Guardian of the Galacticos: Welcome Thibaut Courtois!

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Aug 8, 2018.

1. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #951 fierro, Jan 13, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
    Where I live (Texas) the use of photographic traffic signals (cameras) were banned a couple of years ago because of similar issues. (Yes there were safety issues).

The main problem was due process, people could not confront their accuser (a camera) and there was usually no "eye witness". In this case Vinny or Florentino can complain but they can't identify who did it because they don’t know. It's not likely the metro police are going to find this is crime (yelling mean things) or at least a crime serious enough to expend the resources necessary to investigate and prosecute. There would be backlash if they did, people would want to know why when their house was burglarized the police took 3 hours to show up and never arrested anybody but spent a million dollars and 6 months tracking down witnesses to prosecute this.

As a civil matter the club opens itself discrimination claims if begins banning only European men finds as practical matter it's not worth going through the hassle of identifying, finding and serving notice of the ban on tourists.

I have almost zero knowledge of Spanish law but my position is that without some adverse action or resulting harm saying something racist is not a criminal or civil infraction.

2. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How do fans that are caught get caught and banned in England ?, because this has happened, how do they do it and why is it so impossible in Spain, no will perhaps?

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Social pressure.

In case you didn't notice, the majority of the media and political heads are turning Vinicius into the villain here. Hard to punish somebody when even the mayor of the city gets behind it and says "these things don't happen here, we are against them".

Valladolid ran "no to racism" banners this week, so issue fixed now?

4. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No , no one is this simple minded, issue not fixed, but at least an issue has been recognised, again i ask, what's the alternative , shrug your shoulders and do nothing?

So the point you are trying to make is what, everyone in Spain is racist , nobody cares so just leave it be?, shut up, play football and accept the monkey chants because hey, this is Spain like it or not, that's your point?

We could go around in this circle forever........ or not. I'll get back to football now.

YOUNGSTARS87 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  5. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The only player that seems to have no “post WC effect” or temporary form slump till now. Felt pity for him the way he was being exposed all the time by that non existent defence.

saadomar, J-Mezzy and Deep Pal repped this.
  6. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Tibo was probably tired of people making fun of his Liverpool blunder so he got the RM team to post this today :ROFLMAO:

Shay Z repped this.
  7. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The guy who beat our GK to best goalkeeper award lol

29C714AB-D0E8-4714-A6D5-7D2CC9CF294D.jpeg

Aensensen and saadomar repped this.
  8. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It makes it extra funny when you put into account his obscene gesture after winning it. Well done fifa and Qataris.

The most classless team of the tournament won.

Aensensen and Lyra repped this.
  9. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Dibu is a mediocre keeper. Great pk stopper but that’s it, and that’s cuz of his mental games not really his ability

10. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What makes it even funnier is they gave the FIFA fan award to Argentina after chanting n words for Mbappe for 90 mins. :ROFLMAO:
    I mean eff the Japanese who used to stay back and clean the mess in stadium after the end.:rolleyes:

saadomar and J-Mezzy repped this.
  11. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Thats when you know that the narrative that Messi has to "win" a World Cup to cement his status as the GOAT is artificially manufactured.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    IMG_20230301_091221.jpg

Courtois got the majority of coach votes, was a vote short with the players but his lack of fan and media support cost him the award.

13. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t know what Courtois gets paid, but it ain’t enough. So important in even keeping us in a lot of these matches. Big love to Tibo, absolute giant for Madrid.

Shay Z, Zidane05, saadomar and 1 other person repped this.
  14. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #964 saadomar, Jun 4, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2023
    Courtois basically has to be the long term leader. Benzema is gone, Modric and Kroos will be soon. So we need someone with the quality of a leader. I think Courtois will be the man. Dani Carvajal just doesn't have the legs. He might be a figurative leader, but the main one on the pitch will have to be Courtois.

Alaba, Rudiger, Cama, and Tchou are too new. Vini, Fede, and Eder are too temperamental. Rodrygo is too shy. We don't know if LV, Nacho and Ceballos will be around next season, or if they will play regularly enough to be the long term captain.

That leaves Thibaut as the only candidate suitable to be the next captain.

15. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Excape Goat and J-Mezzy repped this.
  16. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

My man needs to learn

I go on vacation and go do my training at 5 am so I don’t take time from the lady

RoadMan repped this.
  17. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    My wife has similar videos of me.

Just replace the beach for the sofa and the running with a PlayStation 5.

Digital, Excape Goat, Zidane05 and 11 others repped this.
  18. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I disagree man.

The only reason they are there is because that training and level of dedication.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I did not know Hazard is married to TC.

20. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lyra, saadomar, natenate101 and 2 others repped this.
  21. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    Does it mean he will be back next month ?

22. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't know, but I just wanted to say that I'm very, very comfortable with Lunin in goal. No need to rush TC, at all. Such luxury!

Glide84, saadomar, Shay Z and 4 others repped this.
  23. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    saadomar, Deep Pal and Anon. repped this.
  24. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    saadomar and hector_br repped this.
  25. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    That would be a huge lift to have him back in time for some match fitness before we head into, hopefully the CL semis.