Halifax and a Tour of the South [R]

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by Peakite, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    New season and very few signings over the summer. However, we did underperform greatly last season, especially away from home which saw a grand total of 11 points (easily the worst in the division).

11th August
    Weymouth v Halifax
    Conference

Opening day and a long trip for most, but quite convenient for me. At least it should have been. Got stuck in traffic on the M27, despite setting off in good time I was eventually forced to give up before reaching the New Forest. No obvious routes round. By this point, even with clear roads would struggle to make kick off. As it turns out, Weymouth was hosting a regatta/festival that weekend. No publicity on the club sites and I wasn't the only one to fall foul. Possibly the biggest event in town all year, really should have been considered when drawing up the fixture list.

For the record we lost, 2-1 with a late Weymouth winner.

18th August
    Abingdon Town v Ardley United
    FA Cup

Now I'm keen to watch as much football as last year, but really can't afford regular trips to the Shay (I'm buying a flat), so intending to visit a few more local games and not focus on one particular team.

Both sides play in the Hellenic Premier and had apparently played each other in a close encounter recently. I've seen step 5 clubs before, but the standard on this occasion was much better. Closely contested Abingdon eventually ran out 2-1 winners, deservedly so although Ardley did miss a great chance to force a replay when their striker got too much under a very good ball from a few yards out. It landed very high up a large tree behind the goal. No cards shown in a well officated game. A couple of words spoken, but played in good spirits.

Culham Road looks to be a very good ground at this level, covered stands around two sides, with a seated stand around the halfway line. Decent looking pitch which is pretty wide too, and a friendly welcome at the ground.

Halifax Update

We're crap, missed two home games but home draws against two of the part time sides (Altrincham and Histon) doesn't bode well. Going well in the former, 2-0 with both to Andy Campbell, before caving in. The latter a 0-0.

However, we could face more off field problems, we've been having an imminent takeover for months now, yet nothing ever seems to happen. Hopeful something can be done, especially as finances have appeared to be improving.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/halifax_town/6957159.stm

Should be at Ebbsfleet on Saturday, looking for something local on the Monday.

2. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    The whole Halifax saga has been an absolute joke. It seems like Calderdale Council wanted the stadium without thinking about the teams. Both the RLFC and FC have suffered spectacular falls from grace. Driving past that stand every day, it must be too badly neglected to finish.

I think that the takeover may come off, and Ralph is just trying the 'QPR' tactic, of issuing a desperation plea to finish off negotiations.

3. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    I don't think it should be too bad to complete, whilst nothing much appears to be done, it does look to be a solid structure, none of the bits which would suffer most from neglect having been added. It's certainly a mess though.

4. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    25th August
    Ebbsfleet United v Halifax
    Conference

Finally been able to catch a Halifax game this season, and what a performance. Throughly deserved our total goals being nil. One effort, a Steve Bushell strike from a set piece, actually testing their keeper (and it would have probably missed anyway). Ebbsfleet weren't that much better, but our keeper did make a couple of very good saves in the first half. Lost 1-0 after they got a goal early in the second half.

I still think we aren't that bad, just really need to show a bit more adventure up front, throw the ball up and let the strikers try and deal with it. They are good enough, but can't do much with the chances offered. A low budget, but the players have all shown they can perform better.

Referee wasn't the greatest I've seen, a little too card happy for the game. Harsh ones given on both sides. But that is the fourth time I've been to Stonebridge Road and still to see a point.

Suffered a little bit from an uncovered terrace, was very hot and some shade would have been appreciated. Ground does leave room for improvement, but it does have a very good pitch. I've heard stadium announcers struggle with player and team names beforehand, but this was the first time I've ever heard them get the name of the home team wrong. He managed to start off the old name (Gravesend & Northfleet) before a hasty retraction.

5. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    27th August
    Cirencester Town v Banbury United
    Southern Premier

The Corinium Stadium is located in a field somewhere in the vicinity of Cirencester. Woods on one side, a barn on the next and crops round the rest of the ground. A new ground, and seems pretty well suited to the level.

Banbury got off to the better start, but the first 35 minutes were largely eventful. Cue the rest of the half being filled with daft challenges, a couple of pushes to opponents faces, including one after just winning a free kick. Plenty of bookings, although no-one sent off as the referee didn't appear to have much control.

The home side improved after the break, without really troubling the Banbury keeper. The solitary goal was from a late penalty. Conceeded by Cirencester it makes a change to see no players contesting it. A fair decision too.

6. Kevin Alexander

May 27, 2004
    America's Dairyland
    Excellent reports! Thanks again for "reviving" these for the new campaign!

7. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've not been past the ground, but I've seen the odd photo, and the stand reminds me of Oxford United's stadium, which lay abandoned and half-built for about 4 years.

I think Port Vale have a half-built main stand as well, although in their case it's actually half-finished

8. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    [​IMG]

9. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    Cheers for the comments.

1st September
    Oxford United v Halifax
    Conference

Aside from missing the turnoff to the stadium yet again (it's only signposted from the north), a pretty uneventful trip up there. Helpful as it's one of the local teams for me. Didn't bother with a programme and a cup of tea, because the former wouldn't be worth it, and they can't make the latter.

Now I've not been too complementary obout their ground in the past, however, after being to a couple of other newer grounds I've realised it isn't that bad. Having open corners improves the ground, not making look like a bowl. Also where else offers you such magnificent views of the car park?

The away section is located in a stand which looks remarkably similar to the newest one at Carlisle, only with a bit darker paint. And they've even managed to line it up with the pitch.

A quiet first half, a few chances for both sides, pretty even, but 0-0 did sum up the action perfectly fairly. Still, a better performance than last week. Soon after the break Oxford hit the ball upfield, headed down into the path of Duffy, 1-0. Or 0-1 as I see it. They then start playing some good football, have a goal disallowed and we're looking pretty poor.

Cue Andy Campbell (Conference top scorer prior to the game, maybe even after it) breaks through into the box, pulled down and Steve Torpey (England futsal international) converts.

It finishes 1-1, more good work through Torpey and Campbell saw a chance for us to take the three points. An injury time (and it's sponsored at the Kassam, along with substitutions) goalmouth scramble nearly sees them back in front. Anyway, 1-1 and a much improved performance. Still a way to go, but I'm happy with this.

Both sides managed to give debuts to new strikers too, both called P Shaw.

A quick run back until getting stuck in traffic, presumably through people leaving the Madejski. Could be a pain with more local games.

Anyway, this is probably the last time I'll be at a Halifax game for a few weeks. The next three away fixtures have all been moved. Stafford and York for Setanta, the former I'd have definitely gone to otherwise. Also Torquay, a trip I'd have been keen to make is now on a Friday evening. No idea why, but it's taking the mick for such a distance. Last year I could have made it, but having lessons through to the last period and I'd be pushing making kickoff (would need to put a lock on people leaving Bristol during rush hour). A friend is now heading down too, so drinks out in town seem likely to make up for it.

10. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    Featuring the VIP seating too.

11. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Brings to mind the saying "trying to run before they can walk"

Hope Fax do well though. A lot of my former teammates played for their youth sides and I've been to watch and play at The Shay. They deserve better.
    1-1 away at Oxford is a reasonable result, but not as good as they could be if they are run properly and financially solvent.

12. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    Halifax Update

We've been granted an extra month to pay off our £100,000 unpaid tax bill. The former chairman has offered the club to the MyFootballClub website, but I'm still hoping the consortium can come good.

A 3-2 win away to Stafford is very welcome too, not a great start to the season, but we've actually managed to do no worse in any of the games compared to last season.

8th September
    Oxford City v Gosport Borough
    Southern South & West

Decided to head back to Oxford again this weekend, making the drive up to Court Place Farm this time. Typically for games in this city I managed to overshoot the right turn for the ground. Signposting from Reading isn't good. The directions had mentioned a McDonalds I managed to miss, normally they're so obvious, this must be their first invisible outlet.

On the edge of the city, not too surprisingly from the name, the ground is ppleasant enough, a little too much metal, but perfectly acceptable. With a large bar too, so good for those who can walk there.

Both teams have started the season well and this game was pretty entertaining. Chances were created at both ends, the keepers made some very good saves and there were other near misses. The Gosport manager was also very good about complaining. He didn't shut up throughout.

A 2-2 draw in the end, Jermaine McSporran putting Oxford ahead twice, the second against the run of play, Gosport equalising without too much delay. A fair result as the sides were pretty evenly matched.

13. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    14th September
    Torquay United v Halifax
    Conference

Decided that I could get down for this one. Three hours drive on clear roads and less than four hours to do it. I teach, and had a class last thing, so no getting away early. There was only one thing likely to stand in my way of making it, and that was Bristol. Did get held up there, but made the ground a few minutes into the game. Parked blocking the team bus in (figured they'd leave after me) and then found the away entrance shut. Thankfully the Torquay staff were pretty friendly and I got in via reception and a tour through the home end. Hadn't missed much.

Entertaining first half, scoreless though both sides created chances. We quickly fell behind from corner after the break, equalised from the penalty spot (deservedly so) then let in two late goals. One from a free kick near the corner flag, then another corner. 3-1 at the end.

