Guillermo "el pando" Ramirez to KC????

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Guatefc, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So has anyone from the FO confirmed or denied the possible transfer of either one of these players? Hey Mr. Luder here is some info that needs some research. How about some new, news instead of waiting 5 days after stuff comes out to write about it.

2. Avi_Aimar

Avi_Aimar New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    No, no project players

So what is exactly wrong with having, if true, "Pando" and "Loco"? Some, well one, says they are project players but how can they be if between them they have expeience playing in Greece, Mexico, USL-1, and MLS? Doesn't that count for something? Pando was always a center midfielder and went to the left right before he came to the Galaxy. In Chiapas Jaguares, he played center, right and left.

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: No, no project players

What's wrong? Well the fact that neither has done well in MLS.

Here are their combined stats from their time in MLS
    43 games played
    2 goals
    2 assists
    1 playoff appearance
    1 playoff goal
    nothing earth shattering, heck Ryan Pore a back up for the Wizards has more league goals then those 2 have combined in only 27 games.

Plus I he's definitly not worth the $270K transfer fee the article suggests.

4. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Count me as a Pando skeptic. First of all, he has played left in Guatamala. IIRC, the CAM for Guatamala and Municipal was another guy (Romario??). He was a little older and so might not be there any more. Pando has played left mid for Municipal and also left mid and a two-way/ holding midfielder for Guatamala.

He shows a lot of class and determination on the ball, but somehow his game never clicked in MLS. I think part of it has to do with the styles of the leagues. MLS defenders and midfielders will be in your face quickly giving you less time to do things with the ball. Also, keepers are just better here and so shots that might have worked in Guatamala get saved.

He can play in this league - he has skills. But just don't expect him to be a goalscorer.

5. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Hate to make a cynical comment, as I know on the field concerns are first, but I wonder if the concentration on Guatemala, Argentina etc is partly driven by the stated need to better connect with the hispanic communities in town.

I'm not sure Guatemalan caps are going to cause all the Mexican fans to rush to Arrowhead, but having a couple native Spanish speaking players wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

6. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    he played Left center midfielder in a flat 4 midfield line, the CAM was Gonzalo Romero, who was decent and excellent passer , but he lacked fast descion making,plus his age. moving pando back to the Center mid , in municipal Freddy Garcia plays left midfield.

btw mario rodriguez scored today USA FUTBOL:D

7. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    But by bringing in the Spanish speaking Onalfo for Gansler, don't we risk alienating KC's big German community?

8. Liverpool_SC

Liverpool_SC Member

Jun 28, 2002
    Upstate, SC
    Only the ones who play in alleyways with Hmong refugees.

9. KCBearcat

KCBearcat New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rep for you, sir! :)