Haiti 1974 World Cup

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by sanon74, Sep 18, 2010.

1. sanon74

sanon74 Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hi,

I'm currently writing a blog on Haiti's brilliant 1974 World Cup team. It can be found at www.haiti1974.blogspot.com

Cheers

Greg

2. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Any chance you could change the background color to white or a more neutral color like white. I enjoyed reading it, learned a lot but that blue doesn't work for my eyes after a couple paragraphs.

3. sanon74

sanon74 Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hi,

Thanks for your comments. I've just changed the background to white, so hopefully this is better.

Cheers

Greg

4. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Thank you I also enjoyed you Cameroon 1982 World cup blog any chances you have others out there or more are coming?

5. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    It always cracks me up how Haiti was really screwed...but hey I don't mind. :p By the way, I've always been curious to see that goal by Monge in the third match in Jamaica. Found out recently there is actually footage of this game out there and hopefully someone puts it out somewhere in the future.

6. sanon74

sanon74 Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thanks for your kind comments Slaminsams. Not planning any new blogs at the moment, but constantly trying to find new info for my three existing ones. I've added a lot to the Haiti one recently, but because I'm just adding to the one existing post, it looks like I've done nothing for months!

7. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Good job mon ami,

but Sanon signed for Beerschot VAC, not for Germinal Beerschot

(Germinal BeerschotAntwerp, better known as GBA was a team founded in 1999, the fusion of Beerschot and Germinal Ekeren)

8. sanon74

sanon74 Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Many thanks for that. I've just changed it on my blog. What a great player he was!

1 person likes this.
  9. sanon74

sanon74 Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hi,

I have made some updates to my blog on the great Haitian World Cup team of 1974 (even though the date at the top of it suggests otherwise!) It can be found at www.haiti1974.blogspot.com

Thanks

Greg

10. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Bon travail mon ami ;)

11. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    I'm just bumping this to congratulate sanon74 on the good work. Nice article, and what an adventure for the Haitian team which had good, bad, and ugly moments.

12. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Yes, all respect for Sanon74

13. sanon74

sanon74 Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thank you both for your kind comments about my article. How amazing it would be if, forty years later, we could qualify for the World Cup again

14. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Ayiti qualifying for the 2012 WC could raise interest for soccer in the Dom Rep, so I am in ;)

15. Kick The Ball

Kick The Ball Member

Jun 13, 2001
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Trinidad was cheated in Haiti in 1973.

All of those goals could not have been offside, T&T scored 5 goals and the ref dissallowed 4, Haiti eventually won the game 2-1 and went to the 1974 WC.

So tell me this, why was the El Salvadorian referee ban for life after the game ?

They also have to thank T&T for beating Mexico 4-0 that helped Haiti's qualification.

16. sanon74

sanon74 Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC