Guevara suspended two games...

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by narduch, Aug 7, 2008.

1. narduch

narduch New Member

Apr 14, 2005
  2. TFCguy

TFCguy New Member

May 18, 2007
    yup...also in the G&M too

3. Inklink

Inklink Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Toronto, CANADA
    Oh no! He also got hit by a major $250 fine. Hopefully he can still put food on the table with that unexpected, unfair, huge financial hit. Poor guy :eek:

4. Roc Le Roc

Roc Le Roc New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Man, that really sucks.

I never did get a good look at the incident. As far as I can make out the two players exchanged elbows..maybe the other guy started it..but then Guevara punched the guy in the face..I think. I think it happened just inside the box (as far as I can see, not that it means anything as far as the suspension goes).

I guess the red and penalty were the right call. I understand the ref could have called the play earlier, and not let it get so out of hand. Unfortunately that didn't happen, although I wish it had have.

I thought that was penalty enough. It really changed the outcome of the game that day. I'm really surprised that he would be suspended for an additional game. This really going to hurt. I guess one game is automatic...it's that extra game. Damn.

Looking back, this is the second selfish red this year by the players brought in to make a difference and provide leadership. Very disappointing.

5. narduch

narduch New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    I'm guessing the fine has to be that low because some of the players in this league are only making about $12,000.

I bet the fine for one red card in the EPL could pay one MLS dev players salary. :eek:

6. ILCT

ILCT New Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    2 games is the right move. 1 for the red and 1 for how flagrant it was.

7. guppy

guppy New Member

May 19, 2007
    Aquarium
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nepal
    I remember him swinging at somebody before, I couldn't tell ya the game. It happened soon after his arrival .. both players were kinda in the middle of getting up and he swung at the other guy and it looked like he grazed him but the ref missed it somehow.