Guatemalans Playing Abroad.

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by MetroChile, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Same, tho I highly doubt it. He always has a stupid mistake or two per game. And Dep Cali eso no se lo van a perdonar.

2. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    IMG_20170629_201329_002.jpg Marco Dominguez a player from Cincinnati fc that is interested in playing for Guatemala once our Federation is back to business.

3. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Another Guatemalan player who plays in the 3rd division of Sweeden wants to join the Guatemalan squad once we're reinstated. Christopher Ramirez plays for NASSJÖ FC.
    IMG_20170629_203459_553.jpg

4. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I seriously have to commend this kid. He's still playing, hasn't fallen off the grid like other young players. Played on the U20 Canada team and STILL is holding out to play for Guate. I seriously hope this kid gets a call up and a SERIOUS look because it seems like he'd want to sweat out the jersey.

5. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    3rd division Sweden?? Lol.. That's worse than the Guate league.. He's not worth it.

Chul0 and edcalvi repped this.
  6. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    I think he's one of the few from abroad that deserve a chance tbh.

Agree

7. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Well soon this 22 year old that plays in sweeden will soon play in a 1st division, he's the actual goal scorer on his team and has been seen by different scouts, Christopher who resides in the U.S. was taken to Sweden to be looked at and he was chosen immediately. I rather see him playing then being kept at the bench as many of this thread know how it is in Guatemala

8. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Well when that happens.. Let us know. Cuz 3rd Division Sweden is no different than a local potro in your nearest park. No diss. IJS.

Chul0 repped this.
  9. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    No es familiar del Ramirez que estuvo en la antigua ?

10. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    yeah that's one of his younger brothers, and let me tell you, all 5 brothers play really good, im referring one of the young ones to the u17 that is practicing now

11. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Catracho sin ir tan lejos, Xelaju de Guatemala came to play here in Maryland with an amateur team, you know what's the score 1 - 1. Xelaju had all of their main players. No me vengas con cuentos de que 3ra division de otro pais Europeo es menos que los de Centro America. Bro they're more organized then our main league, they already have an established process. Sure you hear 3rd division and you say they suck, have you seen it?.. Our legionario Rodrigo Saravia plays on the second division in Sweden too, y el seleccionado de la Seleccion. Hasta que no mires un partido de 3ra division avisame.

12. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Puro paja. Solo porque Xelaju empato a un equipo amateur en Maryland no signifíca k el tercer de Suecia es mejor.. Tampoco porque son mejor organizado.. Bo crees k el nivel del tercer liga en un pais donde el liga nacional es mas o menos es encima de una en Centro America.. Te equivocastes. Solo vendiendo juevos pasan esos cipotes.

edcalvi repped this.
  13. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Pues ojala que los hermanos jueguen mejor que el, porque el maje que jugo en la antigua was nothing special. Granted he was coming from a long lay off but still , he didn't stand out.

No es por llevarte la contraria, but a lot of these players that come from abroad always flatter to deceive. Los unicos that have performed are Mo & Payeras, Maybe Rodas in his first 2 seasons. Los demas como Ramirez, Top & Baldetti no dieron una.

Lastly, Se te hizo lol, Roldan namas le dieron un game. I feel bad for the kid tbh.

14. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Catracho entonces me estas diciendo que las divisiones 2,3 de Europa son las peores y que las ligas de Centro America son sumamente superiores. Vaya eso si no la sabia. Bro c'mon if our leagues are so good why aren't they beating the Mexican teams on Concaf Champions league. Is like you comparing our Central American leagues with the ones in Mexico. Is all about having a structure, good process, giving opportunities to the young ones and $$$$. Sadly in Central America we bring players that are at the end of their careers, and teams going broke cause they can't pay their players. Yo no vendo humo, I saw the kid play and he's good. I mean if scouts are looking at him is for a reason.

15. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Chulo regarding Bryan Ramirez, I talked to the director of Antigua, and he told me that they let him go and other players so they could bring some Costa Rican players. I also talked to Brian and he told me that he's trying out with some USL team

Chul0 repped this.
  16. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I'm pretty sure Municipal or Cremas win the third division in Sweden. Be real just because you play in Europe doesn't mean you're a crack or deserve a shot with the NT. Anything past first division in a relatively low European league tier like Sweden isn't very pro.

If that's your logic I might As well change my passport for a Guatemalan one and try my luck in second division Finland.

edcalvi repped this.
  17. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    En antigua they're doing a restructuring, so they let high earners like Russell, Acosta & Bolivar go. They let their wide players go too since they couldn't pay them (Miranda, Herrate & Ceballos)

But the truth of the matter is Ramirez Wasn't Good Enough. Hopefully he at least makes it as USL player. Pero la verdad no siento que este ni cerca de lo un jugador de seleccion deba ser.

18. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Catracho I mean we can go on and on and you wouldn't accept that Europe has better discipline, organization, and better player development no matter what division you in. Until you accept that, you gonna keep on thinking that in Central America we are superior in discipline, organization, player development. Yep we sure are

19. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
  20. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Jerez quedo eliminado de la sudamericana on penalties. It's a shame his weakness are still palpable (mal por arriba, mucho rebote, and to a lesser extent his footwork). But hopefully he can put in a good word in Alianza Petrolera (where he's basically a god ) about Hagen. Maybe he can be to him what Conejo was to Keylor (andCarvajal) at Albacete.

Penalties, tapo 2 but wasn't enough unfortunately

edcalvi repped this.
  21. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
  22. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    yeah agree, you know this is what I dont get, Barrera who plays at Cremas is getting offers to go play in Europe, I mean he's good but not all that. How can a Nica get quicker offers to play in Europe than a Chapin in Cremas or ROJOS. smh

23. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Porque el ya jugo alla por eso. Besides, we ain't got many worth exporting at the moment. Maybe Hagen (has European passport) but even him might not b ready. Por eso im of the idea that to fix our futbol, the change must come from within.

No podemos hacer que los equipos de a fuera quieran our players, it's out of our control. But we can do though is improve the players were producing and the platform (league, infrastructure) I'm which they're developing.

24. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    You're totally right. Lo le hagas caso a Les... es bien pajero LOL

Catracho_Azul repped this.
  25. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008