Ground Share with Liverpool

Discussion in 'Everton' started by soccerphan, Nov 26, 2004.

1. soccerphan

soccerphan New Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Philadelphia, USA
    Apparently it's still a possibility. There's a live vote on the website and the yays are winning.

Liverpool and Everton

Not sure how I feel about this because I dont know all the facts and dont live in Liverpool. What do you guys think?

2. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    I think that even though it makes sense for us financially, it's an absolute horrible idea. I feel like we'd be giving up our identity, especially when it comes to derbies and such. I mean, whose home would it be in those cases? No ones, really. Plus, I read somewhere that the pitch turns to crap when teams share. Lord knows we don't need to take any chances with injury on a beat up field.

3. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Whoever is scheduled, since both teams would play each other once at "home" and "away".

Both LFC and Rafael Benitez have dismissed the rumours, again. The club does not want to do this. And to be honest, we really don't need to.

4. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Liverpool FC pays for the entire stadium deal, they're welcome to it.

But if they want the city to fork out any sizable amount of cash to support construction, then it only makes sense to try and have Liverpool and Everton play out of the same stadium.

5. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Yeah, I understand that but I mean identity-wise, whose would it be? I think fans need a "home" for their team. Sharing it with Liverpool would completely kill that.

6. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    Luck Fiverpool

7. Acronym

Acronym BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    U dont want that.

8. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Hahaha what he said.

9. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A very bad idea in reality i'd rather be two Stanley Parks away from periodpool.

10. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

It works for Milan at the San Siro though.

11. uber_coupon

uber_coupon New Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Copland Rear, Ibrox
    A large arena to house all scousers on one saturday would be a great idea, that way crime will be reduced in Merseyside every weekend, regardless of who is playing "home".

Whose stadium will they use? Will they build a new one? How many scouse giros would such a venture cost?

It creates more questuions than solutions. ;)

12. MOGG

MOGG New Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Ireland
    I think Benitez was right when he replied to this, He pointed out Italy as an example of where a lot of clubs share grounds, It takes a lot away from the supporters pride, they can't call it their ground and a match being played their every week cut's up the pitch very badly.......... Com' On Celtic

13. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Hahahaha, got no comeback to that. Well done sonna.

14. JJ Mindset

JJ Mindset Member

Dec 7, 2000
    Whatever happened to the GFE (Goodison For-Everton) idea? I saw what the plans were to be at Toffeeweb. They said that it would be too expensive. Why is that?

Seriously, why have one stadium when you can have two very good ones (new Anfield and rebuilt Goodison)? One is nice but two is even nicer. ;)

15. bford

bford Member

Houston Dynamo, Everton, USMNT
    Nov 30, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What we really need to do is ask a Jets fan how it feels playing in Giant Stadium... I just can't imagine that being real cool.....

I imagine one stadium can work, but it would probably take a few years for tempers to cool down over the feelings of the fans.

bford

16. uber_coupon

uber_coupon New Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Copland Rear, Ibrox
    fvck the sellik!

17. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    I'd be willing to bet they'll continue until ground is broken on at least one stadium and one the clubs chairman signs a contract in blood stating that the other team will never be allowed in the stadium unless it's in the visitor's locker room.

19. ur_land

ur_land New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    I dont know--I heard liverpool were going to move to New England, so won't that leave their stadium for us?

20. bford

bford Member

Houston Dynamo, Everton, USMNT
    Nov 30, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. floydyboy

floydyboy New Member

Dec 8, 2004
    SAY NO TO GROUNDSHARE.My new campaign is to get Everton to rebuild Goodison.A little known fact is that at the begining we played at Anfield so we dont need them they need us/crazy logic i know but thats me.