Guatemala MNT thread (R) RTSA2010

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by Guatefc, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guicho

Guicho New Member

Oct 27, 2007
    CREMAS
    I guess the cowardly Lion (bolillo) jumped off the yellow brick road....
    F..ing Coward. Come ************ Bolillo.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sorry about the language. I have to get it out my system.

2. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I feel your pain Guicho. Dont think it was the right time for him to just ditch out on us like "sorry, I can't do anything. bye" especially with the WCQ's around the corner.

HOWEVER. He did set the foundation for a solid team. And El Profe has shown that he can turn a team around with his coaching. Our guys need to belive in themselves and work as a team.

3. ChapinesROCK!

ChapinesROCK! New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    he came what he came for, $$$$$! i dont think Kenton should be our NT head coach, why?? let's say if we qualify for Pekin, WC qualifiers start while la sub-23 will be in Pekin, what would we do? who would coach our NT while Kenton is in Pekin????? 'Primi' Maradiaga should be our NT coach!!!

4. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I dont think Bolillo came to just collect a check IMHO. I think he was genuinely looking to make Guate a central american powerhouse, but lets be honest, our football is not that great. I can see how he made Ecuador into a good team just b/c of the quality of soccer played in South America, compared to the CONCACAF and Guate. Working with that huge difference in quality of play, he would need longer then 4 years to make Guate a WC qualifying team. Which he did say in one of his first interviews about being the new NT coach.

I would like Primi b/c he took us pretty far the last time around. But he also faltered in the qualifiers. The 3rd CCF spot for WC06 was ours for the taking and he as a coach miffed it.
    I want someone who's going to be on the sidelines cracking down on guys f-ing up and firing up the team, not just sick back with a stone face and not say anything while we crash and burn like Primi did.

5. Hate_Eternal

Hate_Eternal Member

Aug 6, 2006
    AVHC
    I have to agree with drerodz, Bolillo didn't come to Guate to just pick up a check he wanted a new challenge but as we all saw he could not change a broken system. I always seemed to me that the Guatemalan players could never play Bolillo's style of football, in what 2 years, the team never adapted to playing Bolillo's style and in turn played horrible because of it. I for one think that Kento should be our next coach, he has done wonders for our Youth teams and we don't need a big name to be our coach and build it up from the bottom. Kenton could also coach the Olympic team in the mean while as that should be our focus to find more players for qualifying. Anyway, Kenton did wonders with the U-20s and is now leading our boys to Beijing so I would'nt have any problem with him becoming our senior nat team coach.

6. Hate_Eternal

Hate_Eternal Member

Aug 6, 2006
    AVHC
    I trust that Kenton would have an assistant coach worthy of taking over for the U-23's while we "do battle" with Turks and Caicos or St. Lucia :rolleyes:.

7. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    How the Mighty have Fallen!

I remember how every chapin in this thread believed that a man named Hernan Gomez was gonna take this team to South Africa. How all of you thought you were gonna better than Honduras or Costa Rica, but look at the situation now, it looks hopeless and the fact that qualifiers are a few months away means there is little time to develop.... all i can say is good luck because whoever becomes your NT coach has one hell of a goal to accomplish in limited of time

8. Guicho

Guicho New Member

Oct 27, 2007
    CREMAS
    Take a look at this news from Ecuador through Guatefutbol.com:

Se le estaba venciendo el plazo... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Escrito por Editor domingo, 10 de febrero de 2008 Ecuador se había puesto de plazo el presente mes para contratar a Hernán Darío Gómez como su nuevo Director Técnico, y si el colombiano seguía al frente de la Selección de Guatemala, habrían llevado a otro entrenador, según declaró Luis Chiriboga, presidente del futbol ecuatoriano. Esta es la información de la Agencia AP.
    BOGOTA (AP) La Federación Ecuatoriana de Fútbol ofrecerá al colombiano Hernán Darío Gómez la dirección de la selección comprometida en las eliminatorias mundialistas, según el presidente de la entidad Luis Chiriboga. ''Tenemos buena memoria, el profesor Hernán Darío nos clasificó al Mundial del 2002'', declaró Chiriboga el domingo a Caracol Radio.
    ''Bolillo'' Gómez dimitió luego de la gris campaña que cumplió Ecuador en la Copa América del 2003 y fue relevado por otro colombiano, Luis Fernando Suárez.
    Suárez llevo a Ecuador al Mundial de Alemania, pero renunció en plenas eliminatorias para el de Sudáfrica tras la goleada 5-1 en Asunción contra Paraguay y fue reemplazado provisionalmente por el ecuatoriano Sixto Vizuete. Ecuador con Vizuete levantó cabeza después de tres derrotas y arrolló 5-1 a Perú.
    Gómez dejó el viernes el comando de la selección de Guatemala luego de la aparatosa caída en Los Angeles 5-0 frente Argentina, situación que aprovechó Chiriboga para hacerle el ofrecimiento.
    ''Quiero un técnico que conozca el fútbol ecuatoriano, que conozca a nuestros jugadores como Hernán Darío, esto es muy importante'', indicó el dirigente.
    Gómez, ex entrenador de la selección colombiana y de 52 años de edad, goza de gran popularidad entre hinchas ecuatorianos.
    ''Nos habíamos dado un tiempo y ese tiempo es hasta finales de febrero y si Hernán Darío proseguía con Guatemala habríamos buscando otro entrenador pero es una gran coyuntura que haya dimitido y lo contactaremos, cuando estuvo con Guatemala no tuvimos la mejor comunicación con él pero ahora es diferente, estamos en libertad de entablarla'', concluyó Chiriboga.

9. Guicho

Guicho New Member

Oct 27, 2007
    CREMAS
    Well Catracho.

I was not part of that generalization that you are doing aboput every chapin here...but if your point is to come showboat....all I have to do is remind you of the last qualifiers and remind you of the results of the prior qualifiers...

if catracho was cop he would have all latinos in jail right aways they all look suspect...jajaja

anyways....

Ojala venga el Primitivo porque ya conoce el futbol chapin.

10. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Im not here to showboat or anything, just that you guys well most of you guys thought Bolillo was the answer to all your NT problems. In reality you guys needed someone who knows whats the capacity of Guatemalan futbol and knows how football in the region is. I assumed Bolillo thought of it as another "Ecuador" job... I personally think KENTON OR PRIMI would do a good job considering that both know what Guatemala has to offer.....

11. Guicho

Guicho New Member

Oct 27, 2007
    CREMAS
    Its all in good soccer fun mi Hermano.
    I agree with your last comment and I for one though that Bolillo did a great job untill his team collapsed. I hope he comes back maybe he learned from his last time around.

The problem is that Guate needs to be in the world cup NOW!
    this is the urgency.:eek:

12. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    So the 3 choices are:

El Profe Kenton
    El Primi Maradiaga
    El Maño Anibal Ruiz

All 3 know Guatemalan soccer, and have done well while in Guate. Out of the 3 I still pick Kenton, but only b/c of how he's currently doing and b/c I'm still pissed that Primi did a lousy job with us in the end the last time around, and that I dont know much about Ruiz.

What do you guys have to say on this?

13. fscat

fscat Member

May 2, 2005
    Chicago, IL

I want someone who doensn't have a nickname, maybe that's what the federation is doing wrong, going after nickname guys, we need a no nickname guy :rolleyes:.

14. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

LMAO!!!!...touche...

15. Guicho

Guicho New Member

Oct 27, 2007
    CREMAS
    I menat to say Primitivo...;)

16. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I have a feeling they'll pick up Primi. Give him a chance to finish what he couldn't last time.

Still....i'd rather see someone who's going to fire up the squad.

17. ChapinesROCK!

ChapinesROCK! New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    i have a feeling they'll pick up 'primi' too. towards the end of the hexagonal 'primi' brought freddy garcia and played very well. we got excellent players, we just need that coach that can pump them up in a big game. 'primi' did an excellent job with guate, i think la fedefut should let him finish what he started, remember, fedefut gave him the boot, 'primi' didnt quit. even La Volve's name is in the mix to coach Guate. we'll see what happens in the month to see whose the lucky one coach our NT, my #1 candidate to coach Guate is 'primi'!! + them guate shirts that had different players were pretty cool, with 'primi' drawn as cave man:D

18. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    no primi , please Kenton is the most Logical choice... he has done a very good job with the U20's, u21's, U23's

he will evolve naturally to the Mens team.

