Guevara in the All Star Game [R]

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by NJPsycho, Aug 2, 2003.

1. NJPsycho

NJPsycho New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Dirty Jerzee
    It's only in the 30th minute of the game, and Guevara looks like the only confident player on the MLS side. He's controlling and holding the ball really well.
    Did he play Chivas often before he came to the MLS?

2. LiveFreeOrDie

LiveFreeOrDie New Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Guevarra and Preki.

BTW, it's been all Chivas so far.

3. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Another black-eye for MLS:

1) Kevin Hartmann got pelted with debris from classless Mexican fans.....in his OWN stadium.

2) A boat-load of empty seats. There weren't more than 100 U.S. supporters.

3) A pathetic halftime show. The band received the same cold response that Eddie Murphy did when he played Sexual Chocolate in "Coming to America". :D

The game did nothing to promote soccer in America....only Drew Carrey's dopey show.

4. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Wait, Chivas fan money is worth less than MLS fan money how? Now some of them know the way to the HDC - who knows, maybe some will find their way back once in a while.

Another large crowd (was it exactly 27,000? Does it matter, with the prices they're charging for tickets?) in their new stadium means more impetus for AEG to get their other stadiums constructed, stat. That's what we need right now.

I thought I heard many people say that the idea of an all-star game was meaningless by definition...so why should all this matter anyway?

5. CbR

CbR Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Bergen County NJ
    with etch falling off the face of teh earth, novak retireing, and cienfuegos getting old, guevarra is the best midfielder in MLS hands down

6. markitos8

markitos8 New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    I agree, He is only 27, Hes still got some years ahead of him, and if this is what he showed in his first season imagine what he will do in his second or even third. It is going to be awesome for the Metros because they will have the best creative midfielder in the MLS.

By the way why did they sub "El Lobo" so early.

They were talking about Ramon Ramirez being so good everytime Guevara was around he took the ball right off his feet.

7. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Having been at the game:

1) True, classless

2) Wrong, almost all seats were filled at some point during the game. Plenty of people walking about. Plus the ratio was mor like 70-30 Chivas. There were very many of us supporting the MLS and we made it known when we scored.

3) Poor halftime is correct

8. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Nothing beats a marching band at halftime. It's a ridiculous situation, and marching bands were designed for ridiculous situations.

Rock bands aren't; they never sound good in the open air, and always take themselves way too seriously. The lead singer even wore a DCU jersey.

What's this glaring need for constant entertainment? Why not just give the fans a break? They could relieve themselves, then buy another beer; the kids could run all over tha place for 15 minutes...

Wait a minute, they do that anyway.

9. TO LIVE FOR

TO LIVE FOR New Member

Jan 12, 2002
    LA
    Hello from LA. Today I spend one full hour with Guevara after the game. Metro will be playing the galaxy on the 16 and guevar will be signing my jersey. He was very nice to me and my family. I went to his room where he and the MLS players are staying. All athe MLS players are staying at the Queen marry in Long Beach. Eventhougt the guy didn't know me or my family he told us to come in and we talked for a hour. One full hour for a fun of guevara with his family after the all star game is priceless. This day is one of the happiest day of my life.

Guevara for MLS MVP.

He told me he is very Happy with New York.
    He will be signing my shirt next time he comes to LA. That will be 08-16-03 about two weeks from now.

10. Blong

Blong Member+

Oct 29, 2002
    Midwest, the real one.
    Really? What did he have to say? Que dijo? Como le cae la MLS a Guevara? How is his English? I noticed Ruiz is coming along w/ his comprehension.

11. dcufan1984

dcufan1984 Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Guevara in the All Star Game [R]

yeah, carlos evidentally can understand (and i presume speak) english well. during his interview after the game he didn't require balboa to translate stoner's questions... i assume he is still shy about speaking it though.

12. TO LIVE FOR

TO LIVE FOR New Member

Jan 12, 2002
    LA
    He told me it was Mauricio Cien Fuegos who talked to him about coming to MLS. on Pavon he only wants to play for New York.
    on playing for Valencia of spain. Toros nesa of Mexico did not want to sell him eventhought Valencia offered four million dollars for his transfer. He told me that was BS. Valencia was champion that year for the spain league. on MetroStar he loves it. on his English they gave him a extensive english course and he knows a little bit of English. He will be fluent in english in two to three years. on his contract with MLS. At first he signed for one yeat but after a few games with New York the League Knew they hit the big one with him and sat him down and gave a nice contract for the next three years. so we got Amado Guevara for the next Three years and he is only 27 years old. You want to know more let me Know.

I still can"t Fu*king berlieve it.

13. Blong

Blong Member+

Oct 29, 2002
    Midwest, the real one.
    Neither can I. Hell yes give us more.That one paragraph gave us more info than a year of rumor stories. Sure, it's all after the fact, but I'm getting tired of nothing but rumor stories. Just when you think it's certain that Ronaldinho is going to ManU and that Houston is in and that Krazy Sam's Used Cars really has slashed prices on all makes and models, the truth comes in and changes everything.

Why in the world did he just invite a random fan into his room? Was it just that you were a fan of his and spoke spanish?

14. TO LIVE FOR

TO LIVE FOR New Member

Jan 12, 2002
    LA
    I bought one of the metro guevara shirts and I send my wife to take pictures of him and video tape. When he finished practice my wife ask him for pictures and aurograph. Then, I call her on her cell and I ask to speak to him. Today at the game my wife saw a friend of Guevara and he told us where he was staying, room and everything at the Queen Mary. I also sat next to Vergara, Don Garver, Allan Rothenberg, Tim lowenkie, and all the hight rollers of MLS. I can'T still believe it. so we went to the Queen Mary went to his room and knock on the door. He remember my wife and right away he greeted us like he knew us for a long time. we were there for like a hour and he make us feel like if we were the stars. He even gave my kids some candies and treated us like if we were somebody important. ********** men I can't still believe it. I got a whole bunch of picture but I and not good at using a computer so I dont know how to post them. All I know he will be back in two weeks to play the LA Galaxy and He will sign the Metro shirt I am about to buy and all kind of staff.
    I told him I will bring like 100 friends to support him on that game. He told me He is going to look for me and my friend so he can sign autograph and take pictures. "AWESOME"