Guatemala vs Trinidad (11/13) y San Vicente (11/17) [WCQ 2018]

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by edcalvi, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    La tuya juega Hasta las 6 pm contra el salvador remember? ...
    HahhahahHh

2. aramada

aramada Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Washington DC
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Anyone have a score update? Any streams? I cant find any, and nbc deportes won't load for me....

3. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    H. T. 0-0

We had the better chances , tinoco especially, and there could've been a penalty due to Hamilton being Hamilton

All in all we have defended well though tiramos muchos pelotazos, though to be fair they're somewhat working . Moyo me ha gusta do bar the wreck less fouls , thomson el mejor in my opinion , let's see how the second half plays out

4. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Ruiz and Hamilton being complete thugs. Ruiz should have been carded already. Hamilton was forgiven 2 penalty kicks. Pappa showing some brilliance. Not much work for Motta. Moyo has been trash.

5. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    0-0 HT

6. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Una tuvieron :cry::(

7. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    :cry:;):thumbsup::(Ya estuvo, Hasta la proxima

8. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Tiene razón el hueco de Hermosillo.. Una cosa es querer y otra es poder.. Y ahorita no podemos. Simple dicho, valemos verga!

Chul0 and ChaChaFut repped this.
  9. OnTheeRize

OnTheeRize Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  10. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    That was pathetic, although not a much different performance than the games against Bermuda or Antigua & Barbuda. No surprise in attack, little/bad shooting... we had about 5 good minutes at the start of the 2nd half when we were all over them. Then Enoc got injured and everything got very disorganized. Trinidad had 2 shots on goal and they buried them. Pappa looked bad under the pressure of being down 1-0. 2nd Trinidad goal I'm sure we all saw it coming. T&T were the better team on paper and they confirmed it with this result. Coach could maybe be blamed for so many aerial balls, but not much else.

Chul0 repped this.
  11. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Elias Enoc Vasquez has a torn MCL and will be out for a few weeks...

12. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Well here my thoughts:

First of all the tragedy in Paris really puts into perspective the futility and insignificance of soccer period.

Now the game , I like how the back line defended in the first half though I did say earlier how there's was no point of playing pappa and Moyo in the middle if we were just gonna boot it up the field. En linea de tres los centrales tienen que salir jugando.

Third, I like the sacrificed they showed (except pappa) and the confidence with which they played (til the goal of course)

I believe ruiz should have a place in the roster but not as a starter. I've said it many times , a él delen los Ultimos 20-30 minutes. DONT Get ME Started On Tinoco, I've Been Against HIM Since Day 1.

trinidad is superior on paper so we shouldn't be surprised they won, though it still baffles me how we play a system that maximizes our weakness with tactics (long ball) that benefit the adversary

Pappa no es Lider period. He scores from time to time , but that's it (Ponganle de delantero)

Also this team should've have been built around moyo since last qualifiers, I know it's risky to build a team around one player but I feel it is our only chance to compete. Today he played decently but if you put him in front of dos contenciones y a tras de 3 quick players well get chances . Kenton knew this sigh

Last, cuilapa sigue siendo mi gallo....

edcalvi repped this.
  13. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    La verdad no voy a perder mi tiempo el martes para ver a una selección que no tiene capacidad alguna de competir.

Estoy convencido que físicamente en Guatemala no hay talento para jugar un buen fútbol. Y es una lástima.

14. Tello

Tello BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 20, 2006
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Do u guys know where i can watch tomorrow's game? What channel?

15. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    NBC deportes if you have a cable subscription http://www.nbcdeportes.com/envivoextra
    They have an app too

Otherwise try ustream and search for it

Tello repped this.
  16. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Well I won't be able to watch the game tomorrow but I hope those cerotes somehow can find the back of the net , el diez de ellos is fast , tricky and can score goals so hopefully anda mal tomorrow.

I know la sele nos defrauda a Cada rato , but I still care and Idk why .....I think the best description I've found is this analogy a Peruvian journalist made in an article

"rooting for the national team is like having a toxic ex-girlfriend,

You know that every time you get back together, she’s going to deceive you, she’s going to cheat on you, but like a fool you forgive her, thinking that she will change. But she never changes, she just disappoints you, over and over again. But she’ll return in four years, and again, like a fool you’ll take her back.”

VAMOS GUATE, CARAJO

ChaChaFut repped this.
  17. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    It's the dream of every 4 years. Just hoping it comes true one day.

aramada repped this.
  18. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    You don't root for a team because they are good; you do it because it's your team. ;)

aramada repped this.
  19. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Well there's a prospective lineup already , and to be honest I'm not sure I like it :(

___________Motta
    ___hamilton _ denis _ mo
    Henry_thomson_moyo _cincotta
    ____________pappa
    ______tinoco______fish

1st of Henry is not a wingback

2nd moyo no tiene ida y vuelta. Contrary to what many people think I believe he was one of the few players who had a good game of Friday. At least til 70 minute, se canso cause he's not a box to box player

3rd what's the point of playing pappa and Moyo in the middle if we r just gonna boot it up the field?

4th pappa is still a frustrating player

5th Tinoco Is Just Tall And Foreign, That's THE Only Reason He PLAY

6th this team has no stamina , el calor nos va joder :'(

7th cuilapa is still not starting ???? Wtf?????

8th sopegno se va morir con la suya :'(

20. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Scratch that

It's motta; mejia, dennis , hamilton, mo, cincotta, thomson , de leon , moyo, nacho n ruiz ,

Don't quote me on either tho cause some are reporting pinto and Pappa from the get go

21. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    LMAO mejor me río.
    This looks better. :cautious:

22. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Quoting Luis Solares on Twitter

Guatemala (1-3-4-1-2): Motta; Hamilton, Dennis, Moisés; Cincotta, Thompson, Brandon, Mejía; Contreras; Ruiz y Minor.

No va Pappa, ni Tinoco.

23. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Well deserved benching for Pappa.

24. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Dep. Guastatoya could beat St. Vincent, no disrespect.

25. Evolute

Evolute Member

May 11, 2010
    MD
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Minor makes it 2-0 for Guate