Halifax v Leigh RMI [R]

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by Peakite, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    Halifax 2-1 Leigh

Just got back from the game, first win since Boxing Day. We were pretty decent for the first hour, then let it slip later on. Still it does help you keep warm when there is something to cheer about. Still is hasn't been all bad news between these two wins. We did manage a draw against Shrewsbury back in January.

2. Wide Boy

Wide Boy New Member

Aug 23, 2002
    London
    Thanks for the update. I noticed that Halifax had drifted towards the relegatiojn places.

Is the stadium finished yet? Has the relegation of the egg-fumblers had any impact on that?

3. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    The rugby team never put any money in from the sale of Thrum Hall anyway, so relegation makes little difference. Still no more work being done at the moment.

Despite losing today down at Tamworth, Farnborough also losing to Shrewsbury means we cannot now finish in the bottom three, so have avaided any last chance of relegation. Although with Droylsden looking like they'll finish runners-up in the Unibond (I don't know todays result though), Farnborugh should escape the drop two. I can't see Leigh picking up enough points to catch them.

4. basso001

basso001 Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Bay Area, Calif.
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    I think there will still be three teams relegated from the Conference this year, so Farnborough will go down too.

Good to see Halifax survive, Luan. I've been thinking of you when I noticed their position in the table.

b.

5. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    With Droylsden getting a good point down at Hucknall, I think they should be capable of taking runners-up spot from Barrow in the Unibond. If they do third bottom will survive. And even if Barrow do manage second there could be one or arguements about it. Supposedly the Conference will only accept division champions, although it hasn't been properly introduced (or something like that).