Group B - China, Germany, Spain, South Africa - News and Results [R]

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by soccernutter, May 26, 2019.

1. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    China's all about soaking pressure:

In 3 matches 47 attempts were made against them (15 on target) and yet they concede only 1 goal. :cautious:

DM Wang Yan (no.13) is worh to keep an eye on.

blissett repped this.
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Also, looks like today they didn't want to win at all, to avoid USA. :giggle:

MiLLeNNiuM and Lechus7 repped this.
  3. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Did China even have a shot attempt in the game? I'd say this was Mourinho like but even Mourinho's teams will attack the opponents goal.

5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    China didn't want to run the risk that a random shot could go in: a win would have meant to meet USA (so probably game over). ;) Their celebrations after the game made it clear that a draw was exactly what they were aiming at.

MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  6. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Wish we would have scored an early goal. It would be interesting to see what China would have done

7. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Group B:
    9+6 (+6=0) B1.Germany (vs. 3ACD)
    4+1 (+3-2) B2.Spain (vs. 1F = USA or Sweden)
    4=0 (+1-1) B3.China PR
    0-7 (+1-8) South Africa

MiLLeNNiuM and blissett repped this.
  8. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's the full German vs South Africa game
    1st half
    Alle Videos und Audios - FIFA Frauen WM 2019 (Seite 1)| Sportschau - Startseite - Videos
    2nd half
    Alle Videos und Audios - FIFA Frauen WM 2019 (Seite 1)| Sportschau - Startseite - Videos

if you search more on this 'non pirate' website, you'll find extended highlights of all the games.

I'm a big fan of Germany, but this coach(MVT) has left all my favorite players out of the loop. In this one(vs SA that hasn't won a game in their last 16 tries), MVT could of brought in her bench players, but kept the near same lineup in all 3 matches , though with the slower pace, they didn't seem to really have much of a work out(thus probably remaining fresh for the next game)/
    Since it doesn't seem like the avergae poster hasn't taken a shine to the #2 team in the world, I think their going to go under the radar & perhaps all the way to the finals(helps with the weaker playoff schedule) & their doing it against the grain with thei more deliberate style instead of the more popular transition game. Kind of reminds me of those 1980's GER men's teams that were universally panned, most of the time out played, yet creeped into both of that decade's finals

Lechus7 repped this.
  9. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who are your favorite players?

10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    i've enjoyed over the last fives years the Bundesliga game of the week, my favorites from them were Linda Dallmanm, JoJo Elsig, Kathryn Hendrich & Lea Schuller, but along with another poster @Thomsen fav, lil Leo(Maier) are on the team but out of favor with MVT as they had none to limted playing time(so far)

MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  11. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well yeah she is because Lahm was my favourite player and she reminded me of him in her best days... although she’s still got time to improve her game again
    And now she conveniently looks like the sister of Kimmich somehow who’s continued the legacy of Lahm in Bayern and making his own :whistling:

12. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unstuck as group-play for this group has ended.