Guatemalans playing in US Colleges and Universities [R]

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by lguti9, Mar 24, 2009.

1. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Thanks Ballin Bear, you mean to tell me that Villa is playing with Municipal and they dont put him in. What the hell is that coach thinking, does he know who Carlos Villa is. :mad:

2. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    He's not that good dude... Or atleast I didn't think so.. I was at the Guate games for those pre-qualifier games and I didn't see anything special out of him... He was the first cambio each time. Granted, he scored that goal and it was a very good finish.. But other than that, I'd say the flojos have better options up front.

3. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Well Dezeptus like who, Pando?? Loco?? Plata??
    Just read what that kid accomplish at Hartford University, remember Pappa thats what they said about him, oh Rojos has better forwards up front, Plata n Acevedo. Of course if you dont give these kids play time how they gonna advance or show their potential.

4. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Maybe if he had more playing time he could show more potential. But last I heard he was at the MLS draft and chosen by Chivas USA.

I guess he really wasn't that good or maybe daddy promised him a better salary back home with Municipal??

Like guti said, Marco Pappa never had much playing time and the only reason he was discovered by Chicago Fire was because of Rodrigo Kenton the former U23 coach.

The only thing special about him is that he is the son of Gerardo Villa, who owns the club.

5. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Well regarding the MLS draft, yes Villa could of easily got into one of the MLS teams but decided not to participate. He just said he wanted to focus on his school. But who knows maybe like you said, his dad probably offered him more money to play with Municipal

6. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Ojala el Tecnico Almeida, escoja algunos de estos chicos para jugar en la Sele, se lo merecen, tienen talento y el fisico.

AGUANTE GUATE :cool:

7. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  8. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    2011 Men's Soccer Roster

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enrique Haeussler Height: 5-7
    Class: Senior
    Hometown: Guatemala City, Guatemala
    Previous School:
    2009: Did not compete during the season.

Pre-UNF: Attended Middle Georgia in 2008-09 and Tusculum College in 2007-08…Helped Middle Georgia to the Final Four…Was named All-Tournament Team and Midfielder of the Year.

High School: Played soccer for five years at Colegio Maya in Guatemala City…Named team Most Valuable Player in 2006 and 2007 and earned the Coach’s Award in 2005…A member of the Municipal U-20 team in Guatemala.

Personal: Full name is Enrique Alejandro Haeussler…Son of Tita de Haeussler and Alejandro Haeussler…Has two sisters, Maria Danielly and Andrea…Born on Jan. 23, 1989, in Guatemala City, Guatemala…Majoring in business administration.

Enrique Haeussler Height: 5-7
    Class: Senior
    Hometown: Guatemala City, Guatemala
    Previous School:

2009: Did not compete during the season.

Pre-UNF: Estuvo en el Colegio de Middle Georgia in 2008-09 & Tusculum College in 2007-08…Ayudo a Middle Georgia en los 4 mejores en la final y fue llamado el Mediocampista del ano de todo el torneo.
    High School: Played soccer for five years at Colegio Maya in Guatemala City…Named team Most Valuable Player in 2006 and 2007 and earned the Coach’s Award in 2005…A member of the Municipal U-20 team in Guatemala.

Personal: Full name is Enrique Alejandro Haeussler…Son of Tita de Haeussler and Alejandro Haeussler…Has two sisters, Maria Danielly and Andrea…Born on Jan. 23, 1989, in Guatemala City, Guatemala…Majoring in business administration.
    http://www.unfospreys.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6618&path=msoc

9. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  10. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    BUMP - Time for José Carlos Castillo to thing with a pro team.

11. xjuniorrulzx

xjuniorrulzx Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Northridge, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
  13. Goathemala

Goathemala Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Monterey,California
    Club:
    CD Zacapa
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Had no idea he was Guatemalan, last season the team was bad. I remember 2 good games, one against UCLA we lost 2-1 and a win over UCI which was a ranked team last season.

14. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  15. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA