Hamas Attacks, Israel Responds II

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by argentine soccer fan, Mar 5, 2024.

1. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Except it was technically an annex of the consulate which was adjacent to the embassy. That doesn’t make it an embassy, something I am quite sure both CNN and Reuters probably knew but neglected to report accurately.

Furthermore, once a diplomatic post opts to allow its military to utilize it for operational purposes it loses its protected status.

Of course you may be saying that it is pure coincidence that 7 high ranking IRGC officers had offices there. I hope you aren’t but somehow I think you’d believe that

edcalvi and yasik19 repped this.
  2. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Thank you.

3. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I am saying you can't go around bombing another country 's property then say protect me big brother from a retaliation that may be a geo-politcal nightmare and remember world we are the good guys and all we want is peace.

Also if Iran Bombed a consulate annex of Israel in Singapore or something, would it not being an embassy make it less of an attack!?!

4. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Well, last I checked, Syria isn't Iran, and considering Syria's stance on Israel, its role in arming, and transferring weapons to Hezbollah, and that the individuals targeted were part of Quds force, who again, arm a proxy who have been attacking Israel non-stop, so yea, those little details are inconvenient to someone like you with your "anti-colonial" shtick. Nevertheless, I don't quite understand the "14 Israelis" comment. Anyhow, I'm sure you're gloating and justifying the absolutely ridiculous attack from Iran directly on Israeli soil (larger than any aerial attack Russian has performed in Ukraine), but you do you....

TyffaneeSue and edcalvi repped this.
  5. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Cascarino's Pizzeria BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    We don't know that it was Israel who bombed it

6. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Was Israel using it for military purposes? It makes a huge difference. Let’s not pretend Iran has clean hands in any attacks against Israel.

7. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Free Lebanon from Israel....

Moishe and TyffaneeSue repped this.
  8. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Buenos Aires wants to say something.

Moishe, argentine soccer fan and edcalvi repped this.
  9. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    He who smelt it dealt it? Was this any less ********ed up than the consulate annex bombing? I guess to you any bombing is a good bombing cause you are really going out your way to justify this act of war.

Ok but considering everything else going on at this point, this seemed like a smart justified decision. Inviting external conflict on top of an internal conflict. To each their own. So are Israel the victims if Iran responds? I am just trying to be clear if Israel is always the innocent party or can they be called a Dicktim?

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  10. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Oh, and in case it wasn't clear for some "confused" individuals on this forum why Israel did what it did in Syria, see below.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/assassinated-iranian-general-involved-planning-155555330.html

An organization affiliated with the Supreme Leader of the Islamic Republic of Iran revealed that Iranian General Mohammad Reza Zahedi, who was reportedly killed by an Israeli airstrike on April 1, played a key role in the mass murder of 1,200 people, including over 30 Americans, on October 7.

But yea, going after someone who had a hand in a murder of 1200+ civilians on hostile territory is TOTALLY justified for some rather "just and fair" posters here to excuse and rationalize the 185 “Shahed” suicide drones, 36 cruise missiles, and 110 ballistic missiles....b/c you know, Israel.

Moishe repped this.
  11. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    B/c you have a difficult time processing and analyzing certain information that doesn't compute in your head, see my post above. And once you had a chance to maul over this information (take your time), do you know who was killed? Well, let me fill you in.

The embassy, a Catholic church, and a nearby school building were destroyed. Four Israelis died, but most of the victims were Argentine civilians, many of them children.The blast killed 29 and wounded 242.

So, b/c I know this will be very hard for you to comprehend, I will ask the inevitable question. Are you asking me if this bombing was any less ********ed up than killing 7 army officers of Quds force, including those responsible for 10/7 attack?

Perhaps you can just stfu for once.

Moishe and edcalvi repped this.
  12. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Perhaps not.

I am not counting bodies or denying the tragedy of AIMA. Here are my issues, number so you can grasp it.

1) Was such a an act by Israel worth the lowering of their political capital within the US and the world. This act puts more pressure on Biden and USA not less and increases anti-semitism on the right and left.
    2) Iran never claimed responsibility for AiMA, but Israel did for the Annex. Yes Iran operates through proxies but that is a big difference.
    3) IDF is telling us military people were using that building. Is this still Schrodinger's IDF? Can't identify aide workers in trucks at night but can identify senior military officials using a consulate annex for nefarious activities.
    4) What does this action gain Israel other forcing the US to support them and having to go on high alert.

13. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  14. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I will definitely keep that in mind for the purposes of this thread. Yet you still haven't acknowledged the absolute difference in BA bombing of Israeli embassy and what happened in Damascus. I can't quite wrap my head around this b/c you asked if one was any less ********ed up.

I've no idea what this act did for Israel and US. Israel did what I assume they thought was better for Israel. Is Bibi short sighted or not, I don't know. He ain't been exactly making the best decisions lately. With regards to anti-semitism, well, if Israel killing 7 Iranian soldiers, some of who committed 10/7 planning is going to cause more hate for Jews around the world, perhaps it's the world YOU don't want to live in and one you should aim to improve.

Argentinian court disagrees. https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/12/world/middleeast/argentina-iran-1992-1994-attack.html

Have they been proven wrong here? They went after key Quds figures and got them. I thought going after military targets was allowed?

Time will tell, won't it. In the meantime, Iran has launched what you would call a war crime against Israel. I expect you to condemn Iran and call a spade a spade.

Moishe, edcalvi and argentine soccer fan repped this.
  15. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The air base was reportedly the base used by Israel to attack Iran's consulate in Syria.

16. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  17. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    1) if you want to transfer an act vs campaign. Yes one was by a proxy group and there are doubt or counter claims. While the other is a direct act by a foreign government attacking another government in an embassy.

2) The court can disagree but Iran never came out and thumped their chest we did this as Israel

3) Iran hasn't denied military officials. But this kind of precision makes the accidents look more egregious. Precise to an incredible degree with great Intel but we accidentally kill aide workers cause ya know, things happen.

4) I am act of war response to an act of war, or did I miss something.

18. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Now do Iran. Or is this "he did it first" type of thing?

Unless I missed something, neither did Israel. Not only have they not thumped their chest, they never even confirmed it. Where are you getting this information?

I posted a detailed article that outlined what IDF's take was it. I also said in the same post (to you specifically) that it doesn't matter as people have already made up their minds.

So both are wrong in your view? It's just you haven't actually said so.

19. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Nope, I will sign up for our own army. To be prepared when the Russians come.

20. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    So Israel all has to do is arm an entity to the teeth make that entity attack Iran and it won't count as an Israeli attack. Holy loophole Batman

yasik19 and Moishe repped this.
  21. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Cascarino's Pizzeria BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
  22. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Never took you for an Iranian lapdog

23. With computers/servers!!!

24. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    You saw them with your eyes but the party told you to reject the evidence which was clearly fake/planted.

Orwell was right

25. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You have regurgitated talking points that have been debunked ad nauseum for a decade. This is GPT1.0 level nonsense.