Guatemalans Playing Abroad Part III (R)News, Updates and Misc.

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by aguimarães, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
  2. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    News from Gustavo Cabrera at AGF... he has not yet played an official match for the first team, but so far he seems to be happy about his stay :

- "It's highly different from what I have been used to. Everything on and around the team is much more professional than the other places (Clubs) I have been. They are working harder and all are very focused," Cabrera told bold.dk.

- "The players are very physical strong, in a way I have not earlier experienced in the same degree. But it actually fits very well with my style of play. I like the game in Denmark."

http://gramtrans.com/gt/url/?url=ht...ssionelt&pair=dan2eng&x-form-id=translate_url
    ---

- "I came here to work hard, and then perhaps get the chance to play. I need patience, but the more I work, the closer I get to getting the chance. Its all about training, training, training," Cabrera told bold.dk.

- "Michael Lumb is playing every game, a young guy, who works well and is playing well. But maybe I'll get my chance, if I am playing well in 2. division, and do well at training," Cabrera says

http://gramtrans.com/gt/url/?url=ht...tere-paa&pair=dan2eng&x-form-id=translate_url

3. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I like Tavo, he's a solid player who's always left it out on the field, just like Rodriguez. I've got nothing but respect for those guys.

Anyone know if the german kid has ever been approached by the Guate teams to play on the NT's? Or are we just drooling over this kid while he's unaware that we'd like him wearing the blue and white?

4. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Well i spoke to Cavriotto, coach of the U-20 of Guate and he told me that the federation did try to contact him several times but he never answered back if he wanted to play with Guate so they gave up :(

But Cavriotto told me they're searching for more Guatemalan talent around the world not just in Guate, so we wait and see :cool:

5. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Players abroad/ Finally Rentistas won. [​IMG][​IMG] www.lared.com.gt Fecha de Publicación: 2008-11-22 [​IMG]El club Rentistas de Uruguay, conjunto en donde milita y es titular indiscutido el guardameta nacional Ricardo Jerez, consiguió este fin de semana su primera victoria en el torneo de ascenso “Charrua”. El cuadro “bichero” venció 2-0 al club Rocha, alcanzando así 8 puntos y ubicándose en la décimo tercera posición de su campeonato.

En la próxima jornada, la décimo segunda del torneo uruguayo, Rentistas visitará al club “La Luz”, conjunto que con 13 puntos, se ubica en la novena posición del torneo de ascenso uruguayo.

6. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Gustavo Cabrera is now officially finished at AGF...

He is not going to get his contract extended, but the AGF director of football still praise Cabrera for his good attitude and hard work... It seems that he in general got the needed quality to play Superliga, but the game in Denmark is very tactical and it seems that it was his age combined with the lack of needed tactical skills that in the end made the difference... If he had been a young talent, I'm quite sure they would have kept him... As for the fact that he didnt get to play Superliga, then it mainly has to do with the fact that Michael Lumb never really got injured...

Translated article:
    http://gramtrans.com/gt/url/?url=ht...?id=5959&pair=dan2eng&x-form-id=translate_url

7. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    AGF a german team?

8. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    No, AGF (of 1880) is from Denmark... Infact the oldest top-flight team in Scandinavia and one of the oldest clubs in Europe outside the British Isles... The oldest btw being the likewise Danish club KB (Kjøbenhavns Boldklub of 1876 ) that now is the youth department and reserve team for FC København...

9. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    [​IMG]

Foto: de Archivo​
    [​IMG][​IMG]Lanús dio la noche del sábado un paso enorme para acercarse a la cima del torneo Apertura al batir a Arsenal 2-1 en el Estadio Néstor Díaz Pérez.

En un adelanto de la antepenúltima fecha, el conjunto granate se ubicó a un punto del líder Boca Juniors porque con goles de Javier Gandolfi en contra de su arco y de Sebastián Blanco dio vuelta el resultado que tuvo un parcial favorable para Arsenal por la conquista de Mauro Matos.

El Guatemalteco José Manuel Contreras ingresó al terreno de juego a los 84 minutos.

Las tres unidades quedaron en poder de Lanús de un modo inobjetable porque ratificó que dispone de un juego técnico y efectivo.

Arsenal terminó la tarea con un futbolista menos porque sobre el desenlace fue expulsado el defensor Aníbal Matellán, por reiteración de faltas.

10. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Im glad to see Contreras back in action with Arsenal de Sarandi in Argentina, he played only a few mins but i think we will be seeing more of him. Since he's been playing with the reserves i think that has helped him get adapted to the Argentinian football so i hope gets more playing time with Arsenal. :cool:
    Guys please dont forget we got another thread of Guatemalan football VI

11. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    El delantero guatemalteco, actual futbolistas del Deportivo Jalapa, Gerson Lima, podría viajar la próxima semana a Argentina, todo esto para entrenarse con las categorías menores del club San Lorenzo de Almagro, uno de los equipos grandes del balompié gaucho.

