Guatemalans Playing Abroad

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by Guatefc, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    From what i hear is that the Mexican club has a better offer in terms of money.

2. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

could be true, since FC dallas is the only one talking about the offer and not Municipal, may be san luis or morrelia made a bigger offer and fc dallas is not aware what is being negotiated between municipal and the Mexican clubs

3. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Ruiz is better off going to Europe , if he stays in Mexico his skills will only go backwards.

4. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

how so???? mexico is his chance to doubt the wrong but the more i wait the more i believe he's gonna resign with the MLS. he has a good chance of makin it spain or italy and its his only chance to make it big

he proved it in the qualifiers and in regular league play even thought he missed 1/3 of the season cause of NT duties.
    i heard right now he's in LA getting fit , and is fresh with no injuries and he 's back and fourth with municipal and his agent , so hope fully he can get a better deal somewhere else than the MLS and make an impact

5. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I mean in Europe he could improve his skills with the best players in the world. Just imagine him facing defenders like Cafu or Roberto Carlos, wouldnt that bring in major experience then going to Mexico and just play average soccer. In Europe he can grow as a player, staying here in the Americas (well except Argentina or Brazil) would only stop him from becoming a better player.

He could be the first Guatemalan to score on Dida or Iker Casillas..... the posibilities are endless in Europe. Especially with the talent he has.......

6. lilchapin

lilchapin New Member

Sep 23, 2005
    MtL home oda impact
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    JAJAJAJA LOL i like your point of view... lol
    but you are so right!!!!not only will it be a wish for him but for me too
    maybe he can bring experience to the club |NT|... hopefully

7. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

lil chapin your from montreal? so you speak french too??? i heard there is a lot of guatemalans there?? jus tought it was funny that there could be chapines who speak french , Spanish, and english

8. lilchapin

lilchapin New Member

Sep 23, 2005
    MtL home oda impact
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    LoL!!
    yeah its full of chapines here there are even gautemala leagues and a montreal guatemala team, its all good here

o and any news on ruiz???

9. Goathemala

Goathemala Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Monterey,California
    Club:
    CD Zacapa
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Willie Sims was choosen by New England in the draft, that makes 2 in the MLS, Ruiz might become the 3rd. That will make 5 Guatemalans playing outside Guatemala.

10. lilchapin

lilchapin New Member

Sep 23, 2005
    MtL home oda impact
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    o well screw that 2 chapines went back to guatemala.....
    el pando and el loko are back in municipal
    that suks...

11. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    I could see why pando is back with municipal but why Mario Rodriguez? I thought Loco was gonna stay with the Crew or even go to the Galaxy, what happened with that? Is he being looked at by other teams?

12. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Racing de ferrol club president presented Dwight pezzarossi today

dwight pezzarosi is on the far right

time to get my jersey!!!

[​IMG]

13. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    [​IMG]

RACING CLUB DE FERROL- SOCIEDAD DEPORTIVA EIBAR
    La Malata
    Domingo 22 de enero de 2006
    17.00 horas

hope pezza gets some time tomorrow!!

14. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Hey according to Guatefutbol.com , Willie Simms does not want to play for The Guatemalan National, instead he wants look at his options with the USA national team.

If this is true , you can almost consider him a traitor. I guess this guy has no heart for his country , this is unbelievable. A waste of talent if u ask me.

15. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    My interpretation of the situation is that MLS and Municipal couldn't settle on a full transfer fee to get him back here. The press kept making allusions to MLS not offering Loco enough money, but it's pretty clear from his statements that he'd come back for the salary he had here. It was Municipal that wasn't happy with the amount of money. Same thing with Pando. Same thing with Ruiz. Trend here?

16. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

yes Municipal are money hungry jerks who won't let guatemalan football evolve,

Comunicaciones let there players grow look at Dwight pezzarossi, martin machon , jorge rodas, all left las cremas no problem, and helped guatemala NT with there experience, even suchi sold luis swisher to polonia warsaw,
    if ruiz was on comunicaciones he would easly been playing in spain , england , france , or italy, no question.

17. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Montréal is a bilingual city , but im not sure if you can survive only with english without knowing Quebecois (canadian french) since that's the offcial language of Québec, and probably the dominant language in montréal. Lil chapin you should know...............

18. lilchapin

lilchapin New Member

Sep 23, 2005
    MtL home oda impact
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    know what????
    i speak quebecois and english its all good and no you do need french...

19. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    I wouldn't say that about Comunicaciones either. Don't forget the struggle Cabrera had when Las Cremas were blocking an effort for him to get out to a trial with Real Salt Lake before the Gold Cup last year - I posted that article a few weeks ago. Seemed from taht article that they didn't even have more than a few days left on their contract with him, so it's likely that they were simply not happy with seeing him go free and wanted to negotiated a "release" with MLS or something as there is no other explanation for why they would not have let him go on trial after the season ended.

20. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

when it comes to marquee palyers, they don't interfere with deals , cabrera was one special case, but history wise la cremas like sellling there players, for a nice # Q. or $$$ but if they get a chance to make € , or £ they'l negotiate an offer, cabrera is supposedly signed and aiming fo a transer to Danish football league, hee was using the MLS to expose him self to europe a little bit more, may be more offers will open up

21. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Las Kremas Son Putas..........

22. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    moving on dwight pezzarossi new team racing de ferrol, wins at home 4- 0 vrs Eibar

maintaining 15th place of 22 teams far from relegation, i don't know if pezza was on the bench or what im not really sure
    none of guate sites have yet im citing from the teams web site and la liga official web site, maybe next week thell see some action

23. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
  24. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala