Guatemalans Playing Abroad Part II (R)News,Updates and Misc.

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by Guatefc, Jan 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emaroquin

emaroquin New Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Yes, that was not what I was trying to say, I tried to say that in order to go back he has to mantain as a disciplined person, and not becoming a drunk person. Just as many Guate players.

Personally I think he is a great Pivot, not as a Striker, but this is our level, we dont have that great players, Cabrera Sims, etc they have a very similar level. Still, I think everyone have a different point of view about players, Guatefc likes how he plays, I dont see anything wrong on his comment. His opinion is important, just as yours, or mine, and we see players with our point of view.

2. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Agreed.

But many people here have never seen him actually play and just assumed that since he was drafted by MLS that he must be a good player.

3. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I bet to differ about our Guatemalan players, is not that "this is what we have and thats it" thats what Bolillo used to say and look what Kenton found. Look at Kenroy ALvarez who's still at Parma trying out, and this new 15yr old kid Lima who already got the attention of Argentinian clubs. LIma will be traveling next week to Argentina. We have players we just need someone to go find them. In my opinion Simms, has good control of ball, the little that i saw of him with the Sele, looked pretty good. I just think he needs someone to push him at the level that he should be playing.

4. emaroquin

emaroquin New Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Well yeah, that is true, they have never seen him, but still I dont see him as a striker, I see him as a CF, or pivot, so his function is very different.

5. emaroquin

emaroquin New Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Well look, the problem in many players is that they start like good players, but then when they have fame they only care about party, if you see the case of Florencio Martinez, Jean Patrick Howell, Marco Ciani, they didn´t got better, like Pappa, Contreras etc. Because the fame was in their head and didnt cared in working harder beacause they where "stars".

Bolillo was a good trainer, but he already had money so he didnt cared and told he was at vacations. And was irrespectful with the ones that gave him to eat. Kenton really worked. With that I agree.

Well yeah, the young players are doing the correct thing going outside, they dont have oportunity in Guatemala. Just as Pappa.
    If they go they should stay there. If they come back they can become the next Claudio Rojas, with River Plate.

The case of Simms is difficult, he is not a natural striker he is more a CF or pivot so I think he needs that change.

Young players outside:
    Kenroy Alvarez (Parma)
    Gerson Lima (Estudiantes)
    Stefano Cincotta (Frankfurt) (Just mention him because still he is guatemalan)
    Jose Contreras (Arsenal)
    Marco Pappa (Chicago Fire)

6. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    hey have any of u heard of Dario Gomez from los rojos, i heard he might come to play here for the MLS. HE's a young kid from la caldera of Municipal.

7. emaroquin

emaroquin New Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Where did you saw it?

8. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    How old is he? Has he played at all for Municipal?

9. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    30/08/08. Darío Gómez firma con MUNICIPAL.

El juvenil jugador Darío Gómez fue recientemente adquirido por el equipo ROJO por 5 años y podría ser cedido para jugar en la MLS.
    Se presume que Carlos “el pescado” Ruiz podría haber recomendado al jugador y por medio de su representante legal este podría jugar en el fútbol estadounidense.

this was from the zonaroja website

10. emaroquin

emaroquin New Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Thank you!

11. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Is he under 18 years old? If so, does he have access to a green card here?

12. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    :D Another Chapin will play abroad

The youngster Gerson Lima of 15yrs old will play for Estudiantes de la Plata, 1st division of Argentina, he will be the 2nd chapin along with Contreras playing in Argentina.

El viaje del juvenil delantero del Deportivo Jalapa, Gerson Lima Bonilla se postergaría hasta el mes de diciembre de este año, este viaje es con destino a Argentina, para ser parte del club Estudiantes de la Plata, de la máxima categoría del fútbol argentino.
    El club argentino ha demostrado mucho interés en el jugador más joven en anotar en la historia del fútbol de Guatemala y pretendían que viajara la primera o segunda semana del mes de octubre, sin embargo ha existido una postergación en su viaje.
    [FONT=verdana,geneva]A petición del Director Técnico del Deportivo Jalapa, Héctor Julián Trujillo se ha decidido que Lima Bonilla permanezca en los "Tigres del Jumay" hasta el final del Torneo para que pueda sumar más minutos en la cancha y así pueda cumplir la regla que solicita la Liga Nacional y además ganar madurez futbolística previo a una prueba tan importante como la que se avecina.[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,geneva]El viaje sería a finales de año y el Deportivo Jalapa se hará cargo de los vuelos ida y vuelta del futbolista, en tanto que el club argentino se hará cargo de los gastos de alimentación, vivienda y estudio a lo largo de seis meses.[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,geneva]Esta es una oportunidad histórica para un futbolista jalapaneco ya que existe una buena cantidad de tiempo para que el futbolista de 15 años pueda adaptarse al fútbol argentino y así demostrar sus condiciones para quedarse en el club.[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,geneva]Es importante resaltar que el club Deportivo Jalapa le seguirá pagando a Gerson como si estuviera jugando con Jalapa y además no recibirá ni un solo centavo por los seis meses que estará a prueba, sin embargo podría recibir una buena cantidad de dinero si Estudiantes de la Plata se interesa en Gerson Lima Bonilla[/FONT]

13. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Post limit reached; new thread