Guatemala vs El Salvador 8/11/12 @ HDC

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by BallinBear, Aug 9, 2012.

1. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Mario Rodriguez sucks too.

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
    final score?

3. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    1-0 El Salvador.

4. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Sounds like guate had ALOT of clear shots on goal and missed them all. It seems like Guate controlled most of the game which is good to hear. And also sounds like Ciani and Contreras did great in the mid.

5. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Hmm. A ver como les va ante Paraguay.

6. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Well, Guate dominated the run of play, out shot ES by a lot and missed like 5 sitters. Possession looked like 70/30 in favor of Guate.

Contreras and Ciani were bosses in the mid as expected. The defense had very little work to do. ES goal was a blast from outside the box.

Ruiz and Loco Rodriguez were garbage. Ruiz was caught offsides like 5 times and muffed like 3 sitters. Loco was just losing possession like always.

Pezzarossi won every aerial battle and drew a few fouls.

Henry Lopez in 15 minutes was our most dangerous forward. He caught the defense napping twice. The first time he centered a dangerous ball across goal. The second time he scored and from my vantage point was incorrectly called offsides.

We lost but it feels weird because we dominated. If both squads keep playing like this, neither Guate or ES will make it to the hex.

ChaChaFut and edcalvi repped this.
  7. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    I do gotta give mad props to the Salvatruchos that attended the game. They made the ambiente lively as hell. They pretty much dominated one side of the General Admission and were throwing streamers, starting chants and everything. Overall the stadium was loud as hell but I think ES fans were making like 80% of the noise.

R9Kevinr9 repped this.
  8. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Were Avila and Pappa the only guys absent from this game? Sounds like we got a bit lucky to win this game but that's happened to Guate vs us too. It happens to everyone and considering the lack of preparation and our foreign based players/Fito were missing I'll take it!

9. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Besides Pappa and Avila we were missing our best Central Defender, Elias Enoc and our Central Defensive Mid, Alejandro Galindo.

Yeah, the game was a glorified scrimmage that on any given day could have swung either way. Both teams looked really on edge in the first half, I think the large crowd and noise actually got to them, lol.

10. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I heard that Guate had the ball most of the time but we missed and missed and missed goals. ES had just one and put it away. Great goal by the way. Como dicen no hay mal k dure 100 anos lol.
    By the way lads for the ones that live in VA MD or DC, the Sele are here already, staying at the Crown Hotel in Herndon, Pappa comes tonight lads.

11. Evolute

Evolute Member

May 11, 2010
    MD
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Nice, thanks for the info. Any update on where they are practicing?

12. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    You guys should give Pappa a standing ovation during lineups for his signing to Holland. Ponganse las pilas mucha.