Group C Predictions Thread

Discussion in 'GROUP C: England, USA, Algeria, Slovenia' started by TrueCrew, Dec 4, 2009.

1. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    maybe because FIFA rankings are not how do I put this, always the greatest way to measure a team's ability. :cool:

2. Matjaz

Matjaz New Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    On that I agree, but do you really feel like Algeria should be 60 places below USA?

3. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid

No, the Americans must be pissed..... very pissed. They will take Algerians apart. The Algerians, unliked against England, must win this match in order to go through. They will attack more which allow more spaces in the back for the Americans. Besides, I felt the Americans were over confident against Slovenia after drawing England.

4. Vasco

Vasco New Member

Jun 8, 2003
    RIO
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    england are going to lose against slovenia.

so as long as the US doens't lose, we will move on.

5. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm hoping we put that "ref robbery" from Slovenia behind us & take our anger out on Algeria and, for once, play a full 90 minute game!!

6. the_Algerian

the_Algerian New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    can you imagine having a ref like that in every game of the qualifications for the world cup, Africa has the worst refs on earth, they make the most unbelievable calls, and when its qualifications time, the media coverage isnt like the world cup, if one of the players contests or stands up to the ref, he gets a straight red, they are messed up in the head.

7. NMMatt

NMMatt Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Wouldn't surprise me at all. England sound like they are almost as big of a mess right now as France.

I also think the US will get at least one goal off a set peice. Donovan's service has been spot on. I'm predicting that we score two or more total. I have no clue how many Algeria will score, however. It depends if we improve on closing down attackers outside the box and whether Algeria improves on their passing in the final third. So far they seem to be able to work the midfield well, but seem to run out of ideas as they get close to goal.

8. Celtigo

Celtigo Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Great Lakes Region (The Other One)
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have my sympathies if Couribaly is considered one of the best refs in the Confederation.

9. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going with:

USA 2-1 Algeria

England 2-1 Slovenia

USA 1-0-2 = 5 pts. +1 GD (5 GF, 4 GA)
    England 1-0-2 = 5 pts. + 1 GD (3 GF, 2 GA)
    Slovenia 1-1-1 = 4 pts. 0 GD
    Algeria 0-2-1 = 1 pt. -2 GD

USA & England advance to Round of 16!!

10. Avogadro'sNumber

Feb 1, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with this for the most part. If there's one back line that Algeria's anemic attack can score against, it's the US's. But I wonder how the US will manage to grab two goals against them.

Also, I think it might be better in the long run for England to draw with or lose to Slovenia and be sent packing. That would lead to Capello's resignation and some serious reevaluation of their system.

11. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Capello's gone unless they make the finals anyway. In other words, he's gone after this cup. ;)

12. januk

januk New Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Slovenia : England 1:0

13. CaptainAntar

CaptainAntar New Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Club:
    Zob-Ahan
    I really hope slovenia wins

I don't wana see england go through

14. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Slovenia 1-1 England
    USA 2-0 Algeria

U.S. wins the group, Slovenia 2nd

15. Sapientia

Sapientia Member

Jan 12, 2010

and then......you switch off your game console

16. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you're saying that you accurately predicted the results thusfar?

17. Lambrettaman

Lambrettaman New Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Club:
    Hull City AFC
    The FIFA rankings are based on results over four years, with recent games given more weight to make them more accurate, it's a far better way of judging a team than just looking at an individual performance.

18. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Yes because that is SO unlikely.

You must not understand this sport.

19. Matjaz

Matjaz New Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    I think it's very hard to do a good ranking for this sport, and I do believe FIFA ranking is the best we have, but it's still far from optimal imo. A lot of changes can be made in 4 years, and although recent games have more weight, older ones still have quite an impact.

My prediction is Slovenia losing by 1 goal and Algeria and USA getting one point each.

Although I do believe we are capable of having a draw with England, and the US of beating Algeria.

20. Sapientia

Sapientia Member

Jan 12, 2010
    fortunately you do and thats all that matters we r blessed having you around

nice avatar btw, kinda tells a lot about where you r coming from with these predictions

21. Sapientia

Sapientia Member

Jan 12, 2010
    did I really say all that? wow! you want an accurate prediction i ll give it to ya in 3 hours time,.... a lil humility wont hurt you all

22. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're acting like the scenario described is completely out of the realm of possibility, when in fact the results up until now haven't exactly gone as expected.

23. raviept

raviept Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Braga
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Apparently, i made the right prediction. Well, i seriously noticed some lack of speed on England's previous games. About USA, they were better organized than Algeria and mentally better prepared. But, in my opinion, Algeria had better technicians players. Slovenia, allmost, showed enough quality to pass this group, but allowing USA to score two goals after being two goals ahead demonstrated some inconsistency.

24. rusty weaponz

rusty weaponz New Member

May 27, 2010

Here are my predictions:

England 1, USA 1
    Slovenia 1, Algeria 0

USA 3, Slovenia 2
    England 0, Algeria 0

USA 1, Algeria 0
    England 1, Slovenia 0

How did I do? Was I right?