Gudjohnson to Newcastle?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Clan, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s70/st34242.htm

At the end of the day a decision has to be made.
    We have too many strikers, and, all of them are quality strikers at that.Not happy if they're not playing and even less happy on loan.
    On loan to a "lesser" team when the thought of team mates winning trophies back at "the Bridge" will be the last straw for some.

Continually loaning out Forssell is not an option.This will probably be the last season we will get away with it.Rumour is that CFC are looking to make it for the length of the season now.

Somebody has to go!
    Will it be Gudjohnson?
    Would Forssell be happy with a call back to the squad-only to sit on the bench with limited starts/appearances?

2. the101er

the101er New Member

Jan 29, 2003
  3. starman1994

starman1994 New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Malaysia
    Forssell would have to sit this one out I'm afraid. It's one of those clauses on his loan contract with Birmingham. Bolo was forced to sit when we played against Boro. C.Cole would have to sit out against us too when we meet Charlton.

I believe that Forssell would be recalled back by December when the matches are at their peak. Cole however would have to be loaned out the entire season since he is the last in the pecking order as well as being the least experienced.

Guddy will rediscover his touch in time to earn his place in the squad. I'm betting on JFH leaving end of season though. We need to keep younger players in the squad IMO.

4. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Chelsea's Mikael Forssell is wanted by Bayer Leverkusen when the transfer window opens in January. (According to the Star)

Jimmy to leave at the end of the year and Michael Owen to join the club? Rumour has been that he's been peed off with Hooly-air for a long time now.

William Gallas has been ruled out for a month following an injury he picked up in last week's Champions League defeat to Besiktas. (Daily Mirror)

5. starman1994

starman1994 New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Malaysia
    It was rumoured that Leverkusen will be ready to trade Lucio for Forssell.

http://msn.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,31-1106299,00.html

If we were to sign a centre back, it should be a cover for Gallas (i.e must have lots of pace and agility). He seems to be injured quite often lately.

Michael Owen????? Puhlease!!!! Thanks but no thanks! I'd rather pay 35million for Shevchenko any day!!!!!

6. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    hopefully all the transfer rumours are bollox

I think Guddy was and can still be a great player. He obviously did not recover from his injuries last season and was in horrible shape. This season he seems to be the low man on in the pecking order, lets hope it makes him hungry and put foward good perfomances.

JFH probably has this and one more season left in him and if Crespo and/or Mutu go down we need a solid backup and a player that will challenge them for a starting role.

7. starman1994

starman1994 New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Malaysia
  8. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
  9. starman1994

starman1994 New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Malaysia
    I seriously doubt it Clan, Newcastle are negotiating with Barca over the possible signing of Kluivert. Now that is real, the Guddy rumour however is just a distant possiblity (maybe to be considered if they can't sign Kluivert).

Anyhow, I don't see any reason for Guddy to leave, especially when Chelsea is playing CL this season.

10. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
  11. Chelski$$$

Chelski$$$ New Member

Oct 19, 2003
    Even though JFH had scored a lot of goals for Chelsea over the course of this year in the C.L and Premier League. Gudjohnson would be better to keep, after all he nearly scored a hat trick in the Carling Cup

12. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Not to mention his age!

13. Chelski$$$

Chelski$$$ New Member

Oct 19, 2003
    Got point Clanblue, Gudjohnson has many years left in him, while JLH has been around for a long time. I alos feel that Gudjohnson can control his temper and anger more than JFH. In the game against Arsenal, JLH charged the keeper and only got yellow carded, that in my view was a red carded offense. When Chelsea are winning JLH is calm and plays alright, but when we start losing his game goes up *#*#*#*# creek.

14. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Settled

Eidur going nowhere.
    Nice interview here.

http://chelsea.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=884&p=2&stid=8328810

Well, that 3 out of the 4 sorted.
    He's young and prepared to fight for his place, with 3 years yet on his contract.
    Forssell or Hasselbaink for the 4th and final spot.

15. starman1994

starman1994 New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Malaysia
    Re: Settled

In an interview with the Sun, he spoke of the talk he had with his father that finally knocked some sense into him, that staying and fighting for a place is much more worthwhile.

I'd rather see Forsell in the fourth slot to be honest. A younger prospect too.