Guatemala vs Jamaica, USA and Antigua 2012 WCQ (R)

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by lguti9, Jun 5, 2012.

1. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Our road to the Brazil WCQ starts Friday June 8 in Jamaica

ChaChaFut repped this.
  2. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  3. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Escuché en La Red que la probable para el juego en Kingston sería:

----------Jerez (or JJ)----------
    Abuelo-Enoc-Rodríguez-Gallardo
    -------Galindo--Velásquez-------
    J.López------------------Pappa
    -------Arriola------Ruiz

Which Abuelo Morales would be on the opposite side, but probably not a big deal.

Amazing how the face of the team has changed in the last few weeks. I didn't watch the whole matches vs. Costa Rica but just by the highlights and the PBP by you guys it seems we won't be a laughing stock anymore which is relieving. I still think it's kind of late now to finally find some kind of game and we don't make it out of the group but we'll see.

4. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I totally agree with you Cha, some people in Guate are still pi$$ed that Almeida took Pando and Yony Flores and Cabrera, but you would be a fool not to see how great our defense look now, without all those careless mistakes and now with Galindo in Leon's place, much better. Hope Contreras get to play in second half. I also thought that Pappa was going to sit and Avila would start. Well lets see how it goes, hope our boys can pull an upset and bring 3 points home.

5. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    I'm concerned that the officiating will heavily favor Jamaica. We always get screwed by the officials when we play in the Caribbean for qualifiers (T&T 2005 :mad:).

Now comes this news:
    http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20120607/sports/sports5.html

You better believe the caribbean run CONCACAF wants a carribbean team in the Hex. Our guys better play smart and alert futbol.

6. aramada

aramada Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Washington DC
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    @ballin i really hope that isn't a concern man. i hear you 100% on the caribbean wanting a team in the hex, but one just has to hope we get a fair shot on their ground. That and i think 2 or 3 of the refs tomorrow are from panama.

On another note, i'm really happy to see that pappa is in fact starting. I know he has been playing mediocre as of late, but if he was our worst player in a win against costa rica in the last tune-up before this round of qualifying then i think we can all agree that's a good position to be in. Hopefully galindo carries on his good playing from the costa rica game for tomorrow as well.

7. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Field is in bad conditions, Guatemalan players and coach noted:

Al salir del escenario, los jugadores coincidieron que la gramilla está en mal estado, que no la han cortado y que tiene diferente tipo de pasto, así como hoyos en algunos sectores. "No es excusa", dijo Almeida. "A las dos selecciones nos afectará, pero si está en malas condiciones", reconoció
    http://www.prensalibre.com/tododepo...l-reconocio-Estadio-Nacional_0_714528804.html

8. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Note: there's only an hour difference between Jamaica and USA

9. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    This is how our Sele will come out tonight:

El técnico de Selección Nacional Ever Hugo Almeida, ha definido el once que enfrentara el inicio de la tercera fase de grupos de la eliminatoria mundialista de la Concacaf ante su similar de Jamaica el viernes 8 de junio a las 19:30 horas en Kingston, Jamaica.

Los jugadores que arrancara ante los regué boys son: Ricardo Jerez, Elías Enoc, Carlos Gallardo, Erwin Morales, Luis Rodríguez, Jonathan López, Wilfred Velásquez, Alejandro Galindo, Marco Pappa, Jairo Arreola y Carlos Ruiz.

El esquema de jugo que utilizara el combinado nacional será el 1-5-3-2.

---------------------------Jerez
    Gallardo---- Enoc Elias-----Erwin Morales -------Luis Rodriguez
    -------------------------Galindo

Jonathan Lopez -----Wilfredo Velasquez----Pappa
    ------------------Ruiz-------Arreola

10. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Jamaica vs Guatemala

Viernes 08 de Junio 19:30 Horas

Estadio Independance Park

Alineaciones:

Jamaica:

Donovan Ricketts; Claude Davis, Adrian Reid, Troy Smith, Damion Willians, Ewan Drandison, Xavian Virgo, Jevaughn Watson, Dane Richards, Luton Shelton.

Guatemala:

Ricardo Jerez, Elías Enoc, Carlos Gallardo, Erwin Morales, Luis Rodríguez, Jonathan López, Wilfred Velásquez, Alejandro Galindo, Marco Pappa, Jairo Arreola y Carlos Ruiz.

Arbitro: Roberto Moreno (Panamá)

ChaChaFut repped this.
  11. aramada

aramada Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    not going to lie, i'm giddy like a school boy waiting for this game tonight!!!!!!

12. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Same here Armada, i cant wait, im getting some Gallos after work, order some pizza and have some friends over and let the show begin :thumbsup:

13. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Do you guys think we have the most accessable group? Most think we do

14. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Jamaica keeping the grass high and the field all messed up benefits us more than it does them. Slowing the game down fits into our game plan.

I'm fvcking pumped!

15. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Hey Ballin u recognize any of the Jamaican players, i know i should know some since im half Jamaican but i dont recognize none of them well maybe Claude Davis but thats it. I think Guate is going to pull the rabbit out of the hat tonight

16. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I barely slept last night in antcipiation of the game. The fact that people keep commening on "el abuelo's" short fuse worries me. ESPECIALLY in our backline.

17. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Well I mostly just know the MLS guys like Dane Richards of the Red Bulls, Ryan Johnson of Toronto FC and Omar Cummings of the Rapids. They're prototypical Jamaican players, crazy speed, technically weak and physically strong.

This is gonna be a tough test, no doubt about it, our leaders are going to have to prep the young guys like Enoc and Galindo mentally because Kingston is going to be rocking for sure.

18. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Lol, I'm not that amped yet. I think I would be to that point if we reach the hex. I would say that I'm just cautiously optimistic at this point.

19. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I dont know i feel very optimistic about this Sele, one because we dont have the f#ck ups no more like Pando and Yony Flores and Cabrera in the back no more. Two, we have players that will give it all on the field. and last well mixture of experience and youth.
    Dre, u know what they call Morales, "El Chino Ruano #2". You know thats hardcore. But maybe thats what our 'D' needed some teperament some leadership in the back, kind of like a Pepe in the back line.

20. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    This has to be by far the most important game for Guate. We have to either win or tied them in Kingston. Our boys just have to ponerle webos from minute 1 to minute 90

21. aramada

aramada Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Last time we faced Jamaica:

2011 Gold Cup Group Play
    Guatemala vs. Jamaica
    Miami, Florida, FIU Stadium, Attendance at 18,037

Guatemala lined up with R. Jerez, C. Gallardo, C. Noriega, E. Gonzalez, E. Vasquez, J. Contreras, W. Velasquez, M. Leon, J. Lopez, C. Ruiz, and O. Isaula

Pappa subbed in at 46' for Edwin Gonzalez, C. Figueroa in at 46' for M. Leon, and C. Castrillo in at 53' for C. Figueroa

Phillips scored a brace for Jamaica in the second half to give Jamaica the 3 points in the group stage of the Gold Cup, where they also defeated Honduras 2-0 and beat Grenada to top the group with 9 points. Guate in the group stage tied Honduras 0-0 and beat Grenada 4-0 in addition to the loss against Jamaica where they then moved on to face Mexico in the quarterfinal round (a 2-1 loss).

ChaChaFut repped this.
  22. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  23. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Well that's just unprofessional and very stupid. I would say there's a higher population of crazy and dangerous fans in Guatemala, I wouldn't stray too far from the hotel for the return game if I were a Jamaican National team player.

24. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Sounds like this is going to be one hell of a game. I'm even more pumped now.

25. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    VAMOS GUATEEEEEEEEEE

[​IMG]