Lima, de tan solo 15 años, es el futbolista que anotó un gol en liga mayor con menos edad. Con 15 años y 323 días, Lima convirtió el tercer gol del compromiso en el cual Jalapa cayó 5-4 ante Municipal el último fin de semana.

Lima superó a José Manuel Mendoza, quien con 16 años y 122 días, anotó un gol en Liga Mayor con el club Cobán Imperial.

12. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  13. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Thats something that definetly Guatemala has to do to improve our football, Well i dont know if i told you guys but my brother was recently in Guatemala and he met up with Cavriotto who is the current U-20 coach of Guatemala. Cavriotto told my brother that he will start looking for new talent in the city of Guatemala in January and outside the city. In February he'll be looking outside of Guatemala like the USA and Europe and South America to find any Guatemalan that has talent to play for the U-20. To me thats very good news to hear that he's interested in searching for new talent. Dererodz thanks for that story that you found, it opens our eyes and how things should be done specially if you love your country, and want the football to advance.

14. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I dont know how true this is, but if it is, good for the young lads:

We found this article on Fox Sports en Español and our good friends of MLS en Espanol.net translated it for us...

"Five young Guatemalan players could be heading to MLS next year: Manuel León (CSD Municipal), Jairo Arreola (CSD Comunicaciones), Carlos Villa (Hartford Hawks/NCAA), Cristian Noriega (CSD Municipal) and Ricardo Jeréz (Rentistas de Uruguay).

Supposedly, LA Galaxy, New York Red Bulls, Houston Dynamo and Chicago Fire would be the teams that are interested in these players. “We are willing to negotiate with MLS”, said Gerardo Villa, the agent of at least three of them. “We have done it in the past with Carlos Ruiz, Mario Rodriguez, Guillermo Ramirez and more recently with Marco Pappa”.

So, where would they be going?

Carlos Villa and Jairo Arreola – New York Red Bulls (especially now that Juan Pablo Angel would be going back to River Plate).

Ricardo Jeréz and Cristian Noriega: Los Ángeles Galaxy or Houston Dynamo (they are desperately looking for a goalkeeper and a defender).

Manuel León – Chicago Fire (that way he can join his teammate on the Guatemalan National team , Marco Pablo Pappa).

15. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

Dec 16, 2008 [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Villa Earns NSCAA Regional Honors
    Villa Earns NSCAA Regional Honors

(12/10/2008 )
    Carlos Villa, a member of the University of Hartford men's soccer team, has been selected to the All-Northeast Region Third Team, as announced by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America on Monday afternoon. || CONTINUE

16. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Se cayó el traspaso de Cabrera a Colombia. [​IMG][​IMG] www.lared.com.gt Fecha de Publicación: 2008-12-17 [​IMG]La firma internacional que representa al marcador central guatemalteco Gustavo Adolfo Cabrera, decidió no realizar la negociación que vincularía al defensa nacional con el club Atlético Medellín de la máxima liga del fútbol colombiano.

“El ronrón”, ex futbolista del club AGF Arhus de Dinamarca, no recalará en el equipo de Medellín, debido a que la firma que lo representa, decidió no negociar con los directivos del club por los problemas extra futbolísticos que se viven en dicha institución.

¿Al equipo del Bolillo?
    Según investigó Red Deportiva, Gustavo Adolfo Cabrera podría unirse de cara al segundo semestre de la temporada 2008 – 2009, al club Independiente Santa Fe, conjunto que es dirigido por el ex director técnico de la Selección Mayor de Guatemala, Hernán Darío “el bolillo” Gómez.

El equipo albiazul con 28 puntos, no logró acceder a la fase final del último torneo colombiano

17. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Various offers for Oscar Martinez[​IMG][​IMG] www.lared.com.gt Fecha de Publicación: 2008-12-18 [​IMG]
    National goalie, Oscar “coca” Martínez, ex player of Deportivo Marquense, has various offers abroad, one of them is Deportivo Peñarol La Mesilla, Uruguay's first division.

18. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    El ex director técnico de la Selección sub. 20 de Guatemala, el argentino Néstor Oscar Craviotto, podría reforzar a su equipo, el club San Martín de San Juan de la Liga Nacional B de Argentina, con un elemento de nacionalidad guatemalteca según investigó Red Deportiva.

Craviotto, ex DT del seleccionado menor del país, tiene la intención de llevar al equipo “verde y negro” al volante de llegada o media punta guatemalteco Darío Gómez, actual futbolista del club Municipal y que fue parte del seleccionado sub. 20 que fracasó en el intento de llevar a Guatemala al Mundial sub. 20 de Egipto

19. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Another Chapin that would be playing abroad, Dario Gomez who right now has many options, alot of teams of MLS want him and now Cavriotto wants him to play in Argentina :cool:
    Dale Chapines

20. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Good news Soccer Krazy, here's some more fellas

A Jeréz lo quiere Bruce Arena en el Galaxy de L.A.

