Guess the Dash's starting XI and bench

Discussion in 'Houston Dash' started by fire123, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    The allocated US, Canadian and Mexican players are paid by their federations. All other players including non allocated US, Canadian, Mexicans and internationals are all paid by their clubs.

These big names like Angerer, Boquete, etc, we can all assume are taking massive pay cuts to play here. Hence why top internationals in their prime that can make more money else where won't be playing in the US anytime soon.

2. DashOn

DashOn New Member

May 15, 2014
    Ok, thanks for letting me know. I know we don't have a lot of them, but i am glad to see some non-North Americans playing over here. I really hope the league holds up, too. It would be nice if they could advertise it some more, but i know it costs money and of course there is just little interest in the game compared to the other major sports by people and the media.

3. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And that's not necessarily a bad thing, at least for the league. I'm sure those players would like to be getting paid just a little more, but the trade off for them- better competition, more fans at the matches, etc.- is one they thought was worth a few thousand bucks less.

If the team owners had more money to spend on salaries, would they still be bringing in players like Fishlock, Kerr, Foord, and others, or would those spots be used on big name superstars?

4. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Dash ideas for 2015:
    - Trade 1st round pick to land more draft picks (have at least two 2nd round picks, two 3rd round picks overall)
    - Target/Draft: Hannah Wilkinson (Tennessee, New Zealand), and Chioma Ubogagu (Stanford) in 2nd round.
    - Target/Draft: Arin Gilliland (Kentucky), and Sammy Scofield (Notre Dame) in the 3rd round.
    - Trade Stephanie Ochs to FCKC for Melissa Henderson.
    - At this point, you have shown more value in Ochs (at outside back), that FCKC may trade Henderson for her.
    - Retain Klingenberg, Engen, and Sesselmann (most or all of them may play a full season with Houston in 2015)
    - Retain Ohale and continue to develop her. She's a very athletic defender, with a higher ceiling than Diggs.
    - Do not retain Sameshima. Instead, use that international slot on an "attacking midfielder".
    - Do not retain Nina Burger. Hannah Wilkinson essentially takes that international spot at forward.
    - Cut Tiffany McCarty. Or if you can lure a team to trade a solid draft pick for her (ala Lindsay Taylor), nice.
    - Retain Kealia Ohai no matter what. Must keep the Cushing's happy.
    - Also do the best you can to keep McLeod healthy. A "veteran" Keeper is needed to organize this young team.

Dash (potential) Roster for 2015
    F
    - Hannah Wilkinson (NZ), Melissa Henderson, Ella Masar, Kealia Ohai, Rafaelle Souza (Brazil), L. Elston
    MF - Chioma Ubogagu, Tameka Butt (Australia) , Becky Edwards, Brittany Bock, K. Kyle, T. Noyola, J. Jackson
    D - Klingenberg, Ari Romero, Whitney Engen, Sesselmann, Arin Gilliland, Ohale, S. Scofield, K. Toulouse
    GK - Erin McLeod, Bianca Henninger (if they lose Henninger in expansion draft, grab a former A&M keeper)

*It is assumed that Marissa Diggs will be taken in the expansion draft, as she would be a young unprotected center back that an expansion team would covet. Dash may lose Henninger as well.

*Players in red font may still be on team, if at least one or more other players are playing in Europe early on.

*Hannah Wilkinson (NZ) and Tameka Butt (Australia) replace Burger (Austria), and Sameshima (Japan).

*Ubogagu & Butt give the Dash increased speed in the attacking midfield.