" Guille" Franco or "Chueco" Gaitan

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Atlas10, Jul 6, 2005.

1. smartbomb

smartbomb Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    News Flash: Argentina has different kind of players. Not necessarily better, but you have to be blind to not see that the Argentine have whole different set of skills.

1- Other players in Mexico CANNOT do what these players do. I'm not going to discuss if this make them better/worse.

2- Other players in Argentina CAN do the same these players do. I'm not going to discuss if this make them better/worse.

Put the pride and nationalism apart for 1 minute and imagine that the NT finally has what they have been lacking for a while. OK maybe not lacking, but finally play good in all the lines. Hell, at least play like the coach wants to. I watch Gaitan and sometimes Franco (my bro roots for Mty) perform live at the stadium every other week or so, I have faith they can make a difference, well, simply because they are different. Too bad the Argentina are as prideful as some of the board members here and won't look outside Europe or their own country for players, but not even 30% of the people I know think Figueroa is better than Franco, or that Santana (lol) is better than Gaitan.
    If it's very important to you (plurally speaking) that these guys have an accent, or weren't born here, or want to join the team as a last resort, that's fine. I will be glad as long as the NT performs the best possible. But don't give any lame excuses or come up with those numbers... statistics really don't count when you are on the field, am I right?

2. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    You put that aside, and it stops being a National team. That is why Olympics and World Cup events are so popular and so watched because it is a matter of pride and nationalism. Get that through your head

Every team lacks something, it is the responsibility of the coaches to overcome the team's shortcomings.

10 players have been naturalized for the NT, and those 10 times, they had faith they could make the difference. HOW wrong they were.

They are not different. They are not leaps and bounds better.

OHH, we are so bad because some here our proudful. It is a national team. What dont you get about that?

You never answered the question, you dont mind players playing for Mexico as a 2nd alternative?

OHH sure... when stats are not in your favor... disregard them....

I provided stats that clearly showed that Franco is not a dominant centerforward. The system he plays under caters to him... and he isnt racking up double digits every season