Van y vienen…

Hablando de vientos, algunos de ellos se podrían llevar a Marcelo Gallardo de regreso a la Argentina, y podrían traer a jugadores de la talla —a la MLS— de los colombianos Fredy Montero y Freddy Grisales, el holandés Edgar Davids, el mexicano Germán Villa, el galo Nuno Gomes, el delantero hondureño Walter "Peri" Martínez, el defensor ghanés Samuel Kuffour, el español Fernando Morientes, y por lo menos tres seleccionados preolímpicos de Guatemala, como el arquero Ricardo Jeréz, el mediocampista Manuel León y el defensor Cristian Noriega.

A ellos los podrían seguir los delanteros Carlos Villa y Jairo Arreola.

En sintesis, una liga que como ven no deja de que hablar y que tiene un futuro prometedor para este 2009 y claro, para el 2010, cuando agregue su decimosexto equipo, y por allí, uno o dos estadios mas, específicos para el fútbol.

En fin, seguimos, y repito: Es una liga sin descanso.

Los dejo. Hasta la próxima.

21. fernandolopez626

fernandolopez626 New Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Es casi un hecho. Figueroa jugará en Olimpia de Paraguay. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    www.lared.com.gt Fecha de Publicación: 2008-12-29 [​IMG] Es un hecho, el volante de llegada guatemalteco Carlos Fernando Figueroa, es prácticamente uno de los nuevos refuerzos del club Olimpia de Paraguay, el cual si no pasa algo fuera de lo común, continuará siendo dirigido por el ex DT de Municipal, Ever Hugo Almeida.

Delmás nuevo Presidente.
    Si todo marcha bien y sin obstáculos de alguna índole, como una acción judicial, Eduardo Delmás, de la fórmula Pentacampeón de América, será proclamado hoy nuevo presidente de Olimpia en la asamblea franjeada que se realizará en horas de la tarde.

El líder del grupo Pentacampeón llega solo a esta instancia, tras la renuncia de su oponente Marcelo Recanate, quien argumentando primero falencias en la elaboración de los padrones y después problemas particulares, se alejó de la contienda.

Los planes para el 2009
    Con la elección de Delmás, se da por sentada la continuidad de Ever Hugo Almeida. El ex DT de Municipal ya planifica con varios refuerzos en carpetas (entre los que se encuentra Carlos Figueroa). Se dice en Paraguay que a la institución olimpista llegarían:

Carlos Figueroa (volante de llegada guatemalteco).
    José María Buljubasich (arquero argentino).
    Mauricio Donoso (defensa chileno) y

22. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Is this guy any good?? what possition does he play?

23. fernandolopez626

Feb 24, 2008
    Los Angeles
    rom Jagiellonia's official website:

"Dzisiaj z kolei pojawiło się nazwisko kolejnego obcokrajowca, a jest nim 21-letni reprezentant Gwatemali Marco Pappa (na zdjęciu w białej koszulce). Lewy pomocnik, który w wieku zaledwie 16 lat debiutował w lidze swojego kraju występował ostatnio wspólnie z Frankowskim w Chicago Fire. Wraz z końcem grudnia wygasło mu wypożyczenie i amerykanie nie zdecydowali się na wykupienie Pappy z CSD Municipal. - Już wcześniej otrzymaliśmy ofertę od menadżera zawodnika, jednak warunki te są dla nas zbyt wygórowane, wobec czego wysłaliśmy swoją propozycję kontraktu. Jeżeli zawodnik ją zaakceptuje będzie grał w Jagiellonii. Wszystko powinno się wyjaśnić w pierwszych dniach Nowego Roku - mówi Kulesza."

The article is talking about the foreign players the club has signed or is thinking about signing and then says:

Today, the name of the next foreign player appeared, and he is the 21-year-old Guatamalan international Marco Papp (pictured in the white shirt).

The left-sided midfielder, who at 16 years old debuted in his nation's league, last played along side Frankowski with Chicago Fire. At the end of December, his loan ended and the Americans did not decide to buy Pappa from CSD Muinicipal.

"Earlier, we received an offer from his manager, and it was too high, but we countered with our own offer. If he decided to accept it, he will play for Jagiellonia. Everything should be come clear during the first days of the new year," said Kulesza.

24. fernandolopez626

Feb 24, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Jagiellonia on fire for Pappa

Jagiellonia Białystok are looking into bringing Marco Pappa from the Chicago Fire during this transfer window. Polish footsteps
    Pappa who is a left midfielder had already played together with Tomasz Frankowski who also played at Chicago Fire, but recently signed with Jagiellonia. Could Pappa join in his Polish friend's footsteps and also make the trip to Poland? Pappa's loan deal with the Fire ends today, and the Americans have chosen to not buy out his contract from CSD Municipal, which is an estimated $750 thousand. "Earlier, we received an offer from the players agent, and it was too high, but we countered with our own offer. If he decided to accept it, he will play for Jagiellonia. Everything should be come clear during the next few days after the New Year," says the head sports director of the Bialystok club Cezary Kulesza.