Hale Announces New League

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by skipper60601, Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveCo

SteveCo Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would love to go on a five-star trip to the French Riviera next year, but unless I hit the Powerball jackpot, it's not going to happen. Sam won't be funding any teams out of his own pocket; it is a classic 'draw play'. Sam is hoping that the NY politicians will lower the worker compensation bills (good luck with that) and then Sam can recruit a new 'owner' to put up their money to fund a new team. Then Sam would get himself hired as President of the new team. That is a long shot at best.

2. SoccerMan25

SoccerMan25 Member

Jun 28, 2014
    It's time for you static, establishment MASL guys to give it a rest. The debate is settled and the IPL way of things came out on top, as predicted. The more You, Kenn, The Shelts, NSL2004 complain, it shows a certain level of bitterness to the fact that you got it wrong. Rehashing old debates seems small in the grand scheme of things, because now every franchise will be responsible for themselves, in a more legal way. That was the central disagreement that drove the strongest teams out of the MASL.

The governors all met and it was decided that change had to happen for the betterment of the game. It should have never come to that, but I don't see the IPL guys spiking the ball. All we're hearing are the MASL establishment guys voicing their dissatisfaction to positive change.

The MASL obviously saw a lot of value in trying to win back Baltimore, Harrisburg, St. Louis, while welcoming in Florida. WHY??? Would they do this if these teams were weak, with the potential to do more harm than good? We all know the answer.

VICTORY ED HALE

3. EnricoSharke

EnricoSharke Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's this, the MASL claimed to have NBA and NHL owners chomping at the bit to get in, and then folded?!?!?!?!?

4. Brian in Boston

Brian in Boston Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    MA & CA, USA
    #279 Brian in Boston, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    I can't speak for anyone else, but if you have me pegged for a "static, establishment MASL guy", you couldn't be more wrong. Frankly, I'm of the mind that indoor soccer at the professional level - MASL, IPL, whatever - is on its last legs. That its death-spiral has lasted as long as it has is, in my opinion, no indication of its potential to be revived. Rather, it's simply a sign that some professional sports owner wannabes are willing to market a marginal product to a rapidly-shrinking fan base.

It was also predicted that the IPL was going to boast franchises in Atlanta, Buffalo, Lehigh Valley, Portland (Maine), and Utica. It was predicted that AHL and NBA D-League and NHL and NBA owners were exploring the possibility of joining the ranks of IPL ownership. It was predicted that a Jeff Kraft-owned IPL franchise was going to set-up shop in Chicago. It was predicted that IPL editions of the Rochester Lancers and Wichita Wings were on their way back to the ranks of indoor soccer franchises. None of those predictions came to pass.

Bottom line? The posturing message-board experts citing "inside sources" were exposed as either rumor-mongering charlatans, or simple-minded sycophants willing to promulgate nonsense.

And what about all of the "facts" that the self-styled indoor soccer experts got wrong?

Look, there's no bitterness on my part. I simply want these so-called "experts" - the type who enjoy coming out here and trumpeting their so-called "facts" from so-called "inside sources" - to admit that they screwed-the-pooch. Either they're charlatans who made grandiose claims that they knew had no basis in truth, or they're easily-gulled dupes taken in by falsehoods. Either way, they should grow a pair and own up to the fact that they didn't know what the hell they were talking about.

Yes, because it is convenient for those who have been exposed as nothing more than rumor-mongers peddling wildly inaccurate speculation to deflect criticism of their nonsensical claims by painting those who call them out as being too focused on "small" issues "in the grand scheme of things".

Talk about "small in the grand scheme of things".

Every franchise being responsible for themselves ultimately means very little. The reality is that if the "rec center" teams are eventually packed off to their own lesser tier of competition, than the top-tier of this latest incarnation of professional indoor will likely dwindle to a 6-to-8-franchise circuit largely comprised of the usual suspects: Baltimore, Milwaukee, St. Louis, Harrisburg, etc.

