Guatemalan Football, News & Info-part VI

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by lguti9, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    hmmmmm, i dont like that Mexico is the place where the U-17 tournament will take place, something about the referees there. Well one thing is for sure, Guate has to work hard and play consistent. We have the talent and heart to do it.

2. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Thompson transferido al Orizaba de México. [​IMG][​IMG] www.lared.com.gt Fecha de Publicación: 2009-01-06 [​IMG]El volante de contención guatemalteco Freddy William Thompson fue transferido al club Albinegros de Orizaba, conjunto que milita en la Primera División “A” (máxima división de ascenso) del fútbol mexicano.

This is what lared.com.gt says USA, it says he has been transfered to this club Orizaba, first division of Mexico.

3. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Yeah, but that's not Mexican media ;-)

It's La Red. How does he "transfer" from Veracruz to Orizaba if he wasn't with Veracruz in the first place? It's rife with questions and La Red has been far from accurate with their reporting in the past. But it seems like I go through this every window with our news reports out Guatemala. I wait until I see definitive proof from the foreign media where our players are landing before assuming that our press is right!

4. Semi-Crazed

Semi-Crazed Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's the second division

5. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Precisely. The Guatemalan media can't even fact check to get that right let alone determine if the guy has actually been signed there yet! Embarassing.

6. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Recent Guatemalans that are playing abroad or will play

DF Dor Yasur: Palm Beach Pumas (USA)
    MF Fredy Thompson: Puebla FC (Mexico) * still trying out
    MF Luis Swisher: Metapan (El Salvador)
    MF Cristian Blanco: Once Municipal (El Salvador)
    FW Victor Jaramillo: Once Municipal (El Salvador)
    GK Ricardo Jerez: Rentistas (Uruguay)
    MF Carlos Figueroa: Olimpia (Paraguay)
    MF Jose Contreras: Arsenal de Sarandi (Argentina)
    FW Stefano Cincotta: Eintracht Frankfurt (Germany)
    MF Marco Pappa: Chicago Fire (USA)
    FW Carlos Villa: Harthford University Hawks (USA)
    FW Gerson Lima: San Lorenzo U-15 squad (Argentina)
    FW Kenroy Alvarez: Parma Serie B (Italy)

FW Israel Silva : Kerkira FC (Greece)

7. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Yup. You have to take news from these Chapin papers/sites with a grain of salt. They are reporting with their heart. As much as all of us would like chapines to succeed, reporting BS is just that, BS. On a side note; USAFutbol, do you know the rules regarding the MLS draft and if Villa can be drafted even if has already played for Muccocipal?

8. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Well agree with you in some part but i do gotta say some of the news is true. Now i have my own resources and i can tell you is no BS.
    Like Cavriotto, ex coach of the U-20 he's now coaching in Argentina, and he told me by phone he will call this kid that plays in Municipal, his name is Donis, we all know the history of Municipal keeps all these talented players in the bench while the old ones play 90mins. Anyway, besides that contact, i also have contact with the main author of prensalibre, which we all know prensalibre is most respectable newspaper in Guate and i know they dont talk too bs. But i do agree with you again there's some sites do tell some big ol' lies but my friend where else are we going to get news about Guate, tell me. South Americans aint gonna talk about Guate, Europeans aint going to talk about Guate, so we have to get any news we can get our hands on, even if we all know that the news is not liable, but we never know.

9. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Selección con dos fogueos confirmados. [​IMG][​IMG] www.lared.com.gt Fecha de Publicación: 2009-01-06 [​IMG]Con informamos en su momento, la Selección Nacional de Guatemala, conjunto que es dirigido por el criollo Benjamín Eduardo Monterroso, encarará dos encuentros de preparación, previo a participar en la Copa de Naciones Centroamericanas, campeonato que se llevará a cabo del 22 de enero al 1 de febrero en Tegucigalpa, Honduras.

Los chapines enfrentarán el sábado 17 de enero, en la ciudad de Ford Pierce, Florida, al seleccionado de Haití. El encuentro de preparación se realizará a partir de las 19 horas de Miami (18 de Guatemala).

Posteriormente, el lunes 19 de enero en la ciudad de Fortlauderdale, a puertas cerradas, Guatemala chocará con la Selección de Dinamarca. El encuentro aún no tiene horario para realizarse

No va el partido ante San Carlos de Costa Rica.
    Por otro lado Benjamín Monterroso, DT del conjunto nacional, dio a conocer que el compromiso amistoso que enfrentaría al seleccionado nacional con el club San Carlos de Costa Rica este viernes en el estadio Cementos Progreso, no se llevará a cabo.

10. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Now we talking, those are the type of teams we should be playing, Denmark and other European teams. We have to test those young bucks, and que le empiezen a poner huevos desde ahorita, and have the experience of playing tough teams. That way when we play Concacaf teams, we would play strong and with a different type of mentality.

11. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Understood, but this is why we need to demand more accountability from these people rather than just accepting their reports. For example, you had one of these "media" people right here on BS with Romano and you let him know that we won't accept his biased and often false reports as anything other than propoganda of the Villa family.

Likewise, when La Red reports news, rather than accepting it as fact till proven wrong, we should try and find reports outside the country until proven right! ;)

That is why I ask for foreign news links about our boys when these items pop up.

So far, we have not had conclusive evidence from any sources of FT actually signing with Veracruz or now with the other second division team five months later.

12. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    I honestly don't know. If his rights are held by Municipal still then I presume he couldn't sign with MLS. But then again, he probably wouldn't be able to play NCAA either. So instead, he's probably free. Which in that case, he could enter the draft potentially. I'm not 100% clear if being a former professional and foreign national team player changes this at all and requires that he be picked via an allocation or discovery pick, however.... So I don't really know!

13. Guicho

Guicho New Member

Oct 27, 2007
    CREMAS
    Now it ends up that our "journalist" is also a violent member of a known group of fans that is responsible for kepping families away from the stadiums, here he blogs about having a "lover" of his Pirulo visiting LA:

Estimados Señores,
    por medio de la presente reciban un saludo calurozo de mi parte,
    mi nombre es Rene Romano y resido en la ciudad de Los Angeles,
    California, soy miembro de la Ultra Roja en Guatemala (vivi alla
    por 9 años) pero ahora resido en LA, el INFERNO ROJO sera el
    nombre oficial de la ultra roja en Los Angeles para el clasico en
    Coliseo Memorial de LA, Les quisiera pedir el siguiente favor, y
    este es que avisen a la aficion Roja por sus respectivos medios
    de comunicacion que el INFERNO ROJO contara con la visita de
    PIRULO y RUDI los jefes de la ULTRA ROJA en Guatemala y sus
    servidor uno de los fieles de la ULTRA en Guate, y fundador de
    este INFERNO ROJO de LA! nos reuniremos en puerta 24 del coliseo
    de Los Angeles una hora antes del clasico aficion roja vestida de
    rojo, banderas gorros etc. no instrumentos musicales lo haremos a
    pura garganta! no habra violencia ni insultos solo pura devocion
    y recibimiento a nuestro gran y flamante campeon MUNICIPAL!
    preguntas comuniquense a rojo_mania@yahoo.com

http://www.angelfire.com/la2/chamusca/rojos.html

14. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Swisher was at one time in talks with Alianza, but things didn't turnout. I haven't heard anything about him going to Metapan, but things aren't looking to good cause they already have three international players and are working on getting a Panamanian to fill in the fourth and final spot. Although this could always change.

And not that it matters but Blanco is Salvadoran-Guatemalan. There is also no Jaramillo listed as being part of Once Municipal. There is a Victor Jarmillo who plays for Once Lobos, but he is Colombian. Could he be Colombian-Guatemalan?

Also just out of curiosity, Silva is a Brazilian naturalized Guatemalan right?

15. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Ya viene su casero pirulo para darle una su chimada al hueco de romando. :eek:

Estos dos personajes son un cáncer para nuestro medio y para el fúbol chapín en general.

16. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico