Guatemalan Football News, Info. & Women's NT(XI)

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by edcalvi, Jan 11, 2011.

1. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Agreed. :(

2. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nope, as things stand we wouldn't be able to participate in any international competitions, hence no copa uncaf.

But I can't help get mad at all of them. They all share the blame if you ask me.

*Fifa is just being a bully, why won't they do this to Argentina?

*La Asamblea are right in the sense that the comision hasn't done anything, but that's not why they voted against them. They know that once they change the voting laws they won't have as much power and hence not as much $$$ coming their way.

*La comision is also at fault. They said they wouldn't stay in power for long, just 6 months to change the laws. And yet they couldn't come up with them and now they want to stay till next June. Also, the changes they want to implement are only superficial. What this means is that if someone wants to come to power they'll need to pay off more people than before. Also they have no soccer knowledge. I want someone that can take us forward no sideways.

*Lastly, Gerardo Paiz. He was the main instigator trying to come to power by being sneaky. Don't get me wrong, I thought he was the one to take us forward but he had to do it fair and square, not this way. Though to be honest, if something defines the contemporary guatemalan would be a "con artist".

Si no, the best way to find out about the idiosyncrasies of being Guatemalan, the best way is to read the story of rodrigo Rosenberg. Where everyone try to con their way into proving someone guilty or innocent. Fascinating story.

3. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    So the Suspension mean that you guys can't play the 2017 Gold Cup?

4. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the suspension remains, Guatemala can't play in the Gold Cup. The more immediate concern is the Copa Centroamerica. Guatemala was put in the group of 3, which also has Costa Rica and El Salvador. If Guatemala doesn't play, I hope Belize or Nicaragua gets moved to that group to make 2 groups of 3. If there is a group of 2 (which isn't a "group") and a group of 4, there couldn't be the Fifth Place Game between the third place teams because one group wouldn't have a third place team. Alternatively, rather than playing a Group Stage, Semifinals, Final, Third Place Game, and Fifth Place Game; with 6 teams everybody could play each opponent once, which wouldn't take any more matchdays than the 5 that are already scheduled. I don't think UNCAF would change the format to that on short notice, but if I had to plan a Copa Centroamericana with 6 teams, I would have 5 matchdays with 3 games each and every team playing each opponent once.

http://www.concacaf.com/article/concacaf-statement-8 is titled "CONCACAF Statement."

5. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    They should just make it a 6 team round robin.

6. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    The Asamblea just approved the comision , so there's a chance we might still participate in the Copa Uncaf.

Unfortunately, these mother********es tantrum left our youth teams out of competitions. The ramifications will be felt in c the near future. I'm still ********ing pissed. These ppl should be banned forever.

7. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Wow they took your guys spot for the U20 Championship? That is some BS

edcalvi repped this.
  8. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    edcalvi repped this.
  9. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    edcalvi repped this.
  10. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    who's that again, your boy is back

11. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Puta apareciste vos. I thought you've retired the same day as Don Bryan Jiménez

12. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    They have in common que a los dos los encontraron bien a verg@ y todos sucios en la calle.

Chul0 repped this.
  13. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Quien Sera el mas borracho? Les, Bryan or el fish ?

14. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nothing like missing the Gold Cup to make u realize that there are worse things in life than losing to Cuba in the copa oro :mad::(:cry:

15. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    ya vino sus Tata, y el Elfi quien es, a ese no lo conozco. I was cracking up last night when I saw Cristian Roldan es un majeeeee. Ese puesto ya es de otro y ahora se jodio porque ya no puede jugar ni con el Salvador o Guatemala. By the way our Federation elections are in October and I already contacted Gerardo Paiz to give him publicity. To me he's the right candidate. AL fish lo veo mas como entrenador de la Seleccion.

16. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Idk dude, it's obvious he feels american so even if he won't get to play with the US other than a few games this tournament I don't hold it against it. Call me old fashioned pero pa jugar con Guate tenes que sentir la camiseta.

Is Paiz still running for it ? Didn't he claim he wasn't going to after a lot of ppl started claiming he started the uprising against the comision which got us suspended ? If he's , what's his plan ? Real talk

So far only Alvizuris confirmed to be running with ppl that were gonna back Fish, so I guess this means Ruiz ain't running no more.

finally, de nada va a servir creo, cause since the CDEAG (?) No paso los estatutos nos van suspender 2 years :'(

17. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
  18. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
  19. MetroChile