Guatemala @ USA Nov. 19th

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by thethinwhiteduke, Nov 6, 2008.

1. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    hello all,
    i wanted to check in and see if you guys had any kinds of plans pre or post game for the 11/19 match against guatemala. i know a number of people are coming into town for the match, will there be any festivities? or, conversely, can you suggest any good places to set something up? thanks!
    ethan

2. teddy_montoya

teddy_montoya RapidsThugLife

Nov 9, 2006
    Supporters Terrace
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Ethan,

We will have a tailgate, where and when exactly is still beign debated. Nike will be holding there usual pre-game festivities. We encourage ALL AO and SA members to join the NCC/C-Firm/CVI/Legion 5280 for all the pre-game tailgating.

Teddy Montoya
    North COrner Council!

3. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    sounds great teddy. will you post here when you figure out where the tailgate will be? also, pardon my ignorance but can you translate NCC/C-Firm/CVI/Legion 5280? i was able to figure out the North Corner Council part....

5. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
  6. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    North Corner Council/Centennial Firm/Class VI/Legion 5280 - The Rapids supporters groups.

I don't speak for any of them but I'm guessing the tailgate will be in our usual spot, the East side of Lot AA (East side of the stadium).

7. teddy_montoya

Nov 9, 2006
    Supporters Terrace
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are not sure yet. Will post when all details are figured out!

8. teddy_montoya

Nov 9, 2006
    Supporters Terrace
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Taylor FC

Taylor FC New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Commerce City, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ordered

[​IMG]

A new addition to Class VI.

11. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    oh lord have mercy on us.

12. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA
    AO tailgate plans...

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=836786

13. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    http://www.ussoccer.com/articles/viewArticle.jsp_11206657.html

CHICAGO (Nov. 7, 2008) — FIFA has announced that the draw to determine the placement of teams in the CONCACAF Final Round hexagonal for 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifying will take place on Nov. 22 at 1 p.m. local time in Johannesburg. <snip>

Following the announcement, FIFA will conduct the draw for the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup that will be held from June 14-28 in South Africa. The United States will participate along with hosts South Africa, Brazil, Egypt, Iraq, Italy, New Zealand and Spain."

Last 'graph: "The U.S. will be conducting a camp in Colorado next week for MLS players who have completed their season. The roster for the players who will train in advance of the qualifier against Guatemala will be announced Nov. 16 in Denver."

I'm not sure when "next week" is in an article that comes out on a Friday but it would seem to be this week? Many MLS players are now available for this glorified friendly but the roster isn't going to be announced until two more teams are freed up by the playoffs. So anyway, DIA and greater Denver area -- Nat. alert!

14. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wewantrapidman has already reported that Pablo is on the squad, not that its at all a surprise.

15. Adidas4Life

Adidas4Life Member

May 9, 2005
    I for one sure wish that the USSF would hurry up an announce the roster as I hope that they are not waiting to see if the likes of Robbie Rogers, Chris Rolfe, and Finley to name a few are going to be available. I mean, it's a qualifier vs GUAT and they're jammin' us for tix that start at $35 and end at a hun-fifty ??? I've seen a number of MLS Allstar games already so bring in the Euros there Bobbi B !!

16. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The good news is that Nov. 19th is an offical FIFA International Match Date, so if Bradley wants our Euros their teams have to give them.

That said I expect we'll see a lineup of largely MLS based players with a handful of young Euros sprinkled in. There is nothing on the line for the U.S. in this one, and rather than drag our Euro based players halfway across North America Bradley will build up some good will with their teams by not using them, so he can call on them when he needs them during the hex in 2009.

17. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    We're already qualified and the match will be played in what may be an injury rich environment with possible cold weather and a motivated and potentially 'rough' (read dirty) opponent so a mostly young 'B' squad is what should be expected. I don't think this is a match to waste 'I need a favor' capital on regarding European coaches either. But then with Bob my-son-plus-ten Bradley anything could happen.

18. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm excited for a Nat game in Denver no matter who is playing. Taking a half day at work to get out there early and enjoy the festivities.

19. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm probably doing the same, depending on how the next week of work goes.

20. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    I'll second that and regardless of whatever the weather brings I wish I could be there and I'm jealous of those of those of you that can be. And that is important (a good turnout) so that more meaningful US matches will follow (hopefully on a summer weekend -- I was at the USWNT vs. Brazil match and that was great). Also above I said this is a glorified friendly but it is more than that so far as international standing, rankings and credibility. Also I said we are already qualified which could I suppose be taken to mean for the WC, what I meant of course was for the next round.

21. morerapidsplease

Apr 8, 2008
    Denver
    I wonder if there will be open practice at the DIck this weekend with spectator access?

22. Adidas4Life

Adidas4Life Member

May 9, 2005
    So I see that Clarence Goodson is believed to confirmed for the match... Whoa, somebody get me TicketHorse on the phone, pronto !!!

23. ManU62280

ManU62280 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Colorado
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Players invited to training camp in Denver: (players will be added and dropped before the final roster is set)
    GOALKEEPERS: Brian Edwards (Toronto FC), Troy Perkins (Valerenga IF), Matt Pickens (out of contract).

DEFENDERS: Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA), Sean Franklin (Los Angeles Galaxy), Cory Gibbs (Colorado Rapids), Clarence Goodson (IK Start), Drew Moor (FC Dallas), Michael Parkhurst (New England Revolution).

MIDFIELDERS: Colin Clark (Colorado Rapids), Ricardo Clark (Houston Dynamo), Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA), Nick LaBrocca (Colorado Rapids), Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado Rapids).

FORWARDS: Davy Arnaud (Kansas City Wizards), Chad Barrett (Toronto FC), Conor Casey (Colorado Rapids), Brian Ching (Houston Dynamo), Kenny Cooper (FC Dallas).

24. deron

deron New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Centennial, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow!

I thought it possible that we'd Colin Clark, but Nick LaBrocca? Congrats to Nick, he's having quite a year.

I know it's probably just for the camp, but I'm surprised Colin Clark didn't make the list even if it were to be practice fodder here in Colorado.

25. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA
    From ussoccer.com

http://www.ussoccer.com/articles/viewArticle.jsp_11239430.html

four-day training camp from Nov. 12-16 in Colorado.

Now, if we could only get some details on the actual training camp/sessions...

What time?
    Is it open to the public?
    Anybody?