Hahnemann: Reading vs. Burnley, 8/27 3p (R)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by BuffloSoldier, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Triggerfish

Triggerfish New Member

Apr 2, 2001
    Jozi
    Have to confess that I was looking at that last shot (in which you can see a fair bit of the stadium) and wondering what it would be like to go to an MLS game in a place like that...looks very nice.

2. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Typically half of the crowd sits on one side, carrying on the tradition from Reading's old ground where the side had the only covered standing, with both ends being open. The top (empty) tier opposite is very expensive with tickets costing £24 (about $35) if not bought in advance.

Good to see Marcus back in the team. Got an assist last night and I'm sure one day he's going to score - he'll chip the keeper from 100 yards. Burnley were so poor that he could have read a book or popped into the crowd for a chat if he'd felt like it. Reading's needless unforced errors were a tactical ploy to lure Burnley into a false sense of security.

3. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    one thing i liked about the Medejski is that tickets are only £13 if you have a student ID.

4. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks for the pics. Man, he does look like an american giant.

He wasn't challenged much, but it's reading's first clean sheet of the year, and the assist reconfims pardews assessment of ``best offensive keeper outside the premiership,'' so this game should see him in the lineup for a long while (whitehead hadn't been bad, but hadn't been good).