Groundbreaking roll call

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by blacktide, Aug 29, 2012.

1. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Dot, I was just down the row from you!

I wouldn't call the stuff we shoveled "dirt" -- more like lumpy clods. With all the rain, they are now wet clods. Since playing in mud was always my favorite thing as a kid, I might have gotten into that. Sitting through the game in muddy clothes, not so much fun.

2. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool! I was sporting my Dia de los Terromottos T-Shirt. I get lots of compliments. There was another guy a couple rows down that had one and said he bought it "just inside the gate" but I couldn't tell if he meant there at the ground breaking or at the stadium.

don gagliardi repped this.
  3. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad there's no article of clothing to identify BigSoccer posters. I probably stood in line with a few of you.

Speaking of lines, I stood in the line for photos. I wonder what happened to those.

4. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We could do a lot worse then choosing the shirt I mentioned above ;) (and it's for a good cause)

5. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes

I always figured that on the Rivalries board this was the preferred mode of dress:

[​IMG]

6. nihon2000

nihon2000 Member

Oct 14, 2008
    San Jose
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I came home with three shovels but ZERO bobble heads. Barter anyone?

7. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought there'd be more demand. Not $99 maybe, but interest...

8. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I have three shovels too, including one that was unused. (Because my husband, who said "why are we taking home these shovels?" ditched the one he had and picked up a brand new one on the way out.) I don't know if there is any demand, but maybe we could start a three shovel club.

9. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had 4 shovels at home, I'm shipping one to a poster that lives far from our area, ( you know to make him happy ;) ) so now I have 3.
    Can I be part of the 3 shovel club ?

10. OriginalQuakesGal

Oct 4, 2004
    San Jose/Portland
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was so fortunate to already have a trip to San Jose planned and I was able to attend this great groundbreaking and amazing last home game. I had to get tickets on Stub Hub but every dollar was worth it, plus it was my friends first ever soccer game! She loved it and the groundbreaking. We came to the groundbreaking ½ hour late to avoid the traffic line up, parked as close as friends who came early. Got a brown ticket and we were near the goal by the giant soccer ball drop. Yes, I saw the people with the counting clickers. We were also next to the lines for the “bring your own shovel” people and believe me there were a lot of them, I highly doubt that people were “taken off the street”. Who happened to have a shovel?
    I totally agree with mjlee22, I was very disappointed that the amazing Board of the SSV were not even mentioned. I, too, will be sending Dave Kaval an email. I can’t imagine they asked NOT to be mentioned.
    Thank you Don, Colin, Lori, Freddy, Lloyd, John, Ned & Mike, etc., and the Supporters groups and all the others who put so much time and love into bringing the Quakes back to where they belong, San Jose!
    Now, I get to go to the Quakes vs Timbers in Portland, where I live now. I’ll see all of you traveling Quakes fans there, and looking for Wondo to tie the goal record made by Lassiter and beating it!
    Go Quakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dorothy

QuietType repped this.
  11. OriginalQuakesGal

Oct 4, 2004
    San Jose/Portland
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Proud Smurf, It was great seeing you and your family there and standing in line with you guys! We had so much fun! See you next season.
    Dorothy

proud smurf repped this.