News: Gulati gives Klinsmann the "vote of confidence"

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by West Coast Futbol, Nov 15, 2015.

1. West Coast Futbol

May 7, 2008
    The Beach
    When the boss believes it is necessary to discuss a subordinates qualifications to continuing in the press, in my opinion, change is coming soon and sooner than the subordinate thinks.

My reaction:

1. USMNT continues to set attendance records from the big to small stadiums indicating to me across the board more interest in USMNT; the team (90%), the coach 9.9999%) and the president of the federation all the rest.
    2. Gulati appears to play by the FIFA rules while at the same time FIFA doesn't respect its own rules. What the heck, Gulati is going interview a 5 FIFA approved candidates. Is he kidding? So is Gulati the right person for the role he is tasked with? IMO, we need a winner and Gulati is not the person.
    3. No person should lead the USMNT through 2 complete WC cycles and I like JK, the style and the results.

IMO Gulati should and teach some more and the new guy should review JK and determine the next step.

2. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What the hell are you referring to? Is there a link to an article that you haven't posted or something?

Midas Mulligan repped this.
  3. beamish

beamish Member+

Jul 6, 2009
    Klinsmann Gets a Conditional Vote of Confidence

"We expect to qualify. We expect Juergen to be the coach. But I don't think anyone can honestly say, 'Regardless of what happens, this is what we're going to do.' It's unrealistic," said Gulati, who has met three times with Klinsmann over the last four weeks, the final meeting last month in Washington lasting more than two hours. "No one has got that kind of job security. Not me … not the players."​

Midas Mulligan repped this.