Hamas Attacks, Israel Responds II

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by argentine soccer fan, Mar 5, 2024.

1. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Cascarino's Pizzeria BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Well, it might've been the Cooley School of Law whose valedictorian his year was Michael Cohen :whistling:

2. Potowmack

Potowmack Member+

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love alternative history as much as the next guy, but that’s too whacky for me.

3. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Those of you who are up in arms about USC: were you similarly disturbed about the dozens of campus presentations by Jews, many unrelated to politics, history, or the current conflict, that have been canceled due to protests over the last few months? These presentations were all, as far as I know, directed toward small audiences of people, not a large public gathering like a graduation.

Or does "freedom of speech" only apply to viewpoints you endorse?

4. superdave

superdave BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are comparing presentations to the commencement speech. I don’t think those are comparable. The former is only about the controversial issue here.

5. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    I had not heard that. Do you have examples?

6. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Ehhhhh. If events are as she describes them and those events were canceled by university administrators for pretextual reasons, that is also worthy of condemnation.

7. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Also, this is shocking:

https://www.propublica.org/article/israel-gaza-blinken-leahy-sanctions-human-rights-violations

"Among the allegations reviewed by the committee was the January 2021 arrest of a 15-year old boy by Israeli Border Police. The teen was held for five days at the Al-Mascobiyya detention center on charges that he had thrown stones and Molotov cocktails at security forces. Citing an allegation shared by a Palestinian child welfare nonprofit, forum officials said there was credible information the teen had been forced to confess after he was “subjected to both physical and sexual torture, including rape by an object.

Two days after the State Department asked the Israeli government for information about what steps it had taken to hold the perpetrators accountable, Israeli police raided the nonprofit that had originally shared the allegation and later designated it a terrorist organization. The Israelis told State Department officials they had found no evidence of sexual assault or torture but reprimanded one of the teen’s interrogators for kicking a chair."

8. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Please tell me you're not serious. If you're being honest, holy shit, I would love to know where you get your news.

Moishe, chad and TyffaneeSue repped this.
  9. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Why I asked for examples. If they were not allowed to convene by a university simply for being Jewish then obviously that's wrong.

10. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    It's not so much they are not being allowed to convene b/c they are Jewish (though this happened as well, but more so in "private events), but you have essentially crowds of demonstrators who interrupt and prevent people from either participating or attending the aforementioned events (this has happened on many campuses on both coasts), and the universities refuse to do anything about it.

TyffaneeSue repped this.
  11. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My favorite thing of late is the apoplexy in defense of people who have gotten in trouble for tearing down posters of hostages from 10/7. I’ve seen at least two MSM articles about it this past week or so, npr and wapo.

But please tell me more about the rational and moral superiority of progressives.

TyffaneeSue repped this.
  12. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    There was a piece in I can't remember where about the Fight antisemitism Twitter group and how "successful" they have been.

13. superdave

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Source/link?

14. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

15. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Are you insinuating that the young woman from USC is being dropped because of her religion? I’m pretty sure it has to do with her controversial comments regarding Israel.

TyffaneeSue, chad and luftmensch repped this.
  16. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I cannot expressed how upset I am seeing Biden and the EU appeasing the genocidal regime in Israel. Israel can respond to Iran as it sees fit and deal with its consequences on its own. Instead, we have Biden writing an op-ed for the WSJ to push passage of the aid package to Israel, committing the US to get involved directly if Israel can't handle the heat against Iran. We have his administration then "green light" an Israeli invasion of Rafah in return for imaginary concessions on Israel's response to Iran. All that topped by more sanctions by the US and EU on Iran. All this as Israel now is privately regretting its strike on the Iranian consulate, admitting it miscalculated Iran's response.
    https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...n-israel/0000018e-eecd-daad-a3de-eeff299e0000
    Israel-Hamas War Day 195 |
    Report: Israel Miscalculated Iranian Response to Top General's Killing, Told U.S. 'Moments' Before
    Report: Israel unlikely to carry out strike against Iran until after Passover ■ European leaders back new Iran sanctions after attack on Israel ■ Five IDF reservists in serious condition following rocket, drone strike on northern Israel ■ Qatari PM says Doha 're-evaluating' role as Israel-Gaza mediator

17. superdave

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That’s a lot of words for something you can’t express.

18. upload_2024-4-18_14-25-32.png
    upload_2024-4-18_14-23-37.png
    About your "I prefer to at least try to keep a civil tongue in my head so I won't descend to your level.", lies and cheats presented in a "civil tongue don't deserve a civil treatment.
    My level is way above yours, as I don't go out altering someone's post to fit a lie and I don't go about lying about someone to attack him.

19. upload_2024-4-18_14-40-30.png
    We in Rotterdam broke down three houses in order to be able to get to a WWII bomb of 500kg 8m deep in the ground.
    700 houses and 1100 people have to be evacuated to be safe.

A 1000 pounder was in this case in march 1988, named the Belle-bom, removed too, with a radius of 300m evacuated and a 300 to 600m radius order to stay inside/clear the roads.
    https://www.rijnmond.nl/nieuws/166506/30-jaar-later-een-complete-woonwijk-ontruimen-voor-de-bellebom

So, given this, how sane is it to drop bombs this size into Gaza, most likely far densily populated than these evacuated areas.

20. Loco

Loco BigSoccer Yellow Card

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's the whole reason why this law is going to get ultimately struck down by the SC. Because its unenforceable. The SC has trended for the last 20 years to side with private institution's right to associate themselves with ideas of their choosing. The manual is relevant because the Leonard doesn't provide Again, you don't know what the hell you are talking about because you conviniently ignore the SC's trends. Which is the whole thing.

Again, this is NOT a 1st Amendment Free Speech issue. Its a California law which might conflict with US constitutional interpretation. You are so lost that its laughable. .

21. Loco

Loco BigSoccer Yellow Card

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So. . . her instagram posts are no longer relevant here? The fact that she linked to posts that call for "one Palestinian state”, saying that it “would mean Palestinian liberation and the complete abolishment of the state of Israel” ... . we're all pretending she didn't? ok. Great.

BTW, none of this changes the fact of what took place on October 7. Is this naive girl saying that the retaliation is too much? too much to what? the murder and rape carried out by the Palestinian terrorists on October 7? I don't get what she has to do with the conversation herein.

22. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    This contradicts the reports about the US giving the Israelis a green light to invade Rafah:
    https://www.axios.com/2024/04/18/us-israel-gaza-rafah-offensive
    Scoop: U.S. and Israel to hold talks on Rafah amid Iran tensions

23. superdave

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All war is insane. This one ain’t some special snowflake. What’s your point?

24. superdave

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t think anyone is pretending that. But her speech wasn’t cancelled for her past. In USC’s statement they cited the fear of violence in the future.

25. Fear for a make believe future violence?
    Everybody in here knows/is told the only violence is being done by the pro people, so it must be a pretended reason.

superdave repped this.