Haitian NT to play 3 games before Digicel Cup; Panama, Bahamas, Guadeloupe

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by bana2166, Oct 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bana2166

bana2166 Member

Feb 5, 2000
    Jamaica Hills-NYCity
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    According to Haitian Radio Galaxie, the Haitian National team will try to play 3 games before the CONCACF Digicel Cup tournament in Martinique.

Our Haitian NT will try to play against Guadeloupe since they beat Martinique 4:0 and will ask Panama for a friendly game around October 23th or 25th.

Haiti NT already had a game schedule against Bahamas on 29th.

2. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    setting up friendlies with Guadeloupe and Panama are some smart decisions from the FHF. Especially since Panama will be meeting Cuba in a friendly soon in Panama City. Also since Guadeloupe beat Martinique 4:0 in their Digicel Caribbean Cup first round group.

3. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Any updates about these matches ?

4. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Does the FHF have any plan to hire a foreign coach for the NT? All our potential opponents are looking for the best coaches in the world. Shouldn't we be doing the same?

In the last WCQ, Cuba had to play Costa Rica in the first 'knock-out' round. The same can happen to us in the next WCQ. We may have to play the likes of Jamaica, Cuba, TnT, and even Honduras or Costa Rica in our very first match. So, we need to be very very very prepared if we want to book our ticket to go see Aristide in South Africa. You know, learning a little zulu won't hurt.

5. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    In order to hire a top foreign coach, you need money, something Haiti doesn't have.

6. cuban19

cuban19 New Member

Sep 4, 2006
    The Cuban national team traveled to Haiti this morning to play two friendlies
    with the Haitian counterpart next week,dates and time of the games to be announced.

7. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Sorry but that ticket to South Africa is not going to happen for you Haitians;)

You'd have to get by Jamaica and Trinidad & Tobago which will never happen because you ALWAYS bow out to the small teams in the Caribbean:D

8. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    Thx cuban19,

Cuba - Haiti 17.10.2006 Stade Sylvio Cator
    Port-au-Prince, Haiti

Cuba - Haiti 19.10.2006 Parc Saint Victor
    Cap-Haïtien, Haiti

9. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    You must be kidding. It's been more than 3 years since Haiti last lost to a 'small team' (St-Lucia, which we just beat 7-1). On the opposite, both your teams lost several times to minnows within the last 12 months. The most recent defeat is a 2-1 loss to SVG at home! TnT was beaten by both SKN and SVG as recently as last year. You're definitely kidding.:eek:

10. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    For your information, Trinidad & Tobago beat both St.Kitts and St.Vincent in the 2006 World Cup Qualifiers. Just to be clear.

11. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    You can't fault him for wanting his NT to do well. That is absolutely normal.
    Plus, Haiti seems to be on the right track when it comes to games as of late.
    I am a huge fan of Caribbean soccer, and Jamaica hasn't really done much in the last few years for your to imply that Ja. is better than Haiti right now.

Metro

12. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    We are talking about losing to 'small teams', not head to head record against those teams. Of course TnT and Jamaica beat those so-called small teams very often. Isn't that the most natural thing?

However, Jamaica just lost to a 'small team' and last year TnT lost to SVG and Antigua (Sorry about SKN. TnT did not lose to St Kitts). Haiti last lost to those 'small teams' in 2003! Thus, Warlord's post targets the wrong team:)

13. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    Cuba - Haiti friendly today at Stade Sylvio Cator in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. I think the match will be covered on galaxie (online Haitian radio station) in Creole

[​IMG]
    Cuban National Team, Digicel Caribbean Cup action

Coach Marcelin's squad will be without their international players so the roster will mostly consist of Première Division players. Expect to see; Gabart Fénélon (Racing Club Haïtien), Bruny Pierre Richard (Don Bosco), Jemps Dorcelus (Victory), Jean Sony Alcénat(Tiga) (ASC), Mones Chery (Racing Club Haïtien), Fritson Jean Baptiste (Aigle Noir), Kimberly François (Roulado), Alexandre Boucicaut (Violette Athletic Club), Alain Vuibert (Baltimore SC), Ednerson Raymond (Baltimore SC), Pierre-Roland St-Jean (Baltimore SC), Éliphène Cadet (ASC), Peter Germain (Baltimore SC), James Saint-Cyr (Don Bosco), James Chaperon (Victory), Frantzy Montrévil (Zénith)

[​IMG]
    Haitian National Team, Digicel Caribbean Cup action

14. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    the game just started, it is being covered by radiogalaxiehaiti.com

the game ended in a 0-0 draw, the second leg will be played on thursday at Parc Saint Victor
    in Cap-Haïtien, Haiti

15. cuban19

cuban19 New Member

Sep 4, 2006
    How was the game?
    Who played better?

16. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    I have the upmost respect for both Haiti and Cuba and I expect them to have the same for T&T. Sadly the words respect and Trinidad and Tobago are hardly found in the same sentence. I thought we fixed that. We will have to fix that.

17. ScouseBill

ScouseBill New Member

Oct 3, 2006
    I presume a 0-0 draw is a decent result for Haiti isn't it... After the big climb up the FIFA rankings to play a team ranked 15 places above and still get a draw is showing that the team is going in the right drection...

18. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    Haiti (FHF) and Cuba (AFC), as far as i know, have no problems with Trinidad & Tobago (TTFF). The problem is Warner, the random changes he makes to CFU competitions makes the Caribbean look like a laughing stock. That and the fact that sum teams believe sum of the changes he has made in the past were to benefit his country, but dat's sumthin i was wondering afta seeing that the Caribbean Nations Cup second round groups were changed and that Cuba and Haiti were placed in the same group to be hosted in Martinique. As CFU futbol fans, all we need are for the competitions to be fair.

19. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    I wish i could get a dollar every time jack warner's name and T&T football were said in the same dissmissive way. What u said right there is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Your saying that if we didnt have jack warner fixing groups for us we would never win. Don't try to sugar coat it or use euphamisims. Thats bull.. and u know it. Jack Warner has been hurting us more than helping us by maintaining that thought with his last minutes rearranging of tornaments. Do u think we the fans, or the socawarriors themselves want this. No, we want to play the best opposition and beat them badly fairly. When is the digicel final round.. .soon I hope... cuz all this crap and the bull.. new fifa rankings has made me mad and Im sure its made Stern, Carlos, Dwight, Chris, Brent and the rest of the soca warriors fuming :mad: But I know even if we win the thing we'll start hearing oh.. but it was in Trinidad_______________ <= fill in the rest.

20. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    Cuba won the second leg 1-0 through a penalty shot

21. Izzy

Izzy New Member

May 4, 2004
    this is a crap man. it's about time Haiti! come on.......... thanks anyway for the info FlashEp

22. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Well, at least we know we will need our international players to win the Digicel cup. We cannot go to TnT with the current team.

Cuba and TnT are the teams we need to beat in the digicel cup if we want to climb up the ranking system. They're ranked higher than us.

23. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    a update on the friendly matches before next round in Digicel Cup ?

24. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    sry u guys, i must've not understood what was happening completely while the radio was covering the yesterday's game. It was Haiti that missed a penalty shot late in the game that would've tied it up. Wow i knew these teams are familiar with each other but DAMN! In the first game both teams had alot of chances but the otha squad were able to build a quick counter attack. When these 2 squads meet in Martinique that will be a Caribbean showdown.

25. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    FYI, the Soca warriors just finish Killing St Vincent 5-0, and yea the Reggaeboyz lost 1-2 to St Vincent but we win in WCQ when it counts!;)

Can you say the same for your ghetto infested nation in WCQ?:D