification and more bombing time. Ain't working.

Deadtigers and charlie15 repped this.
  5. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't do nothing, you just don't use the military to bomb in such a way that you kill a bunch of civilians for every legit target. How did we get Osama bin Laden? Good old fashioned intelligence and police work - we watched, and waited, and paid off some folks to get information, and eventually tracked him to that compound in Abbottabad where we killed him. Which works better - that, or dropping bombs on wedding parties because we think there's a bad guy there?

Anyways, you're right in that there isn't a country on Earth that wouldn't use its strongest military response after a 9/11 or 10/7. It would take a mentality that is incompatible with having a strong military. But it is a trap that leads to more of the same - it's almost impossible to break that cycle.

6. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    There are Rabbis who interpret the Torah that says the Jewish people are to remain without a homeland. Are they anti-semitic too?

Chesco United repped this.
  7. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    #7607 Pønch, Dec 6, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2023
    So the only options are to bomb the everloving shit out of civilians, or do nothing?

8. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    One, I hope you're not talking about Neturei Karta folks, they are insane
    Many rabbis also believe in Israel post Messiah, just not in the Israel that exists today. That has nothing to do with the Zionist movement.

TyffaneeSue repped this.
  9. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Bibi gets earful from freed hostages & their families. Is still a dick to them.

A former captive from Kibbutz Nir Oz, who was recently released as part of the deal, said: "I experienced captivity and I understand its hardships. Every day in captivity was extremely challenging. We were in tunnels, terrified that it would not be Hamas, but Israel, that would kill us, and then they would say Hamas killed you. So, I strongly urge that the prisoner exchange begins as soon as possible and everyone needs to return home. There should be no hierarchy. Everyone is equally important."

Another former hostage who returned with her children, but whose husband remains in Hamas captivity, said: "We felt as though no one was doing anything for us. The reality is that I was in a hideout that was bombed and we became wounded refugees. This doesn't even include the helicopter that fired at us on our way to Gaza. You claim there is intelligence, but the reality is that we were being bombed. My husband was separated from us three days before we returned to Israel and was taken to the tunnels. And you're talking about flooding the tunnels with seawater? You are bombing tunnel routes exactly where they are located. My daughters ask me where their father is, and I have to tell them that the bad guys still don't want to release him."

https://www.ynetnews.com/article/rkqi3ypsa#google_vignette

10. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The people of Kiryas Joel, NY are Jewish, but anti-Zionist.

Deadtigers repped this.
  11. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This is false.

charlie15 and feyenoordsoccerfan repped this.
  12. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I'm far from a scholar on this topic, but they are largely part of Satmar sect, which is like Amish on crack. It's an ultra ultra Orthodox group of Jews, who again, don't believe in Zionism strictly due to writings in the Torah. I really think you guys are grasping here when you reference such groups when arguing what anti Zionism is.

edcalvi, TyffaneeSue and Chesco United repped this.
  13. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We did invade a country and for a while changed their government

Deadtigers and Chesco United repped this.
  14. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The afghans had less than Hamas and they seemed to have well

15. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I've pointed out on here that the fringe right displays its antisemitism and bigotry in Vegas/Times Square lights. They've been doing so for years, case in point Charlottesville. The fringe left it's more subtle and usually hidden behind things such as a wild misunderstanding of academic theories. Or under cover of what would otherwise be legit criticism of Israel. It also doesn't help that the pro-Palestine side isn't exactly great at optics or rhetoric. And of course, it doesn't help that a lot of them make bad faith statements about the matter. Or that Hamas isn't interested in peace.

16. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I just want to add we are all products of our experiences and upbringing. So I totally respect how that experience shapes your view on the matter. My parents were born in colonial British Gold Coast that became Ghana. It informs a large amount of my view on the matter.

What I also want to say is that in the creation of Israel, it is often ignored how the Allies went from sorry that happened to you, to, but yeah we can't have you living here, why don't you go off some place else.

Moishe, Quakes05 and TyffaneeSue repped this.
  17. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why do you feel that bombing houses where you KNOW non-combatants are, including many women and children, is somehow less reprehensible? Is there a greater morality to dropping bombs from the sky, severing bodies into pieces?

18. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So your opinion is Israel is intentionally targeting women and children?

19. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    your opinion then is that Israel is unaware of how many women and children are being killed in order to kill one enemy combatant?

"Hamas' media office said on Tuesday at least 16,248 people including 7,112 children and 4,885 women had been killed in Gaza by Israeli military action since Oct. 7. Thousands more are missing and feared buried under rubble."

20. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Effectively, yes. @deejay posted this article last week, and I quoted from it several times. Read it.

21. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    The rules are different for Israel because they are suppose to one of the good guys. The international community doesn't place demands on AQ or Boko Haram for clear reasons.

Pønch repped this.
  22. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    He was too busy screaming but 10/7 to read or see anything else, you have to forgive him.

23. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im sure Israel knows what it is doing.

24. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    right, and they keep doing it anyway, knowing full well its mostly women and children being killed. sounds intentional to me.

tomásbernal and Deadtigers repped this.
  25. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did read it, with a grain of salt.

To reiterate, no one wants war except Hamas, that can really be the only reason for the 10/7 attack. Now that the war is being lost you can’t go back and say the other side is being too brutal.

Again, Hamas puts civilians in harms way on purpose. Do you expect Israel to do nothing? Because that is what you are asking. Any attack on Hamas will kill civilians because that is the goal for Hamas.

It’s horrible what is happening in Gaza but it’s more on the actions and tactics of Hamas when civilians are killed.

edcalvi, Dr. Wankler, Moishe and 4 others repped this.