Haaland- One last chance

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Eyal Berkovic, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Eyal Berkovic

Eyal Berkovic New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Manchester
    ALFIE Haaland is ready to make one last push to save his Manchester City career.

The former Blues skipper is battling to get his injured left knee in shape and admits the next fortnight will be critical.

Despite not having featured in a match since January 5, 2002, the 30-year-old Norwegian has not abandoned hope of resurrecting a glittering career forged at Forest, Leeds and City.

"I have been training and the plan is simply to see how it goes," he said today.

"I am stepping things up gradually and the next two weeks will be vital. People ask me if they think I will play again and I don't know the answer but if I didn't think it was possible I would have packed it in and not gone to the trouble of working so hard.

"I am kicking the ball gently but need to step that up before the rest of the lads return for pre-season. It is still a bit early to say what may or may not happen but I certainly have not given up hope."

Haaland was in a similar situation a year ago when he entered pre-season with a question mark hanging over his fitness. He made four brief appearances as a substitute totaling 48 minutes in City's run to the First Division title.

It is more than two years since he started a game but he refuses to accept defeat.

"I cannot give up until every avenue has been explored and I have given myself the best possible chance to play again," he said.

"The knee has been OK with what I have done so far alongside physio Rob Harris and I have been following a fresh treatment plan so only time will tell."

City, too, are prepared to watch and wait for a conclusion to Haaland's fitness .

They served the Norway World Cup star with six months' notice in January, even though he still had 18 months left on his contract. Around the same time the Blues announced that they would not sue Roy Keane or United over the horror tackle on Haaland in April 2001.

2. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I certainly hope he is able to come back, but I won't be shocked if he doesn't.

BTW, that looked an article quoted in full, which is not OK.

3. Haaland Deserved It

Haaland Deserved It New Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Keano is God
    I hope alfie never walks again, let alone plays

LONG LIVE ROY KEANE!!!!

4. Dune

Dune Member

Feb 10, 1999
    How pathetic can you get...:rolleyes:

5. Haaland Deserved It

Haaland Deserved It New Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Keano is God
    i know.. alfie haaland is pretty pathetic

6. bobbard

bobbard New Member

Jul 10, 2003
    Frederick, MD

You see this is the reason why you should never support Man Utd. You rintellect goes way down and you have to argue using child tactics. This includes mimicking, twisting words and acting ignorant. Ok so the last one is not an act.

I would like to see Alfie take Mr Roy 'I cannot play so I try to get sent off as soon as possible' Keane to court and take that smirk off all Utd fans faces.

7. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's called a troll people. The best response is usually none at all.

Either that, or Roy "the Animal" Keane signed up on BigSoccer. There's certainly the awe-inspiring stupidity in common.

8. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh dear.

I don't even like this guy, I wish he'd jump off the bandwagon.

Very sorry about Foe as well. Cheers.

9. Desigol

Desigol New Member

Jan 17, 2003
    County Tyrone, NI
    Yeah. Such a User Name is deliberately provocative! Footballers should be encouraged to recover from their injuries.

10. giggs88

giggs88 Member

May 11, 2003
    Virginia
    very true. wat roy did was wrong, and to write about was even more bad. it was a tackle that could have ended a players career. this guy is should change his username or something, about 70 posts and already hated really bad. dont bother showing up in the world rivalries section .. they're going to bash you up.