Group D Advancement Scenarios

Discussion in 'GROUP D: Germany, Australia, Serbia, Ghana' started by starcade, Jun 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, Australia did real well against the Yanks a few weeks back.

;)

Go ahead, take us lightly. We won't be doing the same for you.

2. Gold is the Colour

Dec 17, 2005
    Perth Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It was taken from the Mirror(?) in England after the groups were announced - it is them that should be embarrassed of it.:D

Most Aussies I know would say that the US and Aus have basically swapped positions since last WC. Then we were better in most positions and slightly the better team - now it is you.

3. vancity eagle

vancity eagle Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    As the dust settles from the group of death, or group of equality,or whatever, Ghana and Germany advance. What a last few minutes of checking back and forth between games. In the end I believe the best 2 teams made it through, but much credit to Australia who performed much better than I thought, and had bad luck as well. Serbia were the big dissapointment from the group and may not even have a point if it weren't for the ref in the Germany match. Much credit to Ghana as well who come through one of the top 2 toughest groups in 2 consecutive world cups, and without their best player. Germany v England will be great, I'm going for Germany, please take care of the arrogant and overrated English. USA v Ghana will be great as well considering the 2006 implications.

4. Loyalty

Loyalty Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Australia
    Ghana scored 2 goals in 3 games from 2 PK's against 10 men. Do you really think they were the 2nd best team is it African bias?

5. Loyalty

Loyalty Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Australia
    Ghana scored 2 goals in 3 games from 2 PK's against 10 men. Do you really think they were the 2nd best team oris it African bias?

6. Cirdan

Cirdan Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Jena (Germany)
    I think Ghana was the 2nd best team in this group. Secure in defense, good midfield, not just defensive... they definitely lack players than can score. Gyan was a disappointment in that regard, and none of the midfielders really looked dangerous. However in my opinion neither Australia nor Serbia were any better. I have only seen highlights from Australia vs Serbia, but from the first matches, I didn't think they looked way more dangerous than Ghana.

7. Loyalty

Loyalty Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Australia
    We are bringing Friendly results into WC threads now? LOL.

After todays games, i still stand by what i said earlier. The two qualifiers from Group D look better than the two quailfiers from Group C.
    If the best in Group C need an injury time winner against Africas 5th best side then i question them advancing too far.

8. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    Okay, well the premise of this thread is now redundant and since it's descended into profitless sniping I'm going to close it.

Thanks guys.