Hale Announces New League

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by skipper60601, Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    During an interview at haltime of the Comets-Blast game, Ed Hale announced that he is forming a new indoor soccer league that the Blast and St. Louis Ambush will play in. According to Hale, the league has 11 teams, mostly in the Northeast, with some in the Midwest and one in Florida. Hale also stated that some AHL owners will own teams in his new league. Hale further stated that he dislikes many MASL owners, including the Comets owners.

SteveCo repped this.
  2. SteveCo

SteveCo Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had heard a rumor that an owner of an existing team will pilot the new Florida team. I will follow up and see if I can get any actual confirmation but this rumor of Hale's new league fits with what I was told.

Anubis repped this.
  3. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    April 1 already?

KidFlash and SteveCo repped this.
  4. firesting81

firesting81 Member+

Jan 16, 2001
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
  5. SteveCo

SteveCo Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hale talks a lot - he has been talking about his own league for quite a while now. Talk is cheap, but with the current state of indoor soccer, we can't totally dismiss it either. As Terrell Owens once said, get your popcorn ready.

6. Anubis

Anubis Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    It'd be funny watching someone shoot himself in the foot like this if it wasn't such a huge step back for some real indoor soccer growth. I wouldn't take it as a great sign for his side that the best team that he can rep is St. Louis. They are doing good with attendance but skill wise they are pretty far down the list.

SteveCo and NSL2004 repped this.
  7. IL Kicks

IL Kicks Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    May we assume that the Comets won't be part of Ed's new venture? How will St. Louis like that given they are cross state rivals?

8. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He can just conjure up 11 teams out of thin air? (Or nine, as Baltimore and St. Louis currently exist.)

Cannot wait to see who these nine other investors are.

wellington, SteveCo and Anubis repped this.
  9. CaptSteamer

CaptSteamer Member

Nov 8, 2006
    St.Louis
    I hope this is just a stupid rumor, despite the flaws of the MASL, this was the best thing to happen for indoor soccer in the USA. Two separate leagues would be a huge mistake. Maybe Hale is trying to bring back the XSL version 2.0 ?

SteveCo repped this.
  10. Anubis

Anubis Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    It's going to be a whole new model! It'll be Baltimore, St. Louis and 9 other teams all named "Washington Generals."

11. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The eagle has landed . I thought you all would like the E-Leagu E-League.jpg e

12. Anubis

Anubis Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I doubt that's real since a google image search took me to a graphics rendering company showing generic example logos but I want to believe. Mostly because "E-League" is apparently an already established Counter-Strike (video game) league. I mean they already have a TV contract with TBS, so maybe Hale would see it as a step up!

13. Mustang2016

Mustang2016 Member

Oct 20, 2012
    It seems as though the halftime interview has been edited out of the video on Go Live.

14. mng146

mng146 Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    It was edited out. From what I’ve read elsewhere, Hale was his usual brutally honest self in the interview. Apparently, the words "F... this single entity crap" were uttered, among other things. I haven’t seen the video or a transcript of what he said, but I'm sure he didn't pull any punches.

The tentative name of Hale’s new league is IPL (indoor professional league). He’s not happy with the setup of the MASL being single entity. There were supposedly promises made to change the league to a franchise system, among other things, which weren’t being followed through on. Hale doesn’t want to be responsible and/or liable for organizations other than his own in single entity, and I certainly can’t blame him for that, especially when you’re propping up teams playing in rec centers. He also doesn’t get along well with a lot of other owners in the MASL (shocking, I know!).

The adventures of indoor Soccer continue. Get'cha popcorn ready!

15. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The E- League was a joke because everyone said call it the ED Hale league .

16. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well he did infact start a corporation called the Indoor Professional League this is the file # 5734602 just in case it does not show up when you click the link, so clearly this is REAL , and not some ploy ... This was not supposed to even get out , But clearly he has had enough.

https://icis.corp.delaware.gov/Ecorp/EntitySearch/NameSearch.aspx

17. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CYPivuAW8AEBcrj.jpg
    He did start a corporation called the Indoor Professional League this is the file # 5734602 in case it does not show

https://icis.corp.delaware.gov/Ecorp/EntitySearch/NameSearch.aspx

Below is the team logo that will be in Florida they are also on twitter
    https://twitter.com/fltropicssc

SteveCo and Anubis repped this.
  18. Anubis

Anubis Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    #18 Anubis, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    Ahh, wooosh on my part then.

Wow, lots of spam-tastic auto following they got going there. But found this burried in there: http://www.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=77f3593d36f606f2&from=serp which indicates they will play at the Lakeland Civic Center, pretty much in between Tampa and Orlando.

So, Central Florida Sports Ventures, LLC is the managing company. http://cflsportsventures.com/ CEO/Owner Andrew Haines is listed, who many of you will remember is the CEO/GM of the Ambush.

So, he's going to own 2 teams in the league then? That feels like a Cleveland Spiders moment just waiting to happen.

MLSinCleveland and SteveCo repped this.
  19. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    So clearly, Ed Hale talks A LOT to the media and very little happens. Remember last year when the Blast left the MASL and Ed started a new league???

https://indoorsoccernet.wordpress.com/2015/05/02/masl-shakeup-coming/

But THIS is real and not some ploy... Yeah, right. :confused:

SteveCo and kenntomasch repped this.
  20. wellington

wellington Member

Jun 4, 1999
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    Charlotte
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not too surprising that Haines is involved with this newest venture. He loves this kind of stuff.

MLSinCleveland repped this.
  21. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait, ED HALE is pissed that someone made a promise and didn't follow through on it?

The Chicago Riot's players would like a word with him.

The man has no honor. None.

22. Anubis

Anubis Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Funny you should say that, in trying to find some more info on all this I found his vanity (he commissioned it's writing and small publication) biography. http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-bz-halestorm-book-20141107-story.html I don't usually poke too much at people's personal lives, but you'd think a book that he helped write would be able to make him come out looking better than me in a speedo. (not pretty at all) In any event he put it out there himself so he must not mind.

There's a lot there in that summary but I think the biggest :confused: to me is the 18 separate affairs during a 22 year marriage then being mad and vindictive about getting taken to the cleaners.

We now return you to your irregularly scheduled league restructuring....

23. wlamar3

wlamar3 Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Harrisburg
    They have a website that says, coming soon. The logo is up, the same generic already used, just different colors.
    http://indoorproleague.com/

24. mng146

mng146 Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    You won't get any argument from me about his lack of honor. The video of his interview was no doubt pulled at league request, and I was going on hearsay from others who said they saw it live. Speaking of his lack of honor, do you think his doing that interview at a Missouri road game was a coincidence? :whistling:

25. UIWWildthing

UIWWildthing Member

Mar 18, 2014
    All I want is to be able to take my kids to go see the Blast play. End the stupid drama.

KidFlash, SteveCo and Beau Dure repped this.