Halle Berry...CATWOMAN!!!!

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by metroflip73, Sep 14, 2003.

1. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was watching Larry King Live last nite cuz I wanted to catch a couple minutes of the John Ritter thing, RIP.

Later on in the show, the original quest, Stone mentioned that she and Berry were to be in Cat Woman, with Berry taking the lead role. Stone said that she could not disclose the role she was to have in the film.

2. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    I don't get it. They're making a movie solely about Catwoman?

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, and Halle Berry is Catwoman.

Blechh.

4. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that:

1. Blechh, Halle Berry?
    2. Blechh, Halle Berry as Catwoman?
    3. Bleckh, Halle Berry's looks?
    4. some combination of the above?

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    A Catwoman movie will bomb just like An Electra from Davedevil movie will bomb. The only female superhero movie they could make that would do well is Wonder Woman. No one want's to see a Catwoman movie. Whats was the last movie that Halle Berry carried that made a 100 mil

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll take number 1 and 2.

But I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers.

7. whirlwind

whirlwind New Member

Apr 4, 2000
    Plymouth, MI, USA
    As cinema, sure. As attractive women in skintight clothing, it won't bomb. At least not on DVD.

No one wants to see another Freddy Krueger movie, or another Jason movie, but they made one.

Carried? Monster's Ball.

Starred in? X-Men, X-Men II, Swordfish, Die Another Day, Bulworth, Losing Isaiah...

8. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    Um, let's hear some specifics first: director and screenwriter, for instance. "Premise" has very little to do with how great a movie will be--it's all in the people who write and shoot the thing.

I can think of plenty of directors who could do cool stuff with a catwoman movie.

Of course, if you're just interested in budget and gross, which seems to be the case, then we're simply speaking different languages.

9. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  10. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    So how would they explain the fact Catwoman turned into a black woman between now and the second Tim Burton Batman film ?. Will there be two Catwomen ?.

Oh, and if that's the outfit, I'd be very disappointed. It's crap. It looks like she's wearing a Mickey Mouse hat for starters.

12. Ellison

Ellison Member

Jan 11, 2000
    New Jersey
    she'll never top Julie Newmar

13. david dunn

david dunn New Member

Jun 20, 2003
    france
    the picture is ugly, but it's not a surprise, the first film of Pitof: Vidoq, is ugly...
    I fear that this movie will be terribly bad...

I prefer remember the catwoman(michele Pfeifer) of the great Tim burton's movie Batman returns

14. whirlwind

whirlwind New Member

Apr 4, 2000
    Plymouth, MI, USA
    In the old Batman TV series, Catwoman was played by both Julie Newmar (white) and Eartha Kitt (rather pale-skinned African-American.) They didn't worry much about continuity issues back then either...

15. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    Hmmm, didn't know about the black Catwoman from the TV series. Interesting that. Anyway, I also fear that this film will be a bad movie with the target audience of 15 year olds with suspicious stains on their trousers. It'll be worse than the Goerge Clooney Batman film.

16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Word is that her character will be "possessed" by some ancient Egyptian cat goddess and that's how she gets her powers.

Agreed!

17. webster

webster New Member

May 18, 2002
    NYC
    Unreal. She has taken a very mediocre career, flashed some skin, then got taken to town by Billy Bob, and now she's a top-tier star.

I still have no clue how she won an Oscar.

18. cj herrera

cj herrera New Member

May 7, 1999
    Oakland, damn straig
    Both top notch -- did wonders for the development of young male minds across the land. Ahem.

Julie
    [​IMG]

Eartha
    [​IMG]

(Eartha may eek out a victory for simply being Eartha Kitt)

19. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    Riiiight, that's a good plotline. I can see the trailer now:

"She was an American archiologist watching the excavation of a tomb from the 22nd dynasty, when something struck her. She became possesed by the Egyptian goddess of biscuits, Anus, and now she is running amok in Gotham City in order to get the ancient book of Arkalarknark which will make her the ruler of the universe. Halle Berry is.......[no, not sh_t at acceptance speeches] CATWOMAN !!!"

I doubt Brendon Fraser will be involved to shoot her. The more I hear of this film, the worse I think it sounds.

P.S. I also don't understand why she's so highly rated. Just don't give here another Oscar, I can't stand blubbers like Halle and Gwynth.