On the whole not a bad performance, and if we can replicate the form of the last two away games against weaker opposition (Torquay and Oxford being two of the strongest sides in the division), won't struggle as much as last year. Providing we complete the season of course.

Must work on corners, we can't defend against them and can't convert our own. At least we created chances today.

Impressed with Plainmoor, a decent ground, one of the better ones in the division.

14. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    15th September
    Abingdon United 1 v 1 AFC Totton
    FA Cup

United are the younger of the two Abingdon sides, and currently playing at a higher level than Town. Their histories are obvious from the grounds, Northcourt Road being a smaller more modern affair than the rundown, but larger, Culham Road. It's also the first time that I've taken my car into the ground, parking being under the trees within the perimeter.

I've seen Totton play last season, in slightly different surroundings, they lost 3-1 to Truro City in the final of the FA Vase. That was played at Wembley in front of 27,000 (but practically none in the middle tier). About 150 here, most home fans, about the same as we took to Torquay last night.

A quality programme, cheap, with several articles, a profile of both teams and even a history of Totton and Eling dating back to 850. Also some interesting ground rules. Don't insult the referee, he has a hard job (the one today did a good job too) being one that most clubs should have. And enforce. I did like the must visit the bar before or after the game. And they did have a couple of picnic tables next to the pitch.

The game itself wasn't the most eventful. Another 0-0 by half time, although the home keeper did have to make a superb save just before the break. The away keeper incidentally has played an important role in a Hampshire defeat of the Australian cricket team.

Totton took the lead midway through the second half, and looked like they'd take the win and a place in the next round with United having little to offer up front. However, the equaliser arrived in injury time and standing next to the home bench it appears they make a habit of this. You wouldn't have thought that Abingdon were a division above Totton (beaten to promotion last season by Gosport).

An interesting colour combination of strips. Yellow v pink; not one you'll see too often.

15. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    22nd September
    Halifax 1 v 1 Rushden & Diamonds
    Conference

Made the trip up north to the Shay for the first time this season, which as things stand could possibly be my last trip up to see the club. Obviously I hope not, and developments to save the club are looking more promising of late.

The side is coming together quite nicely, and is probably only a couple of players and a bit of form to make a challenge at the top of the division. Jon Shaw and Andy Campbell are making a good partnership for themselves up front. Darryn Stamp, Lewis Killen, Danny Forrest and Steve Torpey are all capable of supporting them, midfield could do with a little work, as could the defence, but we've got Greg Young on the way back, and if he can complement Adam Quinn and Cortez Belle in the centre, things could be looking up.

First half was largely one way traffic, Torpey scoring from a free kick midway through the half. Campbell nearly made it 2-0 straight from the kick off (imagine San Marino v England, but with the keeper saving). Their keeper really did make the difference here, some superb saves in both halves. Without him Rushden would have been out of this one.

Second half we weren't as good, really letting Rushden come on to us. Still created chances, but now Mawson was busy (making a great save of his own too). Campbell off too early (hopefully a minor problem) and we finished with three central defenders and three full backs.

91st minute, a Rushden player falls to the ground in the box. They score from the resulting penalty. I wouldn't mind seeing that one again, he did seem to go down a little too easily, though there certainly was some contact.

Should have more than enough quality to avoid a struggle like last season, especially with four sides who look really quite poor. Just hope the state of the Shay doesn't become an issue.

16. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    29th September
    Reading Town 0 v 2 Chertsey Town
    Combined Counties Premier

Decided to head down to Brockenhurst on the edge of the New Forest for their FA Cup tie against Maidenhead. Never made it. Averaging 2mph on the road out of Reading (there was a broken down car at a roundabout), it became clear I'd be unlikely to get there on time.

Turned round and paid another visit to Scours Lane to see Reading Town. Within five minutes Chertsey took the lead with a soft goal (the keeper only parried a shot he should have caught). Quite frankly the home side were appalling, having supposedly brought in several new players to improve the side, on this perfomance fully deserve a placing towards the bottom of the league.

Chertsey made it two during the second half, and always looked the more likely to find a goal. They weren't exactly playing that well, but clearly the better side.

17. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    30th September
    Aylesbury United 1 v 1 Bromley
    FA Cup

After missing out on making an FA Cup game yesterday, decided to go and see one of the Sunday fixtures. Due to problems dating from their previous chairman the club lost their ground so are currently tenants of Chesham United.

Chesham play at The Meadow, an appropriate name for the ground, fields (with a mound for the local kids to watch on) behind one of the goals. Bit frustrating on the way up though, getting caught behind someone insisting at driving incredibly slowly all the way from Beaconsfield (not pronounced as you might expect).

Bromley are currently managed by Mark Goldberg (ex Crystal Palace chairman), so quite possibly decent financial backing which has seem them rise up the divisions these past few years. Aylesbury going the other way.

Aylesbury play two divisions below Bromley, so little surprise that early on the away side had the best of the chances. Converted one after only 18 minutes, and seemed at the time to look for an easy win. Two substitutes before half time, forced by injuries, took effect on them though. Second half as a result was pretty dull.

The Aylesbury fans very vocally frustrated as their manager seemed reluctant to make a substiution, and I was pretty surprised myself as with one exception they didn't look like they could achieve anything. Out of the blue they did equalise, their one alert player latching on to a hoof upfield, rounding the Bromley keeper (otherwise on a quiet game) to score.

A slow finish ensued, expect more in a replay. Decent crowd though today.

18. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    Halifax Update

Drew 2-2 with Burton last night after being 2-0 up. The equaliser arriving in the 97th minute. The referee had only had four minutes up on the board, and by all accounts there wasn't anything in those four minutes to warrant those extra minutes (though he could have been justified in putting up those extra minutes in the first place).

This is now the third time this year we've thrown away a 2-0 lead, losing to York last game and allowing Altrincham back to level earlier in the season.

Coupled with a relatively large number of late goals (see the Rushden game I saw), means we've come very close to gaining a healthy number of points.

19. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    6th October
    Andover 4-2 AFC Hayes
    FA Trophy

Wanting a later start today, and having decided to only make one of the two Halifax games over the next few days I took a trip down to Andover for a Trophy premilinary round fixture. A trip to Kidderminster beating a trip to Cambridge (it's a nicer place).

After last weekends slow start, this was a good drive down, no hold ups at all on my way to the Portway. Now this is an industrial esate ground which rather impressively manages not to seem like one. Actually a nice setting, woods around two sides. A good, well equiped ground for this level, with a main stand which rises above the pitch thanks to a large banking (the site is a slope across the pitch).

Now in the first four or five games I ever went to see, late 80s to early 90s, I saw six goals in a game, including Oldham, Luton and Swindon all as top flight clubs. Not seen it since and having missed Maidenhead doing that all by themselves last week, expected a long wait for it to happen again.

The big surprise after this game was how on earth only six goals were scored, in a really entertaining game. Decent standard of play, in particular going forward.

Now Hayes are no relation to the Hayes who recently came within a couple of places of League football, but a recently renamed Brook House. A fact the announcer managed to get wrong on at least one occasion.

First fifteen minutes were pretty even, in terms of play at least as Andover raced into a 3-0 lead. Clinical finishing as opposed to the many corners Hayes could manage. A quick Hayes substitution replacing a defender for a winger and they were still in it. They pulled one back before half time, and really should have had another. Superb save, but the striker should have done better.

Straight after the break, Hayes hit the bar, bouncing down very close to the goal line (could possibly have been over). No goal and Andover promptly make it 4-1. It's soon 4-2 as Hayes didn't give up. They missed a couple of great chances.

The result only really became certain after Hayes hit the bar with about ten to fifteen minutes to play, and it really didn't look like they'd then get level as tiredness set in. Chances still at both ends, a Hayes striker missing a clear chance in injury time after being through on the keeper.

A very even game, six goals, two more disallowed, twice the wookwork hit and several more near misses. Could have been six apiece.

Great game and a credit to both sides, entertaining and on the whole not relying on blunders. Free kicks, corners and goals from open play. It's days and settings like this which make the game so good.

20. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    9th October
    Kidderminster 1-0 Halifax
    Conference

Back up to Aggborough then, one of the better grounds in the Conference. My third visit this year. We have a very good record of not playing well here either. After leading at half time in the first, a couple of blunders from our keeper sees a 3-1 defeat in the first.

The second was another 1-0 defeat. An own goal from our makeshift central defender. Playing with no recogised men in the middle, but six full backs, it was the stikerforce that let us down then.

Defence and keeper superb this evening. A pretty clean game with only one card. Unfortunately it's one of our midfielders and it's a straight red with 80 minutes to play. Not entirely sure what for, something off the ball? Missing our top scorers too, one injured, the other suspecded for elbowing someone at the weekend.

Having had very good chances to take 12 points from the previous four games, we've made three. This wasn't going to add to the tally.

Only goal came midway through the second half, another own goal. Still not disappointed with the defence and keeper though, they ept us in this one. Predictably poor upfront, new loan striker looked lost on his own.

We did manage to score in the end, with a few minutes left on the clock. Disallowed for a push. Not happy with that decision.

21. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    [​IMG]

Some good news for you Peakite. Just seen Rugby League Raw, showing highlights from the playoffs and the Chief Exec of Halifax RLFC Rob Hayes, said that Calderdale Council are confident of completing the East Stand at The Shay by the back end of next year, probably due to Halifax RL's decent financial position and hopes of getting into Super League within a few years. I don't know if thats officially been announced, but I was in the carpark to go to a function at The Weavers and it doesn't look too bad, the actual structure is sound anyway.

22. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    I've heard the stories before, and whilst that certainly looks more positive, I'm only really going to believe it when I see it. This is going to be another long season with too much looking over our shoulder, but hopefully next year can move on in the right direction for once.

Not liking the news from Northwich though. Currently playing Exeter, shortly to a final whistle which could be their last. £350,000 in debt and not looking great on an immediate takeover front. The sale of Drill Field and move out of town to Wincham and an industrial estate site they don't own could finish them off.

23. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    13th October
    Poole Town 6-0 New Milton Town
    Wessex Premier

Halifax didn't play today so I went down to visit Poole, and for the first time this season my attempts to head south down the M3/A31 weren't curtailed prematurely by traffic. Did a bit of circling about actually trying to find the ground though, one of the harder ones to find.

During the 50s and 60s Poole were a much better supported side, managing a couple of five figure home crowds. Having owned their own ground, losing this was the start of a downward spiral from where they are now on the road back. Hit a low point in 95/96 when they managed one point all season, and a goal difference of getting on for -200.

Currently playing on a school pitch. It's been fenced off and a makeshift stand down one side (I stood opposite this, where the players had been warming up). First ground where I've been that you need to keep a ticket with you in order to leave and get a cup of tea.

New Milton are currently on the way down too, formerly Lymington & New Milton, their players walked out last season, got relegated and aren't doing too well now. Poole top.

First fifteen minutes and Poole quickly 1 up, and really should have been more, but New Milton came back and had several chances on the break. Shortly after the interval Poole's top scorer (now 20 goals this season) chipped one over the keeper. That really ended this as a contest, providing the player with his only decent touch in the bargain (was poor today). Three more quickly followed.

The third another from outside the area, the fourth a tap in after a shot hit both posts and the fifth a penalty (for which the offender was sent off, but hadn't got round to walking off when the goal was scored). Sixth and final goal near the end should have been given offside, linesman flagged, ref overruled.

24. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    20th October
    Aldershot Town 1-0 Halifax
    Conference

A game ruined by what is easily the worst officiating I've seen all season. Two almost identical fouls, our player gets booked, their's doesn't even get a talking to. Ball to hand, penalty or play on depending on the side. Arm to face, nothing. Heard something, which the player is on record of having not said, at a time when it would be unlikely to say anything deserving of a card - off.

Great performance in the first half, should have made more of our chances. Tiring in the second (we're suffering from an injury crisis), conceeded a (legitimate) goal in the 95th minute, though why so many were added is known only to one man. Nothing worse than normal.

We do need to improve, but with a ref like this you don't stand a chance.

25. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    23rd October
    Witney United 2-4 Highworth Town
    Hellenic Premier

It's half term so I'm taking the chance to see a couple more games. Easy enough trip to Witney, a little to the west of Oxford. It's another new ground built out of town. Not too bad, though the main stand looks much better when stood next to it. Can't quite place it, but looks distinctly odd from across the ptich.

Friendly welcome, though no programme here, so little idea as to who was playing. Took long enough to open the refreshments room too.

Game itself didn't get off to a great start. Seemed to be rather too many players with the voice of Wayne Rooney and the playing skills of me. The home side had the majority of the play before the break, but didn't look too threatening, despite the Highworth keeper slipping up a few times.

Highworth got the first on a counter-attack and made it two before the interval with a dodgy penalty (even their own fans reckoned it wasn't). After half-time the game improved dramatically. Highworth made it 3-0, before Witney quickly got two back and were good value for an equaliser. Never did come. A second penalty (retaken after being saved, though was a clear penalty) made it 4-2 with 10 minutes to play. Witney still had plenty of chances, but couldn't take any. Tempers frayed a bit again too.

Couldn't understand why Witney didn't put someone behind the away goal in the second half. They weren't happy with the time it took the keeper to go over the barrier and through the long grass to find the ball, yet wouldn't do anything to get it done faster.

Also the linesman on the near side to me seemed to be sported a hairstyle which was a cross between a mullet and a perm. Decent guy who also thought players complained too much (several yellows for it too).

After going 13 years without seeing six goals in a game, this is the third time this month.