Halftime at the Allstar Match

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Ch(Elsey), Jul 7, 2005.

1. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fall Out Boy is an emo band that seems to be fairly popular, and Mustard Plug is a college or small-indy style punk/ska band from the 90s (IIRC like MXPX but smaller known)... who knows if they're still around.

2. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    mustard plug isnt punk. but thats all just semantics.

still... bowling for soup? i mean... they were crap 6 years ago, theyre crap now.

[​IMG]

are you serious? that was an SR71 song? thats ********ing pathetic. if youre ripping off songs from an absolutly awful band in the first place... although, isnt 1985 that song thats exactly like the song "stacys mom", only with different words?

and these fat ********s are doing halftime?

id rather watch them have a hot dog eating competition amongst themselves than to hear them play music...

3. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really? I just assumed that since a bunch of punk/ska friends of mine from middleschool/HS were into them. I can't say as I've ever heard their music. I've been exposed as a fraud!

OK, research time reveals they are "ska" and not "punk/ska", I guess... if you're curious: http://www.mustardplug.com/timeline.html

4. ripman88

ripman88 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Co lum bus
    if you're going to go Ska why not Reel Big Fish? They put on a great show the other night at Newport

5. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rock and Roll is Bitchin! Yeah-Yeah!

6. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5453883&postcount=25

There's a link to the video. If that's them, without the "aid" of fat suits, then they're quite large. And that one guy with eyeliner is just plain scary.

The ironic thing about the song is they sing about "music still on MTV" while that's the exact stuff that the MTV networks play.

7. ripman88

ripman88 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Co lum bus
    lol, They had a shirt a few years ago that called them "Fat Guy Rock"