Group G (USA, FRA, COL, PRK) [R]

Discussion in '2016 Olympic Women's Soccer Tournament' started by Lusankya, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I may be perverse, but I'd love to see them launch an official complaint. Even the lightning got away with it in the end.

2. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    They could have picked from any of dozens of refs who knew English and Korean?

3. chapka

chapka Member+

May 18, 2004
    Haverford, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did the Cameroonian ref who ran their last game speak Korean?

4. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

And how did that work out for Korea?

World referee doesn't list her languages, nor does FIFA ( her native language is listed as French) Perhaps ou can research it. But it also could be an alternate language Korea prefers. Teams usually list those and FIFA accommodates if possible and reasonable.

5. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Well, brawler boy, it so happens that punching people isn't ok, even if referee Helen Keller doesn't see it

You of course have some documentation for this? Or are you going with the "USA has paid off every ref on the planet" theory?

The USA has been hanging its hat on fitness for over 20 years, now. If other countries haven't figured out they have to train by now, it is their problem. Seems kind of stupid for them not to do some running. It costs nothing.

Like punching Abby Wambach. Lightweights wilt all on their own just like the men. Expecting the USA to play on their knees or something is a bit much. In case you havent been keeping up, faster fitter teams win in the EPL, too. I watched GBR-Brasil today. There was no shyness on either side, and France can throw their weight with anyone.

Yeah, and Jao Havelange wanted 80 minute matches for "girls" and got it for the first cup. Whats next, 4v4 with no slide tackles?

Brilliant!

Why are you watching?

sitruc repped this.
  6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Seriously, what are yo talking about now?

Are you purposely being that dense, just to win favour with other USWNT fanboy's leaving the comfort zones of the USWNT forum? Or is this just another weak challenge anything Batfink says response :sleep:.

If you take a decent look at the post, I'm sure there's a pretty damn clear ***:rolleyes:*** at the end of that particular paragraph, but if you and your kin can't read, or continue to ignore attempts in dry sarcasm, then.....

I can see your intending on remaining overtly tunnel visioned towards anything remotely threatening to your favourite international sides reputation, but your defensive posturing really doesn't do anything for the debate, in the face of common sense, or valid opinion.

So here's an idea, try thinking about what's actually being said for a change, before of instantly inferring anti U.S. troll like bullsh*t all the time.
    Using your logic, it would also seem kind of stupid to continue whining whenever other people happen to mention seeing similar patterns in the USWNT too, which is of course just like I hinted, that the U.S. girls have been playing the same way for the past 2o years.

Oh, but I can't say that right :rolleyes:.
    o_O WOW. You honestly felt you had to write that redundant reply, in the face of the obvious realities of women's football, and the nature of how they apply to what I said?
    :speechless: Jesus! Once again, you extrapolated that, from the most obvious piece of common sense anybody here should be able to understand.

You know exactly what I'm.......Hey forget it, I got this far, so lets carry on with the X-files style of connecting the dots.
    Hmmm, I honestly don't know, why don't you tell me. You seem to be way more perceptive than anybody else here at getting to the heart of opinions I never knew I wanted to give, or had.

So thank's for showing me just how much I truly hate women's football, as I obviously have ZERO interest in seeing the beauty of the USWNT, which means I know nothing about the real driving force in quality or progression within the women's game.

You see quite stupidly, I was talking from the opinion that the rest of the world had taken things to increasingly higher levels of sophistication, whilst idiotically forgetting the constant need to place the USWNT program at the centre of the women's footballing universe, as the correct starting point to any discussion relating to the women's game. Silly me. SARCASM :rolleyes: ALERT! SARCASM :rolleyes: ALERT! SARCASM :rolleyes: ALERT!

7. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This forum isn't about you. I care nil-to-nil what you think somebody else is inferring from your posts, or your defenses thereof. (I enjoyed your tactical/strategic analyses, back when you still wrote them --)

More facts/analysis of group G, and less of you. You're a sideshow, not the thread topic.

The factual information content in your posts over the last ~1 week has fallen nearly to zero. Your posts used to be worth a glance and a think, but now they're just fluff pieces, with more color and smileys per paragraph than analytical points per post. I get the impression that you're just mailing it in. When did your skin get so thin?

At least newsouth tells us how Formiga links up through Marta better than their other players do(n't), which is something we can actually watch for in a future match. That's more perceptive and better analysis than you've contributed total since a few days before the Olympics started.

If you're here just to yank chains, that JanMoller shell was funnier and more concise at it.

Katreus repped this.
  8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I never made it about me ******, some of your kin did, but if want it that way fine.

9. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read somewhere that the game had changed from a decade ago.

/rimshot

sitruc repped this.
  10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What, all the rubbish Solo talks, and you want to highlight that?

/ slow clap

11. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a joke precisely b/c of the rubbish factor. Perhaps even a budding meme..

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL, I'm glad you said that.

13. Namdynamo

Namdynamo Member+

Jan 1, 2005
    Piss off troll. It is getting ridiculous how sore you sound lately.

Wait, you've been sounding like that forever.

14. Chastaen

Chastaen Member+

Alavés
    Jul 9, 2004
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hence why most people ignore it...

15. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Don't forget ignore lists are great for ignoring people.