Guatemala V Jamaica (r) pre & Post game comments

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by Guatefc, Jul 8, 2005.

1. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    88'

4-3 now, Ruiz with the hat trick. Great ball.

Guatemala just miss drawing level.

2. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    The Mexico vs Jamaica match might be a lot of fun.. ;)

3. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    4-3 FT.

Match of the tournament so far. Guatemala had several chances to draw level, but couldn't.

4. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Damn this is a match that RUIZTEMALA( Guatemala new official Name) needed Pezzzarosi, Mario rodriguiez and even nestor matinez. luton shelton the guy that he musclde out was MORALES not cabrea ,

overrall guate Stinked the 3-5- 2 failed in two minutes
    Guatemala the one man team they shold call ruiz the answer, A.I.

even with 10 Jamaica ,jus bigger and faster, took advantage of guate defenders poor abilty to settele and dominate the ball.

i guarentee you if they play again this will never ever happen again

Guatemala needs uk born players like jamaica they callem UB40's for jamaica. im calling out all guatemala americans who play college ball etc... to get there parents citzenship and play for guatemala ,USA got enough players!!!!!!!! DEfenders in peferably

we jus need a bigger backline with speed

was it me but was jamaica playing with 5 defenders weird? and guate with half of there true attack still put 3 back.

:cool: not Ruiztemala Day ;)

5. jahman

jahman Member

Aug 18, 2000
    Outside Reggae Land

6. NSG-1

NSG-1 New Member

May 11, 2004
    I'm not sure what it is that has turned the media against Cabrera, but not only was the own-goal in the Mexico game actually Melgar's fault (yet credited to Cabrera in the FIFA match report) but Cabrera wasn't even within 20 yards of the play on the first goal against Jamaica despite the fact the announcers claimed he was marking up on Shelton. Melgar and Morales were the guys that had gotten beaten.

As for the second goal, the keeper was a dog. Carera had position on the Jamaican forward and had gotten to the ball first but the keeper decided to inexplicably leave his box and try to decapitate him while ineffectively clearing the ball into the Jamaican player.

The PK, well that was a different story...

7. NSG-1

NSG-1 New Member

May 11, 2004
    Oh, and the "media being against Cabrera" bit was meant tongue-in-cheek - clearly it's just bad luck that he's been misidentified twice.

8. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just watched the match.

Does Guatamala have any other keepers?

Also, why has Pando been so bad this year? I had such high hopes for him this year for My Galaxy but he has really struggled and I didn't think he looked too good tonight either.

9. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    That's proably the only guy they know. , they only have to know mexico, usa line up they(univision) own the rights to both teams rights to show their games, so they can't mess up, till guatemala goes to world cup, and gets a big poputaltion over mexico(never goanna happen they pop out babies like dogs speacialy in la and texas ), or when univision sees that they can make some money with the guatemalan audiance, you won't see that kind of mistake again.... they cater to where ever the money is at, there money who%es,lol