Review: gustavo pinedo playig for blooming

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by NotAgain, Apr 22, 2011.

1. NotAgain

NotAgain Member

Jan 31, 2011
    I had the chance to watch the game last night between Blooming vs Boliviar... and towards the end of the game, i heard Pinedo is coming into the game...

I knew this kid was abroad for a while, but whatever happen to him. Just wondering if anyone could shine some light on this kid. gratz in advance.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqc2I39XOdk"]YouTube - Fiebre Maldini - Reportaje de Gustavo Pinedo[/ame]

2. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well how did he do in the game?

3. NotAgain

NotAgain Member

Jan 31, 2011
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvcVLhAiBh0"]YouTube - Blooming 2 - 0 Bolivar[/ame]

He entered towards the end of the game and he did good. He was fouled from behind inside the box, a penalty called and Blooming won it by 2-0. I hope he gets more minutes tho.

on a side note: Gota Gorda did well... they need to put gota gorda on a HGC Diet.

4. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    NotAgain,
    I dont know how much you know but i'll start as early as i can on Pinedo.
    He moved to Cadiz were there was high hopes for him, however he was plagued by ankle injuries. He was loaned out to Xerez where not much happened there. He then moved to Chernomorets Odessa where he had some good games but again plagued by injuries towards his last season he played alongside Mauricio Saucedo where Saucedo def outshined him scorring several goals. That season, which was last year thats when both Saucedo and Pinedo came back to Bolivia.

I think for Pinedo the talent was there but due to all the injuries he was never able to stablish himself as a starter. He's a nice kid though, as down toearth as they get.

5. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    He did well with the sub 20's last year. Definitely one of the better players on the team. I didn't think of him as a very good poacher, but he is talented on the ball and had very respectable speed. He got in alot of shots, but it seemed many of his shots or break aways didn't go on target. But that was last year.

If the forward position doesn't work out for him, hopefully he'll consider becoming a flank player or defense. He's strong, and talented, so we can use a player like that on the flanks or D. Not enough players in Bolivia with his qualities.

6. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    when he played for CHernomorets he played on the flanks. if I'm not mistaking in the lone game I saw him playing with Saucedo, Saucedo was playing the left forward position and Gustavo was in the middle behind the right forward. I do think that is a good position for him as far as disruptingplays. He is very fast but his biggest problem has been the injuries.

7. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    That and his inability to get an euro passport. It was a large contributing factor to him not being pushed up tot he first team in spain.

8. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Injuries suck.

Sucks more when they keep happening. Feeling really bad for Pinedo. This experience is definitely humbling him; not that he needs more humbling considering his upbringing and all. Hope he has the gas to push forward and become that star player many thought he could be.