Hair today...gone tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Iran' started by buggy, Oct 29, 2004.

1. buggy

buggy New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    i was just wondering what y'all thought about this new ban in Iran football on ponytails, headbands, trendy beards, etc... but slightly long hair is ok?

2. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The hardliners can suck a bigone and die a painful death... next!

3. buggy

buggy New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    lol, well i guess you're not a supporter of the ban....!
    here's another question -- why now? did something happen with a certain player? is there some sort of political wave washing over Iranian football right now? the timing of this is the most confusing to me.

4. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    The ban was on Korean news also.

Why now? I want to know, too. BUT more importantly, IR needs to get with 21st century.

5. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    There is no sush ban on long hair. The "ban" is limited to two players in IPL who were wearing long pony tails making them look like Tom Cruise in the Last Samurai...IFF is particurly unhappy about one of these players named Ansarian whose uncle is a religious leader. Otherwise, none of the Iranian players are gonna change their hair styles. Trust me on this!

6. buggy

buggy New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    ah-ha.... so I guess it was caused more or less by one player-ish... I thought so, otherwise the timing was weird to me.

Tom Cruise in the Last Samurai--- hmmmm... it would be funny if he actually got it shaved on top like we see in the japanese historical dramas... ;)

what about coloring the hair? is that an unspoken no-no as well?

come to think of it, in asia I don't think we see a lot of really noticeable hair coloring, except for japan.

7. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    ... and Korea. Such hair coloring stands out on TV broadcasting of soccer games. So, besides making an obvious fashion statement, it may be a ploy for players to be noticed by by wider TV audience.

8. buggy

buggy New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    sports are entertainment first of all (though some may argue it's more like a religion!)... so I actually support whatever they choose to do with their heads. Especially in east asian countries, where the people are known to be such conformists and the population is visually not as diverse as the americas or europe. It's shallow, but for pure entertainment value, it's ok by me. And for people not familiar with the team or the opposing team, it's helpful to get a grasp quickly of who's who without reading the numbers everytime.

I get the feeling you don't agree though... ??

9. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    I could care less what hair color someone has. All I really care is if the player can play or not, does his best or not, etc..

10. Miss Porto

Miss Porto New Member

Oct 15, 2004
    NO big difference !

11. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Advantages of having long hair in soccer ;):D

[​IMG]

12. SF Gooner

SF Gooner New Member

Apr 21, 2004
    tri state stunna

All those ********ing old farts can do is ban things. That's their whole day. "um.. let me see what's on my agenda today?" "um...oh yes, to ban things."

well hopefully soon enough they will have run out of everything to ban and all that will be left is themselves. That would be sweet. 'I ban myself!'

13. buggy

buggy New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    lol