Hamas Attacks, Israel Responds II

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by argentine soccer fan, Mar 5, 2024.

1. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As an aside, I question whether fascism is a legitimate POV meriting sober consideration and respect.

2. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Damn... You really are an abohorrent person.

tomásbernal and feyenoordsoccerfan repped this.
  3. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right wing twitter is loving the protests and how they are handled.

4. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    While it is fine to protest in support of Palestinians, one should realize that protesting in support of Hamas is supporting genocide against Jewish people.

yasik19 repped this.
  5. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Who exactly is protesting in favor of Hamas.

6. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    You don't think that Hamas would agree with this slogan?
    [​IMG]

7. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    This has been said 1,873,427 times on this thread, but some thoughts require explicit actions. While I disagree on most things with you, I do believe many of you are against Hamas and just want peace for Palestinians. However, not only hasn't there been a single anti-Hamas rally on the Pro-Palestinian or Ceasefire crowd, there have been a dozen of videos showing people with "Down with Hamas" or "Hamas are Terrorists" posters as part of that same crowd and those protesters have been physically and verbally abused and attacked. Now I don't know whether those are trolls or not, but even if they were, there is simply no anti-Hamas message in those crowds. Zero. I know what you and your side will say, "well, doh, that's a given." And I can tell you 100% it's anything, BUT given. There have been flags of Hamas, IJ, Hezbollah, ISIS, etc...flying in those "Free Palestine" crowds.

You know how there are Jewish Voice For Peace rallies? Why aren't there similar groups on the other side? Hell, forget peace....how about a Ceasefire rally for release of hostages?

Loco, Raumdeuter, superdave and 3 others repped this.
  8. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    And I expect this figure to increase.
    https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/isra...ls-about-50-survivors-later-committed-suicide

Following the Hamas-led massacre at the Nova Music Festival on October 7, about fifty survivors have committed suicide, revealed Guy Ben Shimon.

Ben Shimon, a survivor of the massacre, spoke on Tuesday at a Parliamentary hearing for a State Audit Commission on the treatment of the survivors of October 7.

"Few people know, but there have been almost 50 suicides among the Nova survivors. This number, which was true two months ago, may have increased since," Ben Shimon said, emphasizing that many of his friends who escaped the massacre could not recover from what they had experienced.

luftmensch, feyenoordsoccerfan and Loco repped this.
  9. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Loco repped this.
  10. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is gutting news.

11. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I mean one has to be either willfully ignorant or just not follow the news to see how many speakers (and there are dozens upon dozens of videos for anyone who doesn't believe this) of speakers at the Pro-Palestine rallies who literally the first thing they say is "we do not condemn Hamas" or "Hamas are Freedom Fighters". And you know what, if that's what you believe, fine (I mean it's not fine, but that's your choice). But to say those folks are not "in favor" of Hamas is intellectually dishonest.

luftmensch, goliath74 and bigredfutbol repped this.
  12. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania

13. superdave

superdave BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Selected nations, and the data is between 6 and 8 years old. This is exactly the kind of post an ideologue writes where he does a google search and links the “best” source and then hopes nobody looks at it too closely.

Your intent here isn’t to discuss and inform but to lie. I don’t like putting people on ignore because it can make threads really hard to follow but you’ve earned it.

14. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    No one can know the horror they went through when Hamas commited those unspeakable acts.
    May the victims that commited suicide rest in peace, and I hope the rest of the victims find the strength to carry on and hopefully no more of them chose that path.

15. superdave

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let’s do better than find a rando.

tomásbernal repped this.
  16. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    #1941 waitforit, Apr 16, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2024
    First of all I answered the question of "who exactly is protesting in favor of Hamas"

Secondly why? Randos do not go to these protests? You think people cannot go to these protests believe this stuff but will not say out loud. Why isn't the guy thrown out for saying this stuff?
    Can a white supremacist go to a BLM protest?

There was/is a guy keep being attacked for having a "HAMAS are terrorists" flag in London. Yes he does it on purpose but people keep attacking him.

17. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Cascarino's Pizzeria BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Here we go again...

majspike repped this.
  18. superdave

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, if you still think you added to the conversation, I guess that’s that.

tomásbernal repped this.
  19. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    What more evidence do you need?

[​IMG]

It is only good governance by Axel Springer that they don't allow the questioning of Israel's right to exist.

20. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Well at least it added more to this conversation than what I am just quoting. Nice quip I guess

21. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    how about this guy?

trump believes biden is complicit in genocide in gaza

22. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    You forgot the airquotes around believes

luftmensch repped this.
  23. Loco

Loco BigSoccer Yellow Card

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There are also a lot of pro-Palestinian people who are chanting Death To America.

Freedom of Speech is our religion in America. Its our most important right. But seriously, if you are living in the US and you chant Death To America, you are too ignorant for us to ignore. Because we know what comes next.

Protestors can demonstrate/protest for either side of the conflict, but yelling death to the country that is hosting you seems pretty insane.

24. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Cascarino's Pizzeria BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    I have free & fair elections and accepting the results of an election above freedom of speech, but one may quibble if they'd like.

Burning a flag is protected speech as is chanting "death to America" Go read up on some cases.

25. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    So to recap we went from no one is protesting "in support of Hamas" to "they are allowed to as free speech exists"

Good thing we are on a football website so you must be aware of the "moving the goalpost" expression