19. Guicho

Guicho New Member

Oct 27, 2007
    CREMAS
    Hernán Darío Gómez: “Estuve de vacaciones”

Hernán Gómez minutos antes de anunciar su renuncia.

HERNÁN GÓMEZ

La era del Bolillo en números

Estos son sus datos:
    Salario mensual: US$18 mil; Gabriel Gómez US$6 mil al igual que Elkin Sánchez, un total de US$25 mil (datos no oficiales).
    Total devengado: Junto a su cuerpo técnico en casi dos años de labor US$500 mil es decir Q3 millones 800 mil. (Con una tasa cambiaria de 7.60)
    Juegos disputados: 21, de los que ganó 5 empató 5 y perdió 11.

Especiales

Bogotá. El entrenador colombiano Hernán Darío Gómez, quien renunció a la selección de Guatemala, admitió ayer que el próximo fin de semana podría definir su regreso a la selección ecuatoriana. Aseguró además que está entero porque llega de vacaciones.
    Gómez confirmó que ha recibido llamadas de directivos del futbol ecuatoriano.
    “Me ha llamado gente de Ecuador. Y la verdad, tengo muy buena relación con el presidente de la Federación de Futbol de ese país, Luis Chiriboga, y también con la gente de Ecuador en general. Por eso el próximo fin de semana me reuniré con algunos dirigentes que van a venir a conversar conmigo sobre la posibilidad de ir a Ecuador”, dijo Gómez en una entrevista con la radio Antena 2.
    “La verdad es que ésta es una opción muy importante para mí, porque me gusta el futbol y en este momento no tengo estrés, ni cansancio, ni nada. Prácticamente vengo de vacaciones de diciembre, y estoy entero, por eso si llego a un acuerdo con el presidente Luis Chiriboga, sería una linda opción, porque hay muy buenos jugadores en Ecuador”, agregó el estratega colombiano.
    Prensa de Ecuador lo rechaza

Patricio Cornejo y Duval Cedeño, periodistas especializados citados por el diario El Universo, de Guayaquil, fueron categóricos en rechazar el eventual regreso, al considerar que llega de un mal momento en Guatemala y que ya cumplió su ciclo en Ecuador.

20. Guicho

Guicho New Member

Oct 27, 2007
    CREMAS
    So Bilollo is talking smack that he was on vacation and he did not even sweat in Guate..... now for my wish....I wish that we make it to the repechaje against South America Team and then that team be Ecuador with Bolillo and we beat them to go into the World Cup./.// YES!!:D

21. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    f-that. The REAL wish...make it in first place of the hexagonal and win the WC. Hell, I can do it on the PS2, why not in real life?

22. ChapinesROCK!

ChapinesROCK! New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    you know what? i was thinking about that, about how guate would make the repechaje against bolillo's ecuador and leaving them out of south africa 2010, that would be sweat but i'd rather go for 2nd or 3rd place in the hexagonal. let's forget about bolillo and look ahead to South Africa, let's not think what we've lost and think what we could do and what coach we could get to get better. Guatemala Sub-23 #1!!

23. ChapinesROCK!

ChapinesROCK! New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    GUATEMALA #94 in FIFA RANKINGS, good? or bad?

24. aramada

aramada Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Washington DC
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

not good, not bad, just better. we were maybe 87 or so in early october of last year, and then after the victory against mexico we dropped down to 100? not exactly sure, but i know we dropped, and i think since then we have dropped down to 106 or so, so moving back up is better, but 94 is still an area we do not want to be in.

on the bolillo issue, he can go f** himself, he comes and says he wants to do his best and turn guatemala into a good team, and then he quits on us. i understand we may not have one of the strongest leagues, or the besdt players, but we have what we have, and the u23 is doing great. he simply quit on us. Now we need to focus on any (hopefully) upcoming friendlies we may have before the WCQ start, and then just copntinue from there.

25. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    The higher we go in the rankings the better so we can get players out to international leagues. At least thats what I remember hearing from guys like GuateFC and USAFutbol