Guardian of the Galacticos: Welcome Thibaut Courtois!

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Aug 8, 2018.

1. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    The point is Courtois is here because he wants to be here and not because we're paying him the most (because we don't) unlike Mbappe and Pogba who's currently enjoying Manchester and Mourinho because they both went to the highest bidder.

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    What does Mbappe or Pogba have to do with Hazard?

3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    S1na, Deep Pal and Eddie repped this.
  4. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    They went for the money. Courtois did not.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Scums being scums. Bet La Liga will do nothing if this happens.

Excape Goat repped this.
  6. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Great signing. Absolutely amazing signing. This is the dude we wanted and we got him for dirt cheap price. Well done Florentino. I am hype.

I also LOVED the quote from Navas where he says "I want to leave as much as I want death". We got 2 amazing GKs. Wow.

Also awesome thread title. I ain't petty like ya'll. Eddie done good.

CR7PT, S1na, HZinho and 7 others repped this.
  7. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pathetico living up to their name.

8. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Guess he won't remain fond of Atletico anymore.

9. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012

Those fluffy rats are so cute. When they throw them the ref should stop the game so the players can pick them up and later they should all be given to kids.

Deep Pal repped this.
  10. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So, we get a 90+ goalkeeper for the upcoming FIFA 19? There's always a mandatory stat boost for moving to Real Madrid, and Courtois not only won the golden glove, but also finish last season as a 89 rated Player. Good stuff, Galactico signing!

11. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    What does that have to do with the context of the discussion you entered?

We were discussing Hazard.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Apparently Juanfran isn't a "rat" because he went in the other direction.

saadomar, Saeta Rubia and Deep Pal repped this.
  13. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Okay he won me over with that Atletico bit regarding how the Wanda stadium will greet him:
    I will be greeted as anyone who plays for Madrid. I got the utmost respect for Atletico. They believed in me, but I was just on loan with them and its different. I have never kissed a crest, until today, because i am where i want to be.

Okay son, Welcome. Just make sure to close your damn legs next time to face Messi :D

raven3k, Ahmadi8, 9Qui and 6 others repped this.
  14. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Was it a good deal? Absolutely, for the price we paid we got a great player.
    Did we need him? Absolutely NOT! We lost our highest goal scorer, we know Karim is useless, Our problem is NOT keeper! sure, there is always room for improvement, but I would focus on Striker than Keeper!
    PS) I really hope Navas stays and continue to be our number "1".

15. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nor is Saul or Adan.

The difference in class is there for all to see. They are, have been and forever will be in Real Madrid's shadow. So they developed a "Jealous little brother" complex.

Excape Goat repped this.
  16. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #91 saadomar, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    If Florentino Perez couldn't get Neymar after the WC, he was going to go get the guy who is mostly responsible for knocking his ass out. And that man, is without a doubt, Thibaut Courtois. Welcome!

Look bro, I'm as upset as any other fan that we lost CR7. But anytime you can get one of the top 3 goalkeepers in the world at the tender age of 26 for "figuratively" pennies in today's transfer market, you damn well better take the deal. Just ask yourself: how much better or more accomplished is Allison or Kepa from Courtois? That should give you an idea. Not just that, but we also got to keep Kovacic in the process and get him valuable 1st team mins in a top club in one of the best leagues in Europe. It doesn't get much better than that.

Does that mean we're off the hook for not getting a goalscorer? I think not. There's rumors that we're going for Icardi still. We still have a month of transfer window left. We may not get Kane or Hazard, but I don't think we've given up on addressing that issue.

I was in a complete panic when we lost Ronaldo. But given how things are working out, I'm chillaxin', bruh. We might suck a bit in Europe (who replaces 15 goals a tournament, or a goal a game that well?), but we've won those things without having a goal a game a season from a single individual. Those goals will be spread around the team, hopefully. Rather than Ronaldo dragging us through to victory by overwhelming willpower, maybe we'll have a motivated team that does everything together. Cristiano Ronaldo isn't a prerequisite for winning things.

17. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I'll show you:
    Courtois chose to come to Madrid to be with his family despite us not paying him the most. Hazard's dream to come changed when more money entered the game - just like Pogba and Mbappé who also chose the money. It's pretty simple really.

ahnaf repped this.
  18. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    How has Hazard's dream changed?

Has he signed a contract extension yet? If he hasn't how did he "choose money"?

19. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    He is indifferent. He said he liked to come to Madrid but a renew is also good. This means i want more money doesn't it?

Shay Z and 9Qui repped this.
  20. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Exactly. And since this is the Courtois thread I'll end with saying he wasn't about the money which makes the Chelsea fans' reaction even more ridiculous.

S1na repped this.
  21. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    So when Courtois didn't have leverage (only one year on contract) he wasn't also "indifferent"?

Courtois: I see myself at Chelsea.. I'm happy in London (March 21, 2017).

Try again.

Just because you guys have selective memory, it doesn't mean we all do.

It's called leverage. If you don't understand it then you're probably out of your depth in this conversation.

22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Exactly nothing.

Courtois said clearly with two years remaining on his contract he doesn't see himself in Madrid and that he only sees himself in Chelsea.

You are demanding Hazard to do what Courtois never could lol.

Unlike DDG who had one year remaining but was too much of a coward baby back bitch... so he refused to use his leverage to come to Madrid (he was indifferent?) and "happily" signed a huge big money contract.

23. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I'm not demanding anything. I'm praising our recent signing for not just going after the most money.

24. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    If DDG didn't signed a renewal, then he would've been benched.

Which wasn't a great situation for him considering Euro 2016 after that season.

Sergio Romero was the starter as long as that saga was on-going.

25. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    We've been over this time and time again. De Gea used his leverage to have his cake and eat it. He got the raise and the security and he got the clause for us, but we left him hanging.

Anyways, Courtois is here for a much better deal relative to the current market. :thumbsup: