Guatemala vs El Salvador [Friendly]- 10/13/15 (R)

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by LesG9, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    I agree , though hopefully he irons out he's over eagerness , sometimes he commits to a challenge too much and leaves his zone, or is too harsh in the tackle (mo is guilty too).

But you're right he's reliable . Say what u like about almeida, but he gave enoc his chance in the senior team. N all that experience shows in the way he plays now (no importa en que cancha or the opponent, el juega igual).

Yo ya dije ....Mejia es mi gallo, tho i think he's wasted as a wingback, if we switch to four at the back hell have more freedom. .

ChaChaFut repped this.
  2. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Yeah Motta always has a mistake or two each game (but jerez is guilty of that too)

I honestly think jerez is the better keeper, but Motta has shown one thing that jerez hasn't in a long time with guate..

The ability to bring calmness to the backline , les da seguridad

3. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    He did well too, though our boys were playing that right hand side

4. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    If u watch the league games, Motta does that quite often. It's almost like he comes out a little too early. See below at 3:32. He is not getting away with it.

I think at this point it's a given that he will start against Trinidad. I'm not sure we can do any better with Jerez.

edcalvi repped this.
  5. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Pathetic, they also got him good on that free kick.

6. OnTheeRize

OnTheeRize Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Motta has my full support at this point.

I lost some of my faith in Jerez when he gave up those soft goals against Costa Rica in the Uncaf final.

Jerez is more polished but Motta is grittier and is the type of keeper that will use his whole body to stop a shot.

7. OnTheeRize

OnTheeRize Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I am hoping we turn it around against Trinidad but it is not looking good after a 1-1 with El Salvador. No offense to the salvadorenos (my best friend is salvi) but their team is garbage (atleast right now maybe a primi can change them). ES is not surviving their group over Mexico and Honduras and neither are we if we can't beat Antigua/Barbuda and El Salvador con contundencia.

ChaChaFut repped this.
  8. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    WCQ is a whole different animal from friendlies. The only advantage we may have is that the US and Trinidad struggle in hostile Central American environments.

Chul0 repped this.
  9. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The US can be beat easily if you play physical, especially in central america.

We didn't lose to Cuba ;) i agree though, after Roca left (our Gold Cup coach) were struggling and i dont see any way we qualify now. Maybe with grit...lmao

10. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Yes exactly.
    Both countries haven't accomplished anything recently so it's very silly to say one is slightly better than the other.

Guatemala had a great Copa Centroamericana and a horrible Gold Cup. El Salvador played good at the Gold Cup but still can't get results and can rarely even beat a supposedly "easy" Guatemala.

Blue_nation724 repped this.
  11. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    I think that's our best chance........no cual quiera gana en el mateo.....n the team usually se crece when playing against better opponents there (not so much weaker opponents )

12. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Lo que Pasa es que guatemala tiene de hijo a él salvador when in comes to soccer in the past decade or so .........n we suck n el salvador too , porque de tal palo tal astilla ;) hahhaha

13. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Im hoping Guate goes through, cuz even if T&T is a better team, Guate deserves a WC by now.

True, just riles me up when i see people talk shit about each other and then turn around and act like their NT is godly when we both know we're shit lol

Also true. Guate needs a young striker (un tal zelaya ;)) and they'd be miles ahead of ES

edcalvi repped this.
  14. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    We have a Henry López, does that work?

At this point it would be ridiculous not to call him up.

edcalvi repped this.
  15. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    What is Sopenco waiting on?

16. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    tbf, i dont really follow Guate's league. Every country has interesting players, the bigger question is can they play for the NT as good as for club

17. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Well, fish has to play still aunque use baston according to sopegno. ......but yes at this point he has to be called , but he's not honduran so it probably won't happen ;)

18. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    It's astonishing how similar our teams are......

I made this comment in another thread , but we both suffer from
    1) inept federations
    2) players who lack the physical tools to compete
    3) weak minded
    4) crappy league and crappy stadiums
    5) good players that lack discipline
    6) almost nonexistent work with youth
    7) too many crappy foreigners

I agree with both kenton and roca...........both our countries are still suffering due the wars we had. We see this in the lack of infrastructure and malnutrition in our players and their mentality