Group D Photo Galary (Part 3)

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Persian_Prince, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Persian_Prince

Persian_Prince New Member

Dec 15, 2005
    USA
    Loco, your name fits you well. My whole argument has been that past results mean nothing. I used the Iran-USA-Mexico argument to prove your buddy sombrero wrong. But you have eaten too many beans and can't understand that argument. Let the gas out of your skull and let your pea brain breathe a bit. :rolleyes:

2. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    were you trying to come out with a funny insult? that sure was a lame attempt but expected...you're what? the third Iran fan who just comes out with some kind of bean "joke" when you can't find anything to be said...very predictable

3. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    Team melli training in Switserland!

[​IMG]

4. Manoro3

Manoro3 Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Los Ángeles
    Past results matter, not in and of themselves, but they do matter when we're talking about soccer at the level of federations and countries.

The national teams at this World Cup don't exist in a vacuum, they come from a context, a continuous environment that is connected to the past. From the last 20 years we've been able to observe that the Mexican federation has been able to consistently produce the right kind of players, and hire the right kinds of coaches to make it to the knockout stages. In fact it's the only team in this group that has seen the knockout stages during the natural lives of most of the people in this forum (Portugal hasn't been there since 66) Making a World Cup team is a project, and the knowledge you gain from doing it right doesn't vanish into thin air after the WC is over. The big countries like Brazil and Italy don't perform well at WC's because each time they're lucky enough to have a good team come together, they produce this team with the knowledge built on past successes, and lay the foundation for future successes.

As regards to the Iran and Mexico comparison, Mexico has proven it knows how to handle everything that a knockout round worthy team entails, including a domestic league that can produce players capable of accomplishing this objective, the behind-the-scenes management of players in psychological and financial terms, everything that plays a role.

5. Persian_Prince

Dec 15, 2005
    USA
    I agree with much of what you're saying. You took my note above a bit too literally. Of course I know that past perfromances do matter. My point was that you can not base the future on what has happened in the past. Just because Mexico has done well in previous WC's does not guarantee them a place in the quarter or semi finals. They still have to face teams which could surprise them. What I say surprise, I mean on paper.

The same argument could be used to say just because this is Iran's third WC outing does not mean you can count Iran out before the games begin. In '78 Iran experienced her first WC. There we lost two games and tied one. In our second WC experience in '98, we lost two and won one. We played two admirable games out of three, winning one. This is our third outing, and this team has improved dramatically over the '98 team. There are reasons why some of us Iranians are very hopeful for our chances. I, for one, am not saying Iran has a good chances of moving into the knockout stages because of where I was born, but because I actually analyze each and every game Iran plays. Mine is not a blind love, there are reasons for my adamancy in what I'm saying.

6. Persian_Prince

Dec 15, 2005
    USA
    I can tell you liked that one. Fact of the matter is that there is nothing wrong with beans, but since you're sensitive to it; beans beans beans beans beans, and more beans... :D

7. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    beans are an excellent source of lean protein and very high in iron. ;)

8. Manoro3

Manoro3 Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Los Ángeles
    True that, repped lol

9. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    you can't forget france '98 and then france '02.

10. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    oh yeah they're good..

now i hope one day you like soccer as much as you like talking about beans and actually learn a lil bit more...or at least enough to keep a conversation without trying to be a failed comedian..

11. NitroGuy

NitroGuy New Member

Oct 30, 2005
    North America
    =Today May 9, Mexico's President VICENTE FOX Flaged Mexico's National Team.. here are some pics.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    huiqui looks really black in that last picture:D

13. Persian_Prince

Dec 15, 2005
    USA
    I have stated facts, football and bean facts. I like both, and am not sensitive to either. I will not insult people, that's just not me. I ask that you do the same. I have nothing against Mexicans, and have no reason to. Some of my best employees are Mexican and I have close relationships with all of them. I do, however, despise insults to whole people, that includes religious insults.

I'm all ears and very willing to discuss football.

14. Ali_reza

Ali_reza Member

Mar 1, 2006
    Iran's "Unoffical" world cup 2006 adidass cleats. Looks like adidass has made these for all the teams.

They look realy nice.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Persian_Prince

Dec 15, 2005
    USA
    I doubt that Adidas will be making the shoes for Iran, since Iran's jersies are made by Puma. But the shoes look nice.

16. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    ALL 32 TEAMS of the wc will get those shoes!!

17. Persian_Prince

Dec 15, 2005
    USA
    32 teams wearing Iran shoes! :eek:

Kidding, thanks, that settles it.

18. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    they look nice i like them...and hey have Mexico's color...now if only it didn't have Iran on them i would buy them hehe..pretty cool

19. Ali_reza

Ali_reza Member

Mar 1, 2006
    Don't worry, the one with mexico on it exists too.

20. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    same design too?

21. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
  22. Carlillos2theMex

Apr 22, 2006
    Güiscansen
    I like Iran's better

23. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    i like the iran one better

24. salcido5

salcido5 Member

Dec 31, 2005
    san diego
    is there any more pictures of the mexico ones ive looked all over ofr them and i cant find them anywhere

i lik ethe iran ones better

the mexico ones need to have more red and white

that light green line ruins it as well

25. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    yea i dont like the shoe that much either, they should take out that light green, and add more white and red