Guatemalans Playing Abroad

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by Guatefc, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    Well it looks like Cagliari needs his scoring ASAP. We'll see what happens, i'll be checking regularly.

2. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    And this is different from what I wrote in what way?
    "Loco going back to MLS but transferred to a different MLS side? If you trust PCGol as a reliable source then perhaps this is true...."

My Spanish may not be great, but my English is pretty damn good! The translations above look to be identical.... Further, that article was posted a day ago so it's not exactly old. Thanks for trying to find something to correct, though. Helped all of us here.

3. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

I like Cagliari taste in players, they know a fine scoring product when thy see it, i remeber one of the dely valdez players used to play there in their prime

this definatley will lift guatemala profile, FC dallas wasn't a good fit for the fish, that league is just a bunch of whiny complainers, only way ruiz plays in the MLS is he goes to LA and they fire sampson ,he's very comfortable in the LA area and fond of the guatemala community there, those guys were a so so team on the World scale ,i would'nt mind necaxa or real san luis over them any day

4. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    Looks like Suazo is holding his own with Cagliari. Him and Ruiz up top would be sick for that squad.

Ruiz will not return to the MLS because they've treated him like sh** And payed him like sh**. There's no way he can go to the Galaxy without them going over the salary cap.

Isnt San Luis fighting relegation also? I prefer him not going to Mexico because those bastards will discriminate him and probably even injure him purposely.

5. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

MLS fans or FC dallas mostly belive ruiz is fond of dallas , but he's not , correct me if im wrong ruiz lives in the la area right now???? and he plans to go to europe he's been saying that since 2002 when he left gianna pas to the galaxy

he even called MLS methods a slave trade having no say where you go, this guy is fed up with th MLS

6. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    Yes Ruiz is living in L.A. right now. I agree with you completely that the MLS fans are naive. Ruiz does not like playing in Dallas, or in MLS for that matter. He knows he deserves to play in a more competitive league. It's funny because if you go to the FC Dallas threads all they do is try to rationalize how Ruiz is gonna stay.

7. General Manager

Dec 23, 1998
    Never paint MLS fans with a wide brush. Yes there are some that are naive but most are very knowledgeable of the Soccer/Football world. Its a shame about Ruiz but some of the problems he has had in MLS are his own doing. The incessant diving hurt his rep and his back talking to refs that eventually just wouldn't call a legit foul on him because of his rep as a diver. His habit of not showing up for training and not telling the team where he was was one of the reasons the Galaxy got rid of him. That being said he is a good player that must mature some cause if he pulled some that stuff in Caliguri or any other top level club he wont last long.

8. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    i thought galaxy traded him because of landon donavon??? and ruiz wouldn't sign a long term deal so the
    preferably FC dallas fans are the naive ones who think ruiz would stay and he "loves dallas", he's not jamie moreno he wants get the f out of there espciallt that away from Fc dallas and there ugly @ss jerseys, that diving was over exaggerated it was that often

9. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    I would act up too if I averaged a goal a game in my first year and still got paid less than a plumber.

10. General Manager

Dec 23, 1998

Well it's paid off hasn't it. Do you think he would have receive the offers from caliguri ,rangers or san luis if he didn't play in MLS. Sure he was under paid but the gave him a new contract and the contract their currently offering is real high. Many players go through the same process in MLS you simply dont get paid much money. What MLS does for the player is give them a chance to shine on a stage that many in Europe see. Just look at the players that in the last two years have moved from MLS and compare that with any league in Concacaf and you'll see that MLS has more players going on to Euro sides than any other league. Thats why you play in MLS if your a young player, its a chance at bigger things.

11. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Except for the fact that:
    1) MLS ties players up into non-guaranteed contracts with options for three years following the player's first season
    2) Most MLS players have no EU passport so it is difficult to move abroad and get a work permit in most leagues
    3) Most Euro leagues are unfamiliar with the true quality of MLS because they don't compete against it.

It's not that easy for the most talented younger players in MLS to leave. Not only do they need the ability to get a work permit, but they also need to be free of contract frequently (unless they're super kid-wonder and can demand a transfer fee - Beasley, Convey, etc.)

12. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

this is very tru but ruiz international experience tells his whole story,

he had 10 goals in WCQ

and i belive he eligible to play in europe

since two no-eu player from guatemala are playing in europe
    Pezzarossi 26 and swisher 27

i think swisher is the only one who had it tough permit wise, because pezza has an italian passport

13. General Manager

Dec 23, 1998

14. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006

15. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Agreed entirely. I was just trying to shed some light on why it's more difficult for Ruiz to find a new gig. He's got the game to make it there, it's just that the supply of jobs for non-EU players is limited by a whole host of restrictions in various of the top leagues. That was all I was trying to point out. Should Ruiz have had access to an EU passport, I truely believe that there would be more clubs in the hunt for his services right now.

16. General Manager

Dec 23, 1998
    USA FOOTBALL I am well aware of those rules but you stated that its not easy to get a WP but it is easy. except in england yes there are limits on Non-EU players but if Caliguri needs the fire power there is nothing to stop them from signing Ruiz. They simply sign him then release the other player not uncommon in euro soccer. You make it seem that NO team would try and put Ruiz on there squad cause of those rules. but the fact remains that if the player is good the clubs WILL find a way to put that player on the squad. The only place that this cant happen is in England cause of there strict WP rules. England is harder to get a WP than Italy simply because You must play in 75% of your nations matches plus that nation must be ranked no less than 75th by FIFA. While in italy if the club has the open slot they simply sign the player and that's that. I am also aware of the Dutch WP rules and no I don't think Parke would cut there maybe Bradley in a few years but surely not Parke. I was using that to show that playing in MLS is a good springboard for young players. But that being said Bradley was going to be offered a 400,000
    a year deal until Heerenveen balk at the possible transfer fee.

17. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    In order to get a work permit you need an employer sponsoring you for residency, so you need a contract offer. Contract offers are extremely difficult for non-EU players to procure based on the previous statements, which you seemingly agree with. You're mincing words here.

Bottom line is simple: no EU passport and the player is at a huge disadvantage garnering a contract in the big Euro leagues. Clubs can't do what MLS does and just simply cut a player to make space. Euro contracts are guaranteed and therefore must be mutually terminated or sold to make space. This is not an easy or quick process given the fact that it all has to be done within a 5 week window twice a year. Finding a guy a technical director likes may not be hard. Finding a willing taker at the right place for the player that said club needs to move is often much harder. Further, what happens in the common event that the weaker links on the pitch are not the foreign players but the domestic ones? In that situation, by moving one foreign player to sign another because that's the only way to bring in reinforcements, the club is net-net not where they want to be.

How does this relate back to Ruiz? Well, it just means that there's more to this than simply whether he's good enough to contribute at a high level. It's just not that simple!

18. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    No news on Ruiz yet? :confused: What's the latest on his situation?

19. slideslide

slideslide New Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Boca
    We all want to know what happens but anthony you got to relax

20. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    Yeah I guess I gotta relax, it's just that I dont have a tv in my dorm and my only mode of getting any news is the internet.

I see that you have Italy as your team. So im assuming that you're familiar with the Italian league. Do you want to see Ruiz in serie A? How do you think he wouldl fare? Do you think he would be well received?

21. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    if you want to look at tv for info your better off waitin on the internet there not saying much on tv either, except on centroamericatv on sundays at 11:00pm east coast time when deportivo guatevision comes on they'll have some updates on ruiz

22. lilchapin

lilchapin New Member

Sep 23, 2005
    MtL home oda impact
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    i think ruiz should play in europe and whatever happens
    not to play in mexico!!!!!!
    i mean pezzarosi's already in spain
    http://www.prensalibre.com/pl/2006/enero/13/depor.html[/URL]
    so pesca should do better or i think so,
    el pando suks and thats sad
    Hope he does better on Febuary 19 vs USA (friendly)
    anyone got news on the fish?:confused:

23. Toronto Papi

Toronto Papi New Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I don't...
    but i wanted to ask you if there are a lot of chapines in Montreal??? I was there not too long ago. Just wondering, hit me back.

24. slideslide

slideslide New Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Boca
    Anthony I would be excited if Ruiz went to Italy i think that not only will he get better it will also make him realize that he has a long way he can improve.

It will teach him not to get pissed off as much as he is used to getting. I love Ruiz but I think that a move to Italy will be good for his personality and he will get less carded

25. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

they way it looks right now is that MLS Has a the best offer, and Municipal is still shopping around for a buyer on ruiz full rights. A WC appearance would of helped him around august of this year

FC dallas GM supposedly said they have the best offer but who knows if thats true since they have a "Cap" and they are paying Eddie johnson a 800k a year and 2 other players around 200k so i find it hard to believe they are offering ruiz a 700k plus a year contract unless they trade a few players