Oh, and Edwin "Hissy-Fit" Hale will undoubtedly continue to pull his playground bully routine and threaten to "take his ball and go home" anytime league leadership doesn't agree to kow-tow to every demand he makes of them. That's Ed Hale's definition of "the betterment of the game" - him getting his way.

Why should IPL guys be "spiking the ball"? If they have half-a-brain between them, they should be thanking their lucky stars that their teams following Ed Hale's lead didn't result in them playing a 2016-17 IPL season that was a glorified 4-team round-robin.

Nonsense. You're hearing so-called "MASL establishment guys" calling out self-styled message-board indoor soccer experts for peddling easily-refuted falsehoods about the IPL over the past several months. You're hearing so-called "MASL establishment guys" identifying Ed Hale as the type of owner who has repeatedly proven himself willing to force what's left of professional indoor soccer to the brink in order to insure that he and his franchise get what they want.

Are you kidding me? What's left of professional indoor soccer is a dysfunctional wreck trying to stay afloat. The MASL leadership is just hoping to postpone the inevitable sinking.

Great. Ed Hale has bought professional indoor soccer one more year of running on fumes, desperately trying to convince what's left of its shrinking fan base - to say nothing of its executive leadership - that business-savvy, deep-pocketed owners are just waiting to sweep in and lead the sport back to the Promised Land. :rolleyes:

mjames1229 repped this.
  5. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so funny...fantastic on all fronts. :D

It's a bit, has to be, and the fact that we all don't see that and spend so much time hand wringing over these posts and such...at least with Lewis, you know it's not a bit, oh, it's definitely challenging, but Lewis is challenged. So is this sport as a professional option though!

6. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    This is what I don't get, the so called "experts" you keep referring to is really one or 2 people. One being Lewis, who takes rumors and hearsay from people working in the office and runs with it. He heard things from staff and Soccer Sam most likely, and thought they were on the level with him. Also it should be pointed out every 10 minutes someone on facebook was asking "any news Lewis?". While that doesn't give him a complete pass for being stubborn about it in the past when people told him his version wasn't going to come to fruition, part of the complaints people have against him were brought on by the people who use him (for whatever reason) as their inside news source.

7. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am unsure if you are responding to me directly about experts, but I will say that I will not put myself or Lewis as experts at indoor soccer...never. I have said I respect and double read about 8 posters on here tho, Lewis is one of them. Whether he is right or wrong, he is passionate and makes good chat!

cardshopmd repped this.
  8. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    You keep doing that thing.

You keep saying you were right, everyone else is wrong.

You keep saying everyone else is MASL establishment.

You were the one who was talking about how Ed Hale was going to ramp up the IPL, fill it to the rim with NBA and AHL owners.

You were the one who predicted plenty of teams across the nation funded by rich citizens of moral turpidtude

You are a sock puppet. That's it. Sorry little fella, unfortunately for you, the game is in such disrepair there is about 15 posters and 20 lurkers on this board. They all see right through your little "Ed-Bot" character.

9. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When it comes to SoccerMan25, remember...

[​IMG]

DallasHammster repped this.
  10. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First off I have posted what I was asked to post. I am far from an expert on the MASL/IPL. It's not a big secret that I have a lot of friends in the MASL, You can see me at every Blast Game by the player entrance to the floor taking photos.If you come to the game you will see me talking with the owners and the players that know me. I must be liked for Players to hand me their game jerseys and thank me for the photos

Including owners and yes Me & Sam are good friends. What you guys forget is every hour something changes.. Atlanta did not come in this year because they are not thrilled with how the MASL operates So they will see how things are ran this year and then they will decide if they will Pay the $100,000 Expansion fee the MASL wants.

SteveCo repped this.
  11. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only thing indoor soccer related I would say I am a true expert on in the Bobbleheads. Since I am the only person to have the entire collection of them. But I was made and offer for them recently and I have decided to sell them.

12. Brian in Boston

Brian in Boston Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    MA & CA, USA
    What you posted was rumor, innuendo and supposition that anyone with half a brain would have recognized as such and refused to pass on.

Yes, that's been borne out by the quality of the "inside info" you've shared in this forum over the years.

Friends who have fed you no shortage of crackpot rumors that you've rushed to share in this forum, among others.

One thing that remains the same - hour to hour, day to day, month to month, year to year - is that your purported scoops from "inside sources" are, far more often than not, ultimately proven to be wrong.

And what of the IPL franchises supposedly destined for Buffalo, Lehigh Valley, Portland (Maine), and Utica? What of the Jeff Kraft-owned IPL franchise that was supposedly going to set-up shop in Chicago? What of the return of the Rochester Lancers and Wichita Wings to the pro indoor soccer ranks as IPL franchises? What of the AHL and NBA D-League and NHL and NBA owners who were supposedly poised to either obtain IPL franchises, or arrange sweetheart arena lease deals for IPL teams in their buildings?

Your so-called "friends" fed you numerous lines of bullshit, Lewis. And you were gullible enough to actually swallow their nonsense. Either that, or you elected to pass on what you knew to be far-fetched, pie-in-the-sky rumors in an effort to remain in the good graces of your "friends", while simultaneously flaunting to this community the so-called knowledge your friendships garnered for you.

Bottom line? You've allowed yourself to become a mouthpiece for the stooges who pass as the so-called leadership of pro indoor soccer today.

13. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    It was nothing but propaganda, but the worst part is he still believes it was true today.

14. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Nah wasn't directed at you Joey, was more in reference to Brian in Boston's 10 million posts about the supposed "greatness" of the IPL. He keeps saying "what about..." when 90% of the things promised weren't by the IPL themselves, but by some guy on a message board who was constantly hounded about information and made bad judgement in passing along info fed to him by people he felt he could trust (maybe he can) during a situation that was rapidly changing daily.

If I was told by the director of six flags they planned on building the biggest roller coaster in the world, and then I told people about it and things changed and it didn't come to fruition, was I purposely deceiving or trying to troll? Or was I just given info from insiders and things changed? The hate on for Lewis is just surprising when deep down everyone knows he was told this by people he trusted and simply believed them... especially considering everyone knows the "them" are actually connected with the Blast/IPL side. He wasn't just pulling this stuff out of his ass even though he eventually was (usually is) wrong.

SteveCo repped this.
  15. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT

cardshopmd, - ask yourself this....what reason does someone have to "ask" you to post something.

The players are all millennials and can use a computer, the owners have acquired enough wealth to have the time to figure out how to use the world wide Web. I mean why would someone ask you to post something???? I mean really.

Aside from random people asking you to post things online I am also sure (because I've seen it on here with my own two eyes) you have a very good ability to hear innocuous comments and run with them.

PLAYER 1 - What did eat for dinner today
    PLAYER 2- Some sushi
    PLAYER 1- I had sushi when I went to Tokyo

Cardshopmd races to computer "MASL is getting an expansion team in Tokyo" is the next post.

You love the game and I think you are a good fan, you're knowledgeable about the on field product and a good member of the board because you add to the discussion.

But you also have say everything with such absolute biblical certaintude that people (initially) think you must have researched your topic. After a while your posts about future events are just met with other people shaking their collective heads while you guess at stuff.

16. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To my knowledge, Six Flags has always built new coasters when they say they're going to do so. On the other hand, indoor soccer officials often don't deliver on expansion team promises. I think Lewis ought to have been more suspicious of what the was being told.

17. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who was asking you to post stuff? And aren't you a bit upset aboiut being used as a dupe?

18. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    EnricoSharke, NSL2004 and Scooge repped this.
  19. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beau Dure, MLSinCleveland and NSL2004 repped this.
  20. lmccluer

lmccluer Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Now don't forget they went to Baltimore to personally beg him to come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In a phone interview after the announcement, Schaub detailed plans for a two-tier league system—with the lower league serving as something of a minor league for the top tier—beginning in the 2017-2018 season, an expansion that would get the indoor game in more cities.

He also pointed to a more centralized, collaborative marketing plan, like those used in the major sports leagues and various minor leagues.

Those changes helped start the conversation about bringing the IPL teams back into the fold—talks that, according to Blast team president Kevin Healey, started heating up in August.