Guatemalans Playing Abroad Part V [R] News, Updates and Misc.

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by jfcule, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I gotta say when Pezza retires, we're going to miss him. I think that Campollo is going to take his place.

2. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    definitely. But Campollo needs to add some more muscle, that kid looks too goofy at times.

3. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Lol.

4. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    MetroChile, por favor bring some highlights of your team's lost. :p

5. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Vos Metro, is there a good change Nacho's team gets promoted to 1st division? What would his salary range be as a starting striker in the 1st division?

6. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Good question Bear. Is there a playoff system that would have Naval go up a division if they win?

7. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    I found this:

http://www.guatefutbol.com/index.php/news/13-featured-news/10652-idoblete-de-nacho

So if Naval finishes in first they play Antofagasta for a ticket to first flight. Also promoted is the team with the most accumulated points from the Apertura and Clausura? So only two rise and two get relegated?

8. xjuniorrulzx

xjuniorrulzx Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Northridge, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marvin Ceballos to Seattle Sounders; finally!!

[​IMG]

Will post more details later.

9. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Are you sure they're not talking about how Cremas' ticket to the next round is in the hands of the Seattle Sounders, not that Marvin Ceballos is now a Seattle Sounder? Isn't the window closed?

10. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    You may be right.

11. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Jose Manuel Contreras "El Moyo"

Jose Manuel Contreras nuevo jugador de la U de Concepcion

Ultimas Noticias — By TiempoExtra on junio 21, 2011 at 21:14
    [​IMG]

El volante nacional y ex jugador de Comunicaciones Jose Manuel contreras ah sido anunciado nuevo jugador del equipo de primera division chilena la Universidad de Concepcion de chile, esta noticia se confirma el dia de hoy tras haber llegado a un arreglo el jugador, el representante del jugador y el equipo de la U de concepcion.
    El jugador se mostro muy feliz ya que ese era su objetivo de tras tener una buena temporada con Comunicaciones el queria ir a jugar al extranjero, no es la primera vez que Jose Manuel Contreras juega en el extranjero, Contreras ya ah jugado en argentina con el equipo de Arsenal de Sarandi y en Uruguay con el equipo del fenix.
    El equipo de la Universidad de Concepcion ascendio a primera division en el año 2003, ah participado en copa Libertadores en el año 2004, tambien participo en la Copa Sudamericana en ese mismo año, la ultima final que jugaron fue en 2007 contra el Colo Colo que perdieron y fueron sub campeones de dicho torneo, el unico campeonato que tienen en liga mayor es la Copa chile de 2008 – 2009.
    El estadio donde es loca la Universidad de Concepcion es el estadio Collao que tiene una capacidad para albergar a 37,000 espectadores y se ubica en la ciudad de Concepcion de Chile.

12. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Re: Jose Manuel Contreras "El Moyo"

Only fitting that we gave el Moyo his own thread, along with Pezza, el Moyo opened up the doors for the rest of the Chapines to play in SA.

13. Itzallboutgtown

Mar 27, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    why would they put a picture of him with his passport ? hummm:confused:

14. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US

We don't need many threads or else Guatemalans Playing Abroad will become obsolete.

15. xjuniorrulzx

xjuniorrulzx Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Northridge, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like he is right, but the article is a bit confusing on the passport deal. I guess they were trying to say Sounders had their pass? :mad:

There is also an article I was reading at the same time I saw that, that placed him in the MLS for 2012. I can't find it anymore, but it said "Marvin Ceballos tendra nuevo equipo para el 2012". I guess we'll just have to keep waiting. :(

16. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Hopefully we see Del Aguila and Ceballos in MLS soon.

17. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    http://www.cdf.cl/media/

All the goals from last weekend's game: on the right-hand side you will find all the games. Just click on Wanderers-La Serena, obviously.

Right now, it's looking very possible. Antofagasta is the accumulated leader but they've had an awful Clausura and Naval is second in points accumulated.

At the very least, Naval might assure themselves a chance to be promoted by either having to play the 1st-placed team overall or through the playoff ("liguilla de promoción").

Naval have not played in the top flight since 1990.

I have no idea how much he makes and a player's salary is usually contingent on the size of his club. In his case currently, I am sure he makes just enough to get by.

1 person likes this.
  18. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

Como vi, k tenian de Papa, de Ruiz, de Campollol, de Cincotta, De Jecup. Puchica, i think you should just delete all those threads and just keep the Guatemalans Abroad. Pero le tenes k decir a todos so we can keep it organize :rolleyes:

19. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I'm with you on that one Bear. The caption translates to "In the hands of the Sounders" which is who played last night and is at the top of their group in the CCL.

If it was in anyway about him getting transfered it'd be all over LaRed and all the other guate soccer sites.

As fro Nacho, I think b/c his team is in the 2nd division they're all just playing for the guts and glory. And if they make it to the 1st divsion thats where the sponsors start giving more money to the team and then to the players. Plus he's having a fantastic season so i'm sure Naval will want to keep him happy if not some other team will.

20. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US

Si vos tenés razón hay q matar todos esos threads. Esq el de Pezzarossi es un thread viejo de cuando jugaba en Europa pues tenía relevancia ahora ya no.

21. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  22. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Great info. Metro, gracias brother

23. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  24. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I dont blame him for wanting to opt out. He hasn't seen much play since Primi left. And that new coach sucks balls, he's had what 1, 2 wins tops? Beggars cant be choosers and that new coach is choosing to not use Pando's talent.

25. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala