Guam Football Thread

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by captdf, Feb 23, 2005.

1. captdf

captdf Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Irvine, CA, USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know where I can get a Guam jersey/kit? I'm serious here.

Do they even sell them? I tried to e-mail the contact from FIFA's web page, but the e-mail was undeliverable.

2. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    Guam's part of the AFC.

Thread moved to Asia.

3. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

omg.. that is the worst team in the world.. i bet i could even make the team.. yeah any soccer equipment of Guam is like RARE.. i never even seen a jersey or even a picture of Guam players.. good luck with just getting a jersey

4. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    I do not believe that Guam soccer jerseys are available for public purchase. Due to a lack of funds, Guam had to withdraw from 2006 World Cup Qualifying. With a population of less than 200,000 and with soccer being the fourth most popular sport on the island (behind baseball, football and basketball), the Guam Football Association faces an uphill battle.

The silver lining: if Guam remains #205 place in the FIFA ranking, the team would be "eligible" to play that pre-World Cup game that pits the two lowest ranked teams in the world. :)

[​IMG]

How small is the island? I do believe that the the Vice President of the Guam Federation (Pascual Artero) was my Physical Education (PE) teacher in junior high school and the General Secretary (Mike Bordallo) was a year behind me at my high school. Maybe I should check with them to see if I can get a hold of a soccer jersey. ;) (Source).

Go Guam!

5. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    If you can find a photo, ur best bet will be to find a sports tailor or someone who's willing to make a replica out of available materials lol

6. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

WHOA YOU SERIOUS? actually thatd be awesome.. yeah i guess itd be nice to live in a place where everyone knows everyone

7. babeldaob

babeldaob Member

Jan 16, 2003
    a bit off topic... but does Palau have a soccer team? I know baseball and basketball are big there and I don't ever remember see a soccer field there. I did play in some pick-up games and the Palauans weren't too bad....for never playing. But I bet they could beet the guamainians! Ok- just a little Pacific Island smack...

By the way, I know native people from Guam are Chomorran (sp?), but what about everyone else- are they Guamanians? just curious.

Too bad that Guam had to withdraw from the WC

8. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    Palau is not registered with FIFA so the island probably does not have a national team. I wish they would so Guam could move out of the last place position in the FIFA rankings. I am quite sure that Guam could take them in soccer, just like they have handled the Palauans in baseball. Two-time defending South Pacific Games Baseball Champions!

I agree.

The indigenous people of Guam are Chamorros. Anyone born or living in Guam can consider themselves "Guamanian," but may not necessarily be Chamorro.

All Chamorros living in Guam are Guamanians.
    Not all Guamanians on the island are of Chamorro descent.

Chamorros can also be found in the rest of the Marianas islands (e.g. Saipan, Rota, and Tinian). Guam is the southernmost island in the Marianas while Maug (Guam spelled backwards) is one of the northernmost.

The Enola Gay took off from an airfield on the island of Tinian.

[​IMG]

9. captdf

captdf Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Irvine, CA, USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for your help Guamster. The reason that I ask is that even though I live in California, my parents were both born on Guam and I thought it would be rad to be able to sport a Guam jersey.

I think maybe I'll ask my family members who are there if they have any contacts that might be able to hook me up with one. I am distantly related to Governor Camacho so maybe he can hook me up.

10. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Palau actually hosted the 6-team Micronesia games in 1998. I am afraid that their 2 international class matches were not very good for Palau fans. Palau 2-15 Guam (confirmed, yes 15!), and Palau 1-12 Northern Marianas (not confirmed). Palau went on to finsih 3rd in the tournament behind Northern Marianas (who beat Guam 3-0 in the final). Palau B finished 4th, followed by the Micronesian states of Yap and Pohnpei. I would be extremely interested if anyone has the complete results from this tournament, by the way.

11. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    Yahoo!Search works well. ;)

1998 Micronesian Games

12. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    You would be amazed just how many e-mails I had to send to get the Palau v Guam result, and information on scorers, etc. The Guam Pacific Daily News eventually supplied me with some info, but said that most of their archives are copyrighted. Well, I sent the material I got to RSSSF, and voilà, here it is. But still, most results are missing :confused:

13. captdf

captdf Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Irvine, CA, USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had my aunt speak to someone at the GFA today, and I have been told that they are not structured right now to be able to market their
    jerseys. Currently, only members of the national team get jerseys which
    they have to return when they're no longer on the team (craziness!).

Anyway, all GFA has for sale right now are the following:
    pins - $5
    keychain - $10
    hat - $12

You may order any of these items by sending a check to:

Guam Football Association
    PO Box 5093
    Agana, GU 96932

14. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    I could go far a Guam hat ... what do they look like?

Fitted or OSFA?

15. captdf

captdf Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Irvine, CA, USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry. No clue.

16. clubsoccer

clubsoccer New Member

Mar 8, 2005
    Cincinnati OH
    Why doesnt Guam clubs take part in AFC competitions. They can certainly take part in the inaugural AFC Presidents Cup against other very weak opposition. On that note too, Palau has a few clubs, if their NT is so pathetic, what will their clubs be like? <shudders>

17. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    I believe they play in the East Asian Football Federation Cup.

Do you... ahm... Gaum?

18. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    They just lost to N. Korea by a score of 21 to 0, a reasonable football score (American football, that is).

19. Auxodium

Auxodium New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    how could they be in the AFC and Australia and NZ are not? :eek: :S

20. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  21. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    do anybody know about next coming matches for Guam ?

22. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Guam not playing qualifying matches for AFC Nations cup 2007...

23. Seo#6

Seo#6 Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Pomona
    jesus christ.. a keychain for 10 bucks?

24. (9)PALESTINO(9)

(9)PALESTINO(9) Red Card

Jun 13, 2005
    Riyadh,K S A
    they need the funds
    plus dont forget shipping and handling ;) thats an extra 5-10-15(it goes on) bucks

25. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

lol just for a keychain tho? wow..
    when i went to jordan their national team home kit costed like $200.. a keychain i saw around $7

unfortuanently i just bought a jordan fan supporters shirt.. the jersey didnt look that great.